Childhood is always siding with the bad guys then desperately contriving reasons they are actually the good guys even...

Childhood is always siding with the bad guys then desperately contriving reasons they are actually the good guys even though if they were the really the good guys, you wouldn't think they were so badazz!

Adulthood is not being a contrarian edgelord and favoring selflessness, discipline, duty, honor, and freedom.

strawpoll.me/12009630

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hn1VxaMEjRU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Honor/discipline/duty and freedom are contradictory values.

You have to be 18+ to post here

Felicity>>>>>>Hershlag>>>>>>>Fisher>Xenomorph

Which movie was the better A New Hope?

4 or 7?

>swn nibble your earlobe
;_;

>selflessness, discipline, duty, honor
But that's what it takes to be a good Imperial

>freedom
So you're a faggy smuggler or what?

>there's always other options

Best Empire reporting in.

you're a fag, the empire is where it's at cause i get to crush cucks like you while i climb for ultimate power. that's how life is meant to be fucking lived you pathetic weakling.

Spot the woman

The Republic also hunted down and murdered everyone who didnt want to be a part of their centralized government or disagreed with the primary religion. Whats the difference really?

All the qts were against the empire.

Don't forget kidnapping children and brainwashing them into their militant religious cult

>what's the difference
If you see no difference then why do you like the Empire and don't like the Republic?

Oh right the religious cult known for their ability to influence people's minds embedded into our democrstically elected senate
Tarkin ks the hero the galaxy needed

>kidnapping
Both the kids and the family voluntarily give themselves to the order. They can leave if they want.
>religious
The Jedi actually demonstrate the force. It's more than a religion.
>militant
They were peacekeepers for thousands of years until they got wrapped up in a galactic wide war instigated by a more militant religious cult. The kids train but aren't warriors until they are old enough. If I put my kids in martial arts or teach them to shoot guns, are they child soldiers? Something tells me the edgelord sith sympathizers are the kinds of people that would like to teach their kids to use guns.

>Image is Galactic Republic vs Sith Empire
>Strawpoll is Galactic Republic vs Galactic Empire
Goddamnit OP literally the easiest thing.

"""""""""""""""""""""""voluntarily""""""""""""""""""""""""""

>"yea sure, you don't have to come with us, but we're going to come back and murder you if our spies tell us you've been using the force in ways not approved by our militant religious cult, have fun!"

Reminder that the Sith do literally the same exact thing

Why is it any force capable person who isn't submitted to their order is treated as an insanely dangerous outsider who should be eliminated?
Sith do the same thing. Galaxy would be better off if the jedi and sith fucked off instead of routinely starting massive civil wars.

The sith offer power to people who have none. They also don't go around pretending to be the "good" guys.

And the Galactic Empire is the closest the universe came to establishing a new galactic order free of Jedi or Sith influence

What
Said.

But also everything you posted in headcannon. Chances are the Jedi don't have a problem with you using the force nor do they have the resources to patrol every force sensitive's use of it across the entire galaxy. They likely only come for you if you are using the force to cause harm and break the law.

Wahhhh why can't I use my superpowers to be an asshole! It's really the Jedi who are assholes for not allowing me to be an asshole!

>if you aren't doing what we like we are justified in ending you
Sounding kind of like the Empire right now buddy

>sith offer power to people who have none
Lol what? They don't. They have a rule of 2 which means they only offer power to an apprentice...an apprentice they keep cucked and only really give them power so they can use them as an extension of their own power. The sith ideology is all about hording power and stripping it from others to give it to yourself.

The empire was a good idea until Sheev and his gang of wily sycophants decided to construct the greatest tax sink in galactic history that was promptly destroyed by a one-in-a-million shot thanks to a purposeful design error by the project director's secret traitor friend which eventually resulted in a wild bantha chase across the galaxy for the son of Sheev's BDSM suit fucktoy whereupon another Death Star is built that is promptly destroyed by Han Solo's good negro friend and his mexican fish companion resulting in a wild bantha chase across the galaxy for the mary sue daughter of the son of Sheev's BDSM suit fucktoy whereupon another Death Star is built that is promptly destroyed by a mexican who makes quips resulting in a wild bantha chase across the galaxy for the son of Sheev's BDSM suit fucktoy.

