What are the best albums so far in 2018?

We are 1 month into this year, there must be at least a few standouts so far, so where the fuck are they?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V0HCZ4YGqbw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The new No Age is pretty good. Other than that, I've mostly only really liked a bunch of singles from albums that haven't come out yet.

youtube.com/watch?v=V0HCZ4YGqbw

10/10

Technology is the best rock album in over a decade goddamn.

Listening to it right now.

SOTY

I'm diggin the new Jeff Rosenstock
Besides that not much else this year thats gotten be excited. Gonna be lurk in this thread for recs.

there are no good albums since 2016

heh

this but unironically

>lel pitchfork guise
>am I Sup Forums yet
painful hipster shit

what album is this?

I want to fuck her.

>tfw you will never get to pop those qt3.14 latina toes into your mouth

What are you babbling about?

something along the lines of "your tastes are shit and you're yet another wannabe hipster pretending to be a nonconformist just because you decide to listen to some godawful *noise-rock* nobody gives a flying fuck about only because some shitty hipster faggot published a review pretending to be clever making “out of time” jokes — no age is really ageless, got it? got it? — but in reality it's just stinking shit no sane human would realistically listen to" I guess. It was pretty clear from the post, don't you think? I mean, with two meme arrows and three words he expressed all this
I wish I had the gift of brevity

imagine actually getting this mad about someone else liking something

I've been out for a while - how did Sup Forums feel about pic related?

jesus christ user
calm your autism

I wish you had the gift of being neurotypical.

The debut of Shearwater/Okkervil River's Jonathan Meiburg's side project Loma. It is a very typical Shearwater sound before they went full rock. Dark Oscillation is a standout track for me.

I am so fucking pissed off about this. Jon didn't just join Cross Record, he fucking took over. I hope they got paid a lot of money to do this because he completely ruined them. At least from the early singles I heard a couple months ago. The last Shearwater was awesome and the last Cross Record was very awesome. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Personal - Gangrena Gasosa
Objective - John Surman
General - Nerveless by Romano

Dots = 10

I like Shearwater overall but their last 2 1/2 albums were very not-Shearwater. Not to say that Jet Plane & Oxbow, Animal Life, and Fellow Travelers were bad per se, but I got into Shearwater for the albums before these 3, and was a bit disappointed in the new rock direction they are pursuing. I can't give an opinion on Cross Record other than I saw them open for Shearwater in 2016 and the girl had great vocals. But Loma blends the girl's great vocals with the more experimental folk sound of early Shearwater. The album substitutes a lot of the lo fi instruments for a similar electronic sound. I like this new band but hopefully Jonathan continues to make music under the Shearwater moniker.

Rolling

underrated