People hate what they don't understand

People hate what they don't understand.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravitational_time_dilation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What's to get? Maconahaughaughay loved his daughter and used a time travel paradox to save humanity

didn't really get how awful this movie was.

Daughter was a uber qtfu

this line made me walk out of the theatre

If you mean pre-Chastain MURF, I agree

You should've just scoffed and waited for the 12 dimensional bookcase to walk out

>a time travel paradox
aka made up bullshit

DUDE love lmao

>using the pen through paper wormhole example on a fucking astronaut
nolan is a genius

that fucking bookcase was so god damn retarded

The love and family bullshit was all there to keep women interested because the fact that it's sci-fi meant that it already had the male audience from the word 'go'. It's pretty clever.

The only good thing about this movie was the loli

Nolan subverting himself. It's not misery, it's not political, it's love and it's about something bigger than political bickering, it's hope for the better tomorrow.

Great feat from any director to do this, but a blockbuster director completely changing his course narratively is neat.

i saw the phone version it was pretty shit, had to skip a lot of slow ass scenes, and nothing really made much sense anyway

>implying that's not just a simple human being trying to rationalize 5th dimension sheaningans

It was scientifically accurate, too bad you didn't graduate high school

didn't know they taught people that bookcases are in a black hole at school

UH, ACKSHUALLY *snort*

Those got shit once he went from 3 minute reviews to 25 mins

>Those got shit once he went from 3 minute reviews to 25 mins
They were shit from the start

not even trying to defend interstellar but

>cinemasins

sometimes the sin makes sense but others he just sins for the fuck of it
>title crawl
*ding*
like what?

black holes are very mysterious so I am not surprised, basically anything is possible, that's why this movie is so accurate in science, it shows that with the bookshelves

except he never went into the black hole

he had to go in the black hole so he could spy on his daughter (who was millions of light years away) from behind a 12 dimensional bookcase to give her a message via a stuck watch hand using gravity so she could grow up and solve the riddle of gravity and somehow transport billions of people into space colonies before they died of too-much-dust disease. you literally know nothing about science.

except he never went into the black hole

I understood it, i hated it because it was 2001 for dumb dumbs

2001 was a movie for stoned dumb dumbs, what was smart about it?

I didn't say 2001 was smart, only that Interstellar was 2001 for dumb people.

oh ok then, interstellar is dumb as fuck

This, less witty and more drawn out, exhausting explanations and justifications and just sometimes pure ranting

Seeing his old faster videos compared to new ones is really a difference, in the way he speaks and the stuff he leaves out.

Thing is I enjoy watching it for getting glimpses into some films I'm mildly curious about but have no desire to watch and in the case of the Divergence and Maze Runner films I was saved watching some dreadfully awful movies and just saw bits and pieces of them in his videos which was more than enough.

>the fifth element uses love and is considered a classic sci-fi movie
>Nolan does the say
>hurr SCI-FI IS SUPPOSED TO BE HARD AND SMART!! THIS ISN'T STAR TREK

>all these plebs not understanding Love as a reference to God

But this is high school level AP physics. This is straight up proof that anyone praising this are because Nolan took them on an exposition machine ride and gave them babbys first special relativity, time dilation thought experiment

I forgot he hes a hack and shot himself in tne root with cliche.

Fuck you the fifth element is a flick or a movie, like interstellar, we watch films or kino

shit what high school did you go to? we learned all that in 5th grade

Why could they just fly back into orbit with the lander from Miller's planet, which was described as having '130%' of Earth's gravity but to leave Earth itself they needed a multi-stage rocket?

What a special snowflake. I swear Sup Forums is filled with the largest percentage of autist neckbeards on Sup Forums.

Yeah they really fucked up on that part

Someone plays Kerbal.