>ending you
Also head cannon. The republic has laws and the Jedi as pacifists are far more likely to try to seek a non lethal solution and take a criminal in instead of being judge jury and executioner.

>doing something I don't like
Nice rhetoric. Do you sperg out when you get pulled over by the police because they don't like you drinking and driving and speeding?

If you're going to use the name Sheev, you're going to have to follow the rules of Disney Canon.
>The empire was a good idea until Sheev and his gang of wily sycophants decided to construct the greatest tax sink in galactic history
That's where you're wrong.

>Chances are the Jedi don't have a problem with you using the force nor do they have the resources to patrol every force sensitive's use of it across the entire galaxy.

false

>They don't.
They do: fact

>Jedi as pacifists
also false

Why even participate in a starwars thread if you don't know anything about it?

Oh wait, this is Sup Forums

Reminder that brainwashing children if you're a jedi in the republic is good but an unforgiveable sin if you're soldiers of the First Order

Whats the path to the dark side?

Fear.

Who has fear?

literally everyone

If you are force sensitive and you don't receive the strict training of the jedi, you will inevitably turn to the darkside.

This is our justification for your kidnapping or murder. Join us or die.

t. the "good" guys

The First Order fucking sucks dicks. Their Masterchief is a pussy who jeopardizes an entire planet/bargaining chip all because some nigger and a wookie... threatened to shoot her

proof?

read the thread?

Sheev is god tier and the Sith in TOR are waaaaaaaaaay more interesting than the Republic and the Jedi.

This shit isn't real. You aren't fighting for one of the sides. It's just for entertainment faggot

Sheev did nothing wrong.

Completely agree with you, OP. Badguy shit still looks cooler, but light side for life.

Saying things are one way does not make it so.

Jedi have been criticized often by Sith sympathizers for being too weak because they were not war minded and were not prepared for the Clone Wars or the Sith. The Jedi are peace loving hippies and reserve violence as a last resort. This is central to the difference between Jedi and Sith. This is huge part of why you think the Sith are badass the Jedi are boring, let's be honest...oh wait I'm talking to a sith.

Which makes even more interesting that the jedi are so similar to them
Really makes you think

>jedi
>not war minded

Ok, you've managed to string me along for a few posts, congrats 4/10

This is also a huge problem with jedi. If you question their motives or authority you must be a sith working against them from the shadows in some way

>great warrior? heh...
>wars not make one great
At least pretend you watched the movies, user.

Their whole schtick was they kept peace for 1000 years without war and without a central army.

>wars not make one great

and yet the entire history of the jedi order is waging low level conflicts and conducting assassinations

its almost as if yoda was manipulating an apprentice.. hmmmmmmm.. but only sith do that right?

>waging low level conflicts and conducting assassinations
Surely you're not referencing the EU, user?

>kept the peace

Thats pretty easy when you can use the force to manipulate your political opponents or just assassinate them and replace them with someone willing to give in to the jedis demands

Haha well you got me there. That's a good one but a lot of these discussions are silly lopsided justification for the Sith/Empire and lopsided condemnation of technicalities of the Jedi/Republic. Neither was perfect. Both had inconsistencies.

Boi, now you're just making stuff up

Do you have examples of this because the most prominent example of this kind of thing comes from the the Sith throughout the Star Wars movies.

It's almost as if people with the same skill set and abilities end up doing the same thing! wow, what a shocker!

It's almost as if you don't have an example of the Jedi doing it.

>While it shows up in stories of all kinds, Black And White Morality seems to occur frequently in media marketed for kids.

If I was having a conversation with someone who actually knew anything about star wars then I wouldn't have to.

Admiring you're uneducated on the subject isn't a very smart move to make, just fyi, it makes me feel like I'm wasting my time even more than usual

You also have no proof that anyone was on Alderaan when it was destroyed (or that Alderaan was destroyed at all) now that EU is non canon

You make the claim you provide the proof
Nu Canon says there where people including Bail Organa and his wife.

So you don't have any examples do you?

