What is the most questionable coaching or managing decision?

What is the most questionable coaching or managing decision?

Pic not related
I just remembered how bent out of shaped people got over this

Other urls found in this thread:

nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000429119/Marshawn-Lynch-stuffed-on-fourth-and-one
nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000529371/article/marshawn-lynch-stuffed-as-rams-stun-seahawks-in-ot
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Manchester United vs. Bayern Munich 1999 UCL final
Ottmar Hitzfeld subs out Lothar Matthäus, their most experienced player, and then Bayern defense goes to shit

Shanahan benching Jake Plummer for Cutler.

Not giving the ball to Marshawn

That's only questionable because it got intercepted.
If it's just incomplete no one gives a fuck

Pop pulling out Tim Duncan with less than a minute left in Game 6 before Chris Bosh got an offensive rebound and passed it to Ray Allen for "The Shot" that tied the game when they were about to be eliminated.

This.
Also SF not giving it to Gore vs. the rat birds.
Always
Run
The
Ball
Once
In
The
Red
Zone

There have been plenty of examples of goal line stands because a team kept trying to run it instead of throwing a pass

dennis green waiting for overtime

If you're inside the 3 and it's not 3rd or 4th there's no reason not to try to run it if you have a good RB

No
You want to maximize time and plays

The Bills benching Doug Flutie for Rob Johnson for the AFC Wild Card Game

It blew up in their face so hard that it cursed the franchise

>Only questionable because it was a complete and utter failure
Wow, really catalyzed my cashews there

I said once. You need to have balance everywhere on the field
This
Dumb. You should do what's MOST likely to score unless you have no timeouts left or other mitigating circumstances. And marshawn and gore are two running backs who NEVER get stuffed for a loss. They are ALWAYS good for at least 3 yards.

Except the next year he got stopped on 4th & 1
It's 8 on 7

nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000429119/Marshawn-Lynch-stuffed-on-fourth-and-one
nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000529371/article/marshawn-lynch-stuffed-as-rams-stun-seahawks-in-ot

Marshawn lynch had only scored once in 5 carries from the 1 yard line that year

Also, I think a controversial decisions should be high-risk high-reward plays that are unnecessary.
I didn't know throwing the ball was that

Also no time outs so if he did get stuffed, the game is over. A quick pass meant that they'd get a 2nd play off.

Leave it to refball to not call the PI.

They did have a timeout
However if he gets stuffed, that takes off like at least 6 seconds and then you can't run on 3rd down

I think the shame is that no one really talks about how brilliantly this play is defended
Everyone is thinking it's a Lynch run
No one is thinking Wilson pass
That's why the Seahawks ran this play
The only risk to it was an interception
If it's incomplete but the Seahawks still don't scored no one talks about how stupid that 2nd down play was

If Lynch fumbles it I doubt anyone is wondering why they didn't throw it

They had a timeout.
That's the dumbest thing is losing a close game with timeouts still on the board.
5 times isn't enough touches. And inside the 1 is cherry picked data. How about from inside the 5 or 10?
A red zone pass is one of the most risky plays in football because there isn't very much space a defense has to cover so ints are much more likely there. I'm not saying they don't work, but there are only like 3 QBs who are really consistent with success there, Aaron Rodgers by far being the best at that particular skill.
It was a fantastic defensive play, but also a stale call by bevel which is what gave it away to Malcolm.

The point wasn't that he didn't get into the endzone some or even most of the time
It was that he didn't ALWAYS get in

That particular play they had success with
Picks are used all the time
The college championship was won on a pick play
New England just defended it perfectly

Am I saying that they should have gone with the pick play instead of the run? No
But it's not the worse decision
It just happened to not work out

>The college championship game
So bevel tried to run a college play against bill Belichick...

naw man he's talking about the Clemson Alabama game this past season. They ran the play that the Seahawks did and won the game on it. Butler intercepting it was just a stroke of fortune and a reward for film study. That pick play is very hard to defend and usually a safe call because if the receiver can't make the catch he can usually use his body to prevent an interception.

No, nobody would've wondered that

How come no one ever asks why they didn't call a play-action rollout? Would've been unstoppable senpais

That will never not be enormously satisfying for me to watch.

I was going to say that they shoulda called a version of waggle. It's damn near impossible to defend in the red zone especially if your qb can meme his way in on the run.

Yeah I get it my point is that thinking a play that works in a college championship will work against Belichick in the super bowl is foolish. I would never ever call a slants flats pick em play against Bill inside the five. To pass isn't terrible, to call a play that is easily countered by professional level disciplined cover two zone is. I wouldn't even call that play on Madden against my little brother let alone Belichick in the owl.