Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PqaiKmm8gsY
youtube.com/watch?v=8Tgi-j56ueU&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>5>4>6=R1>1>7>2=3
My judgment isn't clouded by teenage angst and videogame shit

Fair.

> 1>3

4 5 and 6 are really boring only fucking 40+ year olds prefer them.

Memery doesn't equate to something being a good film, neither does "being so bad it's good". 3 was genuinely shit, and I didn't suddenly like Sheev all of a sudden after watching RLM like 99% of the underaged on here.

5>3>4>6>R1>1>2>>>>>Debate me

5 > 4 > 6 > 1 > 3 > 2

R1/TFA are fan fiction/fan service and do not count.

Not him, but everyone knows it's pointless to debate underaged on the internet.

nice b8. Empire is one of the best fucking movies ever.

I'm terrible sorry, Anakin! The Mouse has promised me a spinoff!

This is the one true ranking of the OT, but honestly harsh of TFA and RO. Both - fanfiction though they may be, are /easily/ better than Jedi and the Prequels, also just fanfic masturbation (muh pottery). Each is also more consistently good than A New Hope, also, but I understand not ranking them ahead because of originality etc.

No hate, what do you like about Revenge? It's honestly trash. The only way this is valid imo is if you hate every non-Empire movie (which would be a fair opinion.

close but really it's

5>4>6>1=R1>7>3>2

2 is worse than 3. R1 is not on the level of 6 regardless of 6's shortcomings. R1 and 1 are equal in my eyes because despite all of their shortcomings, most people still say 'But there was that one cool scene...' for both of them.

Why didn't Jizzney throw Hayden a bone? Oh right, because Star Wars is all about some Literally Who dyke now. I wouldn've accepted Kylo being a girl if it meant that Rey didn't exist.

actually, scratch that. 1 has more good scenes than R1 now that I think about it

Revised:
5>4>6>1>R1>7>3>2

1>3
Wasn't a majority of the Phantom Menace just Kid Annie highjinks and slapstick?

5>4>6>R1>3>7>1>2

Phantom is the only one that feels like a Star Wars flick. Most of the badness can be eyerolled away as a kid's film.

Also, there is at least one cool thing (Darth Maul) and not a single cool thing in Revenge. That fight between Obi Wan and Anakin is dogshit. which is offensive, because it could have been GOAT in a good film.

I like the fall off rome undertones and even though Hayden and Portman we're not necessarily the best McGregor, sheev and Yoda were GOAT teir. I know this next point will make me sound like an infant but its an valid point non the less, it has the all the best Lightsaber duels

5 > R1 > 4 > 7 > 6 > 1 > 3 > 2

Don't @ me, fags. 4 isn't as good as you remember. 6 is p bad. Rogue One is actually awesome. 7 only gets downgraded because it's so up 4's ass (while RO actually feels like its own movie in some regard while being generally better than "Only a master of evil, Darth.)

You have unbelievably shit taste.

5> 6> 4> 3> R1> 1> 2> 7

Search your feelings, you know it's true. Also I'm intelligent as fuck so don't even bother replying.

7>6

WHY ???

Jesus fucking christ, you redditor.

The fall of Rome thing is legit, but the politics are so mangled by the other two it's not that good imo. Liking a lightsaber duel in a Star Wars movie isn't infantile: I totally get that honestly. I just don't think the Obi Wan/Anakin fight was any good. FWIW I think 7 is the best dual so far, even if you can't overlook Rey kicking Kylo's ass out of nowhere. It was much more cinematic.

Nice one op.
I think it's funny how Lucas wrote in this "from my point of view the Jedi are evil" bullshit, sort of grasping the basic concept that the bad guy shouldn't just be evil and bad but should have actual motivation. But he doesn't understand that you can't just say that, he needs actual motivation. The jedi are evil, why? Oh right, because he's the bad guy and George Lucas probably took a script writing 101 class or read 'Script Writing For Dummies' or something.

5>4>6>7>R1> the prequels never happened

4,5,7,6,3,R1,2,1

3>1>2>>>>>>>>>>5>6>>>>>>>>>>R1

7 should be a forty minute movie, dude. It's literally a drawn out Jabba palace sequence, a return to Dagobah that amounts to nothing, some really egregious teddy bear sequences. The rebel fleet v. Empire fleet/Death Star is really cool, but it's a rush job (look at the screens around the ships some time). The shit with the emperor/Luke/Vader is classic though. I wouldn't fight anyone that had 6>7, but you're only argument would be "originality" which is a little ridiculous. 7 is a more well-crafted and consistent story.

Nice points, duly considered.