I know quite a bit about Star Wars. More than I should be proud of. And a quite a bit about the EU but the EU isn't the best place to go to for this kind of argument because it's inconsistent and there's all kinds of retarded shit that was included by retarded writers like Luuuke. Still you don't seem to have an example because there isn't one. You argue from a biased POV that you want to paint the Jedi as these really evil bad guys that have been deceiving normie into thinking they are bad guys which means you have to grasp at straws to support that notion and also just make shit up with no basis like you just did.

Honor and duty are values of the aristocracy. Hence why they have been all but abandoned.

Do you have a source placing them on the planet when it was destroyed? In purely theatrical canon it's easy to argue that obi wan paid Han to fly to an asteroid field after having blamed a massacre on the stormtroopers in order to radicalize him. Blast marks are too accurate to not be stormtroopers, then stormtroopers never hit anything for 3 movies, kek

Obi wan states that he felt a disturbance in the force like a lot of voices cried out and then were silenced. It's heavily implied in the movies. On the contrary, the Jedi being conniving assassins and political corruptors is not implied in the movie canon. Instead it is implied that the Jedi were far too idealistic and should have intervened in politics before it became too late.

>don't know anything about jedi or sith
>go into a thread about jedi and sith
>throw a tantrum when people point out that you don't know about jedi or sith

If you're not going to put in any effort then I'm just going to start responding exclusively with reaction images

>honor and duty are values of aristocracy solely
Not at all. There is duty in selflessness, philanthropy, and peacekeeping. There is honor in it. Just because these aren't the kind that have been defined by the state to propagandize the citizenry doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I would argue that you have duty and honor in most political systems just as you did in the Empire. Not everyone in the system and every institution is duty bound and honorable but duty and honor is something an individual can take up and thus seems inherent in any political system. Just as corruption is something an individual can take up and thus finds its way in any political system.

Yes but this still makes Obi Wan the only source of confirmation for anything and at everybody it's everyone taking a kooky old man's word for it
There's also not much evidence on what jedi normally do considering they're extinct for half the movies and violently waging galactic war the other half

At least post attractive females.

>I would argue that you have duty and honor in most political systems
No you can't. Honor is a holdover of the aristocracy, which is why it's all but gone in modern life, except holdovers in military circles which are the most aristocratic modern institutions.

A kooky old man with the demonstrated power to influence people's minds to boot.
I think what turns me off about the jedi is that they're the good guys but they're capable of overriding the free will of other sentient beings. How would you know they're really the good guys or that they've messed with your mind to change your perceptions?

>hurr durr when have the Jedi murdered people
In my Jedi Knight playthrough of SWTOR you fucking queer

Define honor. This sounds like a shitty rpg: if you pick the orc war culture race you get +10 honor. Too many of you were raised on these video games

Because the force doesn't exist IRL so we the audience can see they overall are morally good even if they occasionally bend the rules or act as an anti hero, since mind tricks don't work on real humans.

But yes force user's being able to manipulate people is a problem and the Jedi are reluctant to use such tools whereas the Sith would constantly use this.

>don't work on real humans.

Wow, so they literally go around calling people sub humans then subjugating them.

.. and these are the good guys?

There is no good, evil or free will anyway.

The irony of complaining about others being "raised on video games" when you yourself are the first one to bring them up and even use a video game analogy is breathtaking.

The decline of honor in western society in lieu of the rise of egalitarianism is a well studied historical concept. I see no reason to do your own work for you. Goodnight.

You can't easily define honor. It's a highly subjective term. Those that claim such and such are the death of honor and only such and such can have honor have defined honor arbitrarily.

This entire thread is a bunch of people mixing Canon with Legends with Movie-Only canon.
Certain things are the same throughout all 3, but not everything.

Well yes we know they aren't because we are the audience and Jedi aren't real, but what's the fun in that?
Stating that the mind tricks don't work on everybody would be a great cover for them, because they'll convince you that it doesn't work on you when it totally does. If people knew it worked on a majority of people or even everyone it would be outrage

*Clears throat*

movie canon is the only canon that matters.

