Chungking Express

Just watched pic related

What did you think of it? Did you love it? Did you hate it? Be sure to leave your thoughts in the comment section below.

also
>tfw no qt chinese gf

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MUabQYknLGo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Love it, favorite film, be sure to check out Wong Kar-wai's other films.

And Faye Wong is actually a pretty nice musician, listen to her album Fuzao, it's some pretty nice dream pop with contributions by Cocteau Twins

youtube.com/watch?v=MUabQYknLGo

Posting rare Fayes

The movie got really depressing once I realised that the second half of the second story (the one where she breaks in his apartment, fixes all and then goes to California) is actually Faye daydreaming at her job.

Made the movie hit way harder than it did before.

>is actually Faye daydreaming at her job.
source?

The movie?

She's on the counter (OP's pic), then she closes her eyes, there is an airplane sound and she is in his apartment. Then it cuts back to her in the food place.
The cousin comments on the Indian guy daydreaming and on Faye daydreaming as well.
Then she narrates "I had a dream that afternoon that I was in his apartment. [...] I didn't know you never wake up from some dreams", then it cuts to 663 in his apartment and she is in his closet.

And a song that constantly plays in the movie is California DREAMIN'. And then there's Dreams by The Cranberries.

I liked the film a lot but I am not really that crazy about it. I want to see the other films by this director, cause chunking express was so well shot and well made, there was just something missing for me.

Good movie.

I didn't really "get" why it has so much renown but it was kinda cute and well made. Faye = waifu material.

Interesting.

I liked the First story more at first but then her story started to grow on me.

How come her buttcheeks were so spread apart? It was not a round hole of an asshole, but a rectangular shape, wide open to the world, almost a square between the buttocks.

I preferred fallen angels but this is good too

ajigeun jom illeo nae mam gatgin illeo
hajiman deo boyeojullae

I preferred the first story a lot more. The second was too "lol so quirky" for me to like.
That makes a lot more sense and actually improves it for me.

It's a combination of him and the cinematographer Christopher Doyle. Chungking is probably his 'least significant' film. His other films are kind of more nuanced takes on the themes of regret and self doubt. I find his films to be better/comfier if you're familiar with modern Chinese cultural/social quirks, which I tend find out are unnoticed when discussing them with westerners.

Love it to pieces. You should watch Fallen Angels as it's a spiritual sequel. I love both movies, but Fallen Angels has one of the most beautiful endings I've ever seen.

Just about all of Wong Kar-Wai's filmography is fantastic. Definitely watch Days of Being Wild, In the Mood for Love, and 2046, as well.

That's actually pretty heavy. I like it

Make sure to all of you that loved this film to watch Fallen Angels, is pure kino

In the Mood for Love

Watch it

It's fucking incredible

twiceboy~

Amazing film, I've always prefered the sister film, Fallen Angels though.

THAT'S WHAT I DO
CAUSE I'M COOL

KINO
I
N
O

I got the Criterion of this for Christmas. Honestly best gift I've gotten since I was a kid.

Is she the same one who sang 'Eyes on Me' or am I thinking of someone else.

wew

TWICE is trash

>Did you love it? Did you hate it?
Neither. It was just a bunch of stuff that happened, and I witnessed it. Director probably should have decided which of his two movies he wanted to make.

except she literally gives him a plane ticket so that theory goes right in the toilet

Same with every Altman or PTA movie amirite?

YES!

Yep, that's her.

I still can't decide if I like this or Fallen Angels more.

i don't beieve you

This and pic are my favourite

I always found In the Mood for Love to be the weakest of the 5 for some reason. Love it tho.

She's so pretty. Haven't seen the movie though. Is it really long and boring?

This is great. Thanks user.

It's my favorite. Tony Leung is suave as fuck.

Happy Together is Wong Kar-wai's best film, but people don't like to acknowledge that because homophobia.

Definitely one of my favorite movies, although I prefer In the Mood for Love. Wong Kar Wai is a slept-on master.

I guess story wise it's weaker than his other work but it has some top notch aesthetics

Anyone else here love all of wong kar wai's other films but don't really care for chunking express? I feel like i am in the minority here

Same, Fallen angels is vastly superior

The aesthetics didn't do it for me tbehe.

I liked 2046 more. Seemed more personal somehow.

The Hand is also a great short.
>gong li will never give you a handjob

RIP Leslie Cheung