>he thinks Phantom isn't the best prequel

>he thinks A New Hope is better than Empire

W E W

(You)

star wars was never good, at least the prequels are bad enough to be interesting. People who shit on the prequels are shitting on kids movies, the real joke isn't how bad they are, it's that people care so much.

I am so sick of plebs denigrating Return of the Jedi. It's easily the most dense (ha rlm meme shut up faggot) film in the series, it has the most philosophy with the Emperor confrontation, the father son scenes are powerful as fuck, it has the best lightsaber duel in the series, Jabba's palace had impressive practical effects.

> but muh Ewoks
Fuck up cunt, it's a bit of levity and it's harmless.

>doesn't post his own ranking out of fear of criticism
Looks like its you that has shit taste, pussy.

>7,
Wrong

So engaging. So tense. Totally not on par with amateur theatre.

You autists have to explain to me why you rank this heaping pile of shit higher than Return of the Jedi. Is it because it reminds you of your Sup Forumsideogame shit, or because RedLetterMedia suddenly made you realize that you like Sheev all of a sudden? Perhaps you’re just an edgy teenager because le darkest Star Wars movie, or even worse, an adult with the same mindset. Probably a blend of each, this is Sup Forums after all. Both aren’t exactly the best in the saga, but ROTJ is clearly the better of the two. Jedi had more substance, less unnecessary flashy shit, less intended to market toys/videogames, no boringly drawn out lightsaber battles, the dialogue wasn’t as shit as ROTS, wasn’t completely directed in a sterile blue/green screen set, better story execution, less wooden acting, genuine care for the characters, etc. Don’t bother bringing up or comparing other Star Wars movies because this is strictly between ROTJ and ROTS. Being so bad it’s good doesn’t equate to it being a good film. Same rule applies to memes, I don’t need to be reminded that you’re under the age of 18. Reddit is not an argument either before you knee-jerk faggots try to spout where you defected from. The musical score for ROTS was pretty good, I’ll give you that. But that’s pretty much it. Let the anally devastated replies begin, I legit want to know why you rank ROTJ below ROTS.

Even though the Kylo v Rey was shot well my main gripe is that it was over to quickly. Also I personally enjoyed Anikan v Obi but I can see why others may not look upon it favorably. Best duel is Yoda v Sheev in my opinion.

5>4>7>6>R1=3>2>1

5 > 4 > 6 > 3 > 7 > 3.5 > 1 > literal poop > 2

If I saw Transformers as an impressionable kid, I'd like it too.

Anyone that doesn't put 7 as absolute dead last doesn't know shit about movies. It is nothing more than a soulless HD remake of the original trilogy.

I watched these consistently mediocre movies (Except V, genuinely great) for the very first time leading up to Episode VII. Your ranking sucks shit.

V>III>VI>whofuckingcares>VII>IV>I>II

Rogue One was so bland and by the numbers I don't even know where to put it. The sequels at least had some cool worlds, and VII had Kylo Ren, who is a product of writers accidentally making a compelling character. I fully expect them not to realize the potential for depth they have with him and obliterate any potential for character development with the sequel.

>V>III>VI

Meant V>VI>III

>wahhhh your subjective opinion is wrong because it doesn't fit my subjective opinion
We /tumblr/ now. It's true, all of it.

4>1>5>3>2=6=7

Haven't seen Rouge 1

Ill have to disagree on this one. Not to be a rlm fanboi on this ( i think their narrow views on filmaking are childish and overly simplistic ) but they were right about the lightsaber fjghts lacking anything of substance.

They were overchoreographed and unrealistic. Sure the originals werent much better in the realism department but they at least had tension and emotion. It was just too much in the prequels. Even the darth maul one, which was the second best, and the sheev mace fight were lacking the same emotional energy. If you have to go away from a fight scene and come back later something is wrong. The original fights were already unrealisticly long "movie stlye fights" that go on way longer than a real one would. Fully armoured modern day hema guys with blunted weapons still ussually get knocked unconsciouss if they fight for more than 2 minutes. Add lasers that cut through steel like water and it wouldn't likely go past second strike. A 15 minute long sword fight is just excessive. Especially when you are forced to watch one guy stand there and wave his around at nothing while the other guy spins around for some reason.

>had tension

The fuck are you talking about?
Lightsaber fights in the original trilogy were like two kids hitting the air near each other.

>muh emotional fight scenes
You guys are running out of straws to grasp.

CW > 5 > 4 > 3 > 6 > R1 > Rebels > 2 > 1 > 7

There is no other way to rank the canon content.

Original-Trilogy-fags can only spout what they heard from Red Letter Media since they are too young to have actually watched any of the Star Wars movies.

Not an argument

>Didn't read

Tension isn't derived from the fight. It comes from why the fight is happening and what the result will be.