The OP pic is literally EU

*rolls up sleeves*
nah kid, these are the only cannons that matter
*memes you*

Empire's honest. Both want power so they cannot enact their specific view of how the galaxy should function, and death to those who stand in their way. Empire just admits it

>Whats the difference really

Better PR
Black masks and red sabers are a nightmare when you're trying to win hearts and minds.

youtube.com/watch?v=hn1VxaMEjRU

>mixing Canon with Legends with Movie-Only canon.
No one's mixing anything. Don't be a fucking autistic bitch who goes UHM ACTUALLY NONE OF THIS COUNTS ANYMORE SINCE KATHLEEN KENNEDY SAID SO XD

Also that using an army of cloned slaves as foot soldiers was good and a great idea until it wasn't the jedi doing it

The Republic was a leftist, bureaucratic nightmare which isn't surprising when you see the people trying to restore it is the fucking rainbow brigade. I see no reason whatsoever why the Clone Wars should have been fought other than to preserve hyper-inclusive galaxy-wide (((democracy))) which is about the stupidest fucking idea you could come up with and guarantees staggering unhappiness and strife by putting hundreds of millions of disparate societies all under the thumb of a central bureaucracy. The CIS was initially the best system, but even after that the Empire at least straightened some shit out and would have been a nicer place to live under long term if it wasn't overthrown by communist renegades.

Its all about the force lighting, always go dark side so I can spam that shit while i laugh. Its not enough to be evil you have to be stereotypically evil.

>selflessness, discipline, duty, honor, and freedom
neither of which is reflected by both factions.

lol

my sith playthrough was unironically some of the most fun I've had playing video games

You know that not all sith are edgy murder hobos. The sith and empire are the only 'bad guys' that I ever side with.

The empire is just fine, its always the fucking jedi and sith wrecking everything trying to destroy each other.

>central bureaucracy is bad
>centralized empire is good

Chill nigga, I didn't say any of that.

>>centralized empire is good

The empire didn't seem to be centralized in any capacity other than the military, which is kind of an obvious fucking thing that needs to be centralized. The regional governors and local authorities seem to be in charge of their respective planets, and their is no indication that you have the Empire centrally planning local affairs. And why would you? Unlike in a bureaucratic democracy where you get political points and lobbying money for trying to pass laws affecting everyone, the Emperor is incentivized to largely let planets be almost entirely autonomous as it significantly increases their likelihood of staying loyal.

Sheev did literally nothing wrong. The Republic was a bloated and ineffective piece of shit, and he was right to restructure it as an empire. Sheev even downsized the central government and gave direct control of systems to the regional governors. He was a major advocate for states' rights and was far more toward the libertarian side of the spectrum than those corrupt globalist Galactic Republic shitstains

>b-but the Galactic Empire was evil!

They only ever attacked those who rebelled against the government. Blowing up Alderaan was literally no different than nuking Japan.

The Imperials always did things by the book, as they respected the rule of law. It's subtle, but you'll note that Vader never just went around killing and oppressing people for no reason. For example, let's take a look at Lando and Bespin in ESB. Note that Vader points out how Lando's operation is illegal, and that he's actually being fairly merciful.

Look instead at the precedent set by the Galactic Republic. The republic was so poorly structured that they didn't even have a goddamn standing army, and when they needed one, they had to use brainwashed slave clones. That's right, senpai. The "benevolent democratic republic" used SLAVE LABOR to fight its wars for it.

On the other hand, people actually voluntarily enlisted with the Empire's military. Hell, even Luke wanted to enroll in the Imperial Academy, along with his friends. So apparently the Empire really isn't that bad when you're just a regular galactic citizen. It's only "bad" according to the propaganda give to people by the Jedi and by the Rebels. And there are clear conflicts of interest. The Jedi are just butthurt that the Sith won in their little religious power struggle. The rebellion is headed by a bunch of butthurt globalist senators who are mad that their power was diminished when power was given to regional governors instead. They're just mad that the PEOPLE chose Sheev over them.

Also, Sheev BTFO the (((commerce guilds)))

Everything you said is headcannon and more likely to not be true.

Everything you said can also be said about the Republic considering the local governments for each planet likely handle the governance for local affairs.

This is expanded upon in the Clone Wars series which beyond the movies is the closest thing we have to canonized material. But let's disregard that because in Episode 1 we see that Naboo is told by the senate to handle their own affairs and we also know that Naboo has a queen.