Rogue One not so shitty

Just came back from watching Rogue One and i must say i'am pleasantly surprised. The movie was actually pretty good. Sure the beginning was slow but then it got better. The MC wasn't a mary sue like Rey and the mexican guy wasn't "quip" the character like the black dude from TFA. The Stromtroopers are even more incompetent than i remember tho. They are almost comic relief tier. The CGI wasn't that bad too. I have to say the blind guy and his gay lover were pretty lame tho and the robot even if annoying at first got better. The The last part was easily one of the best in any SW movie with the fight in space and the planet. Overall a fun movie and better than TFA which i liked. EPISODE 3 IS STILL THE BEST THO

Rogue One is really growing on me.

The first time I saw it, I thought the first act was very rough but had potential, the second act was unredeemable garbage, and then the third act somehow miraculously saved it, making it okay on balance, as a sum total.

The second time, I got a clearer understanding on a lot of things that gave a mild boost to the weaker parts. The movie still has serious problems, but it's a lot better than TFA.

Jyn's not a Mary Sue, but she's kind of worse, because she's just so boring. She never really does much of note. Cassian and Bodhi are a lot more critical to the story.

>faggotry shill is anal rupturing all over this thread

I found that the introductory half was poorly paced and scene transitions were all over the place. Forrest Whitaker was wasted in this film. Everything Eadu and onward was great though and definitely has multiple rewatch value unlike TFA. I'd put it just behind Empire Strikes Back.

>he first time I saw it, I thought the first act was very rough but had potential, the second act was unredeemable garbage, and then the third act somehow miraculously saved it,
Agree. The last act was probably the best thing i've seen in any sw movie

You´re right about everything except the gay guys were cool and episode 3 is nowhere near the best

>mfw I am the only one who honestly enjoyed Jedha (minus Forrest) while thinking Eadu was the lowpoint

I wish Jedha had more time devoted to it. Cassian's teamkill/planetkiller revelation and Jyn's jailbreak could've been moved to Jedha and we could've been shown Rook's initial escape.

these characters were kind of lame? By how much they were shwon in the trailers and posters i thought they would be A LOT more important. They felt just sightly more important than a random Soldier. Now i know what the reviewers meant when they said they weren't memorable

nah, blind guy and pal were infinitely more likable than poe and finn

The teamkill I can forgive because that asteroid port was the exact kind of worldbuilding Star Wars needed, but the jailbreak could've been on the outskirts of Jedha easily

Nah I'm with you on that. Jedha was cool. People who say Saw dying made no sense would have just complained that his character had nothing to do in the 2nd and 3rd acts.

Eadu is definitely the low point. Visually boring, not much happens except Cassian deciding not to shoot and Galen biting it. Eadu should have lasted 10 minutes max but instead it's like 20

They were actually my favorite characters

Fuck this movie. It was so mediocre yet it's going to make over a billion dollars. Meanwhile great films like Fences, La La land, and Manchester by the Sea are going to be wholly overlooked. No OP, it wasn't shitty, but you shouldn't be satisfied with that. Try watching something good for once.

>Fences, La La land, and Manchester by the Sea
Why are you butthurt that a major franchise made more money than some literal who flicks that no one will remember in a year?

RO was great despite some pacing flaws.

>Meanwhile great films like Fences

AHAHAHAHAH

Lol its going to be the opposite, no one will remember rogue one in a years time. Take away the star wars references and its another average action movie.

LMAO

You mean like how we have still have daily TFA threads but no one talks about Birdman, Whiplash etc.?

high art film is the ultimate meme

>Take away the star wars references and its another average action movie.
Why do you talk about movies you've never seen?

It IS a Star Wars movie, they explain why Death Star had the weakness and how the rebels got hold of the schematics.

I saw it, sure didn't feel like a star wars movie. It felt more like an average hollywood action movie with a bunch of star wars references.

Probably because it's the only movie these plebs saw last year.

Nice blog, fucking queer.

>those rebels trying to escape at the end
>shot with the pitch black hallway
>Vader's lightsaber illuminates his armor
I came tbqhw/u