Also i said outright the choreography sucks and they were unrealstic.

I'm just saying the prequel fights were boring and stupid. Which they are. And the only reason people like them was because lightsabers were exciting when you were 10.

Prequels sucked in everyway imagineable. Could have, should have been better. Even the lightsaber fights.

Also who the fuck liked prequel yoda? Fucking stupid. Turned a midget old man space goblin with a cane into a pointless flippy trick ninja. Why? So you could have MORE LE EPIC LIGHTSABE FOIGHTS!!!!!!!!

Fucking stupid.

>tfw 70% of this board has become Anakin
God damn this generation is lost.

Wew lad looks like sombody didn't get the 60th b'day present they were after

How can any movie where you get to watch Hayden Christensen burn alive be shit? That alone brings it up to "alright."

nope it's just called shit taste.

anyone with a brain can't possibly believe that tfa is better than any real star wars film. rogue one is shit but at least decent fan fiction instead of a blatant rip off of lucas' works and creations

5>4>R1>6>7>3>2>1

Nigger TFA is just A New Hope with modern effects. It doesn't deserve ANY accolades.

5, 4, 6, 1, 3, 7, 2

You want an argument about why 3 movies were bad that wasn't already covered in a 5 hour long analysis?
Fine. You win. I can only list 150 things that somebody else has already covered before.
If you want to call me an original trilogy fag... sure whatever. Those weren't that great either though and just because you can say that doesn't mean te prequels were good. Star wars is over rated and i prefer the eu anyway.

>it comes from why the fight is happening
Ep.1:
Nigga just killed Obi-wan's master. Man who was going to be Anakin's saving grace father figure

Ep. 2:
Leader of Seperatist movement who can potentially be thwarted then and there and put an end to the Clone Wars before it all gets started. A war we know leads to the collapse of the Republic and Jedi.

Ep. 3
Anakin just killed the Jedi at the Jedi temple. He killed children. He betrayed everyone who ever cared about him.
Sheev mounts a galactic coup and genocides the Jedi.

Yeah even with that shifting of the goalposts, the Tension in the prequels is just fine.

>fucking stupid
>it sucks in every way
Not only do you regurgitate tired arguments that everyone repeats ad naseum, you unironically think literally every aspect of the prequels sucks which isn't even a realistic position to have. You're pathetic.

I wanted a force fx lightsaber ok!!! All i got was socks from my wife and a blow job from my kids.

attack of the phantom had an alternative scene which removed yoda's fight with dooku, instead he just deflects his force throwing bullshit and protects obi wan and anakin while dooku escapes.

its not much better, but it does a better job of keeping up the "wise old wizard" character yoda was built up to be in the OT and TPM

>6 anything above dead last

I'll never understand this meme

Yeah but Attack of the Clones is literally incoherent. Also the fucking prequels are all A New Hope and Jedi masturbation remakes. So come off it.

New effects, better characters, better acting. No one is saying it's genius. Just a solid blockbuster, which is all any of these movies are. Empire is the only great Star Wars movie

5 > 4 > 6 > 1 > 3 > 2

>shitty fan fiction: rogue one

>even shittier fan fiction that tries to pretend it's real star wars by undoing the events that happened in the original trilogy
>tries to distance itself from the creator despite reusing everything he did and worked on.
>the few original aspects are amateurish and continue to lower the standards set by a series known for having the highest production values in the film industry

don't worry, fellow people who aren't retarded plebs with shit taste and actually understand what made star wars great. eventually we will win the fight against the hivemind of hatred and meme disneyfags

I enjoyed clone wars as a kid
havn't watched it since I was 10 though
did it age well?

For me 7 lost that comfy, campy, space feeling. The prequels story may be poor but it was at least creative and tried to do new things.

>new effects, yet lazily implented and a step down despite having 15 years worth of advancements
doesn't anyone bother to think why lucas' star wars took 3 years to finish production?

>better characters
ren, finn, rey, poe, snoke, maz, bb8. the names alone are shit, kindly fuck off

>better acting
not really, but too bad they are ugly as fuck and offensive to look at anyways

Youre right shouldn't say everything sucks. There are just so many ways it could obviously be better. Lucas phoned them in. On that note.