>you can fly inside black holes, the black hole which had enough mass to hold the solar system in place

Debatable, re-watched his 3 minute Hobbit one and I found the movie was far more riddled with sins than that time frame managed to cover.
I think the 6 to 8 minute area is the sweet spot.
Going into 15 and beyond should be reserved for truly atrocious movies. On that note while I understand appealing to the viewership for those views, I feel they should expand their critique to movies worth criticizing instead of just whatever hot topic bullshit one fanbase wants to see them rip apart to chide another with or bitch themselves about them picking it apart.

I've noticed people leave less catty and more opinionated of the ridicule for movie when they're neutral on it or haven't seen it before. Whenever it's something near and dear to them they turn on the Cinemasin formula even though they're the ones who chose to indulge it.

I don't always agree with their sins, but I rarely find myself compelled to try to convince CS and the festering shitpile that is the comment section about how wrong and dumb everyone is, and misunderstood the genius of a movie was. It's like going to a stand up comedy skit and standing up on a soapbox during the performance to rant about the facts of the topics.

What was the deal with Interstellar meeting his grandma at the end?

IN ENGLISH DOC

>finally see each other after a gazillion years
>only talk for 2 minutes.
>"k, bye"

bravo nolan

>special snowflake
>OP claims people couldnt understand interstellar if they didnt like it

>People hate what they don't understand

I hate the taste of hot wet shit and I understand exactly why.

your status = BTFO

ONLY LOVE CAN TRAVEL THROUGH BLACK HOLES!

>love
Worst part of the film. They had the subject of interstellar travel and humanities survival in their pocket and they still find a way to circle it back to love? The fuck?

I don't really get the hate for this film. It tried to do something new and largely did it well and for that deserves our praise. Go bother a film that plays it safe.

>there are retards that actually believe this

>It tried to do something new and largely did it well and for that deserves our praise.
I'm under no obligation to applaud any novelty in front of me like a newborn and I'll "bother" anything I well choose.

Only thing i dont understand is time dilation.

I can understand that things close to a black hole can SEEM to be not moving because light doesnt escape.

But time moving faster wtf.

YOU EAT HOT WET SHIT FOR BREAKFAST?

AHHHHHHHHHHHH

>what is spacetime

If nolan is so much about love then why does he write characters that seem to only talk to the audience and act as nolans personal stereo without any trace of sexuality or anything human?

This was a trash scene BUT it was only one scene and one irrational character. I think it's been really blown out of proportion, it's just clumsy writing. Nolan does not do dialogue well

CAN YOU LOVE SOMEONE IN ANOTHER COUNTRY?
TRANSCENDS SPACE
CAN YOU LOVE SOMEONE WHOS DEAD?
TRANSCENDS TIME

QED LOVE TRANSCENDS TIME AND SPACE

BRAVO NOLAN

>implying we're capable of perceiving God

I really want to know what Interstellar has that's hard to understand.

well yeah I couldn't understand half of what the actors were saying because the sound mixing was so bad

nice meme

>DUDE HE dIED CRUSHED BY THE BLACK HOLE IT WAS ALL A DREAM LMAO

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravitational_time_dilation

Maybe people misunderstand why the bulk beings used their past selves in the first place instead of doing it all themselves.

Fuck you all, I loved it

>tfw I'm genuinely interested in physics and maybe one day we'll find out what lies beyond the event horizon
Feels good being a better person than everyone ITT, how does it feel? Knowing that I'm better than you?

>Fuck you the fifth element is a flick or a movie, like interstellar, we watch films or kino

I know you're being disingenuous but think of the impressionable ignorants that will carry your fake opinion into the future as their own.
Doesn't that idea bother you?

So! If time goes slower inside a black hole, since apparently if you could see something falling into it, it'd seem to be absolutely still without moving, why is it that Cooper comes out and barely 50 years have passed? It'd be more like a billion years if this movie was actually accurate

becuase love

Because the bulk beings engineered the black hole.

>It tried to do something new
copy 2001?

>bulk beings
What?