Episode 1. who cares if qui gon dies or if maul dies. We already saw them fight and know that they are both pretty much equal at flipping around and that maul is dangerous but other than being a lackey there is nothing to go on other than hoping that the bad guy loses. There are no stakes outside this. If obiwan and qui gon died it would be sad but The sucess or failure of thier battle has little relevence to the outcome of the overarching plot which at this time is unfocused on any individual person or goal. Its unclear at this point whose story it is. If we didnt know aniken became darth vader it wouldnt even really matter. It is just "boy those trade guys sure are bad hope that thier boses underling gets killed so that.... they have one.. less guy... in thier army???" The main goal at this point is to inform the government about an illegal invasion taking place so that it can be stopped. Later they accomplish this anyway without the jedi being relevent to the sucess from this point on. If the fight between maul and obiwan ended with obi wan getting killed we would end up with essentially the same ending. Hell even the next two could have been the same. Just with mace windu training aniken instead. We don't know at this point that the council will deny his training. Instead of dooku we would still have maul who would be cemented as more powerful and dangerous. The only reason any of what happens matters is because we know obiwan is importent for something that happens in 40 years. And because of this we know he lives! All tension is gone at this point. If he and qui gon had said. "Everybody run its a sith. And jumped on the escaping ship (like they alrwady did once) it would have made more sense. But. Hey. Its not bad writing. It's new and interesting. Hurrrrrrr.

>doesn't post his own ranking
Why are you so afraid of others seeing your even shittier taste famalam?

Lucas, go to sleep now.

it's
forgot to specify that tfa is the shittier fan fiction

Watch it again on your 18th birthday and maybe then you'll understand.

> About to call you underage
> 2008 was 9 years ago
> You're likely 19 years old

Jesus H Christ, I'm too old to be posting here.

Correct

Episode 5>Episode 4>Episode 6=R1>>>POWER GAP>Episode 7=Episode 3>Episode1>>>SHIT>>Episode 2.

I don't like sand.

> that feel when you are arguing about the merits of a 10 year old spaceman movie on a korean kim chi irc with a teenager.

According to IMDB:

5>4>6>R1=7>3>2>1

2>3>1>5>6>4>7

And I aint even trolling.

Endor was supposed to be Wookie planet but the suits where too expensive so that's how we got the shitty Ewoks.
The first 40 minutes of the movie (Jabba's palace) dragged for too long.

It IS a good movie, it just isn't as good as 5 or 4.

Why is this "prequels were good" meme, still a thing?

Episode VI
>bounty hunter gets jobbed by a blind man
>ewok shit
>no coresant like it was originally planned
>another Death Star plot
>retconing Leia as Luke's sister made no sense and left plot holes
Honestly the only highlight is Jabba's palace and Luke's arc

Episode III
>good fight scene at musafar
>poetic and mythological influences
>Shakespeare imagery
>The corruption of the Jedi and senate
>Sheev being a big bad
The only bad things were Yoda and Grevious fight scenes, the Chewbsca plot hole, and muh younglings

AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHA

>Sheev being a big bad
Anyone with a brain will see this coming in TPM.
>The corruption of the Jedi and senate
They were corrupted for working with the republic, not for trying to kill Sheev, since he was the dark lord of the Sith.
>Shakespeare imagery
Meh.
>poetic and mythological influences
Meh.
>good fight scene at musafar
Shitposting.

Fuck off, retard.

>better than Jedi

youtube.com/watch?v=PqaiKmm8gsY

this scene is ALL jedi needs to be better than TFA/R1

>doesn't anyone bother to think why lucas' star wars took 3 years to finish production?
I can agree on the OT because they really look amazing even today despite being so old.
But the Prequels? Fucking disgusting, specially Episode 3 which looks like a badly animated cartoon.

>ren, finn, rey, poe, snoke, maz, bb8. the names alone are shit, kindly fuck off
Not an argument.

>not really, but too bad they are ugly as fuck and offensive to look at anyways
Not an argument.
The only highlight of acting in the prequels is the god tier acting done by Ewan McGregor.

I am not him, since I have an extreme dislike of TFA, but if you are going to try and shit on the movie, at the very least try and think some arguments.

That's like my number one scene in the Star Wars saga, too bad you have to get through a lot of unnecessary shit to get to that scene. And yes, the Ewoks really undermine the movie.
If only we had the original idea of Wookie Endor it would be a lot better and less silly.

it was the best thing in the movie, but Television level at best. Nothing about rouge one was shot well

FROM MY POINT OF VIEW THE SEQUELS ARE PREQUELS

Kiek

>1 above 7
absolutely BASED

FROM MY POINT OF VIEW THE SAND IS EVIL

I disagree. It's mostly a solid movie, and I think that the reshoots made the movie 100% better.

BTW, this is my ranking.

Why is R1 above the OT? Because at the very least, the movie isn't vomit inducing.
>But that scene is 11 years old!
The "Charge of Rohirrim" in The Return of The King is 13 years old and it had a smaller budget than Revenge.
youtube.com/watch?v=8Tgi-j56ueU&feature=youtu.be

7 is the worst of the lot.

5>4>6>>>TFA>>R1>>>>>>>>>The only real list.