Who unironically wants to see this movie?

who unironically wants to see this movie?
>youtu.be/wQGawWqJdfs
i'm actually happy about hollywood taking risks for once. even if the concept is silly

There is no redeeming factors of this movie

Thumbnail made me think it was a Streetsharks movie, and now I'm sad.

The studio has literally already admitted it's a complete failure and are shuffling it off in January to get it over with.

I'd definitely like to see the source to this.

I thought it looked campy in not the good way and even the commercial felt like it killed my soul a little

no they haven't I saw a trailer for it and posters. they would release straight to dvd if they didn't think it had a chance

>125 million budget

this looks fucking retarded

pls be memeing

It looks like a giant piece of shit.

But it also looks like something I'd like to see on a Saturday morning while in bed recovering from a hangover or dealing with a come down, whereby it's something I would have loved as a child, and I want something with a cozy nostalgia feel, but not actually something old that I've already seen.

Holy shit

major flop incoming

The film has been sitting on the shelf for TWO YEARS.

Paramount said they are claiming a 115 million dollar on it.

It cost 125 million dollars to make.

>Lowering its earnings forecast for the current fiscal fourth quarter, Viacom cited "a programming impairment charge of $115 million" that is "related to the expected performance of an unreleased film," in addition to other factors.

>Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter the movie in question is Monster Trucks, set for release on Jan. 13. The big-budget title has been delayed numerous times after originally being slotted to hit theaters more than a year ago.

breakout hit a la The Fast and Furious

screencap this

>125 mil budget
>filmed in 2014
Holy shit
This is going to hurt

>Lowering its earnings forecast for the current fiscal fourth quarter, Viacom cited "a programming impairment charge of $115 million"

>programming impairment charge

What did they mean by this?

>trailer gives out 80% of the plot
for what purpose?

it didn't get released on time so it broke contract?

WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING

It's for kids
Kids want to be told what they're going to see and then see that

>taking risks

It's just a generic boy and his monster/alien/robot movie though. There were a million of these when E.T. came out.

>no bankable actors
>looks like a SyFy Channel Original
>125 million budget
Seriously, how does something this incompetent happen?

just a reminder that swiss army man had a 3 mil budget

Film studios are all run by 90 year old executives who should have retired 20 years ago.
They have no idea what the fuck's going on and no one has the balls to tell them when they're wrong

There's going to be a renaissance in film in the next 10ish years when all the old fuckers who peaked in the 70s finally die off and new blood can enter the system.
It's either that or the studios fold

that they'd be able to create a franchise and sell monster truck toys and make video games and shit

>Thought this film was going to be something like Eight Legged Freaks
>it's a family film instead

does anyone have the edit where he's driving the car into the twin towers? Its super funny but I can't find it.

Why did the marketing department pick that image as the thumbnail?

Anybody have that 9/11 shop that one guy did?

honestly looks fun as fuck

The next Aquamarine

This movie will be comfy as fuck
cant wait to pirate it

the most elaborate money laundering scheme

I want to see the original special effects from before they shelved the movie for 2 years to redo them after the children in the test audience were left crying in tears and/or running out of the theatre

that must of been some fucked lovecraft shit

Crazy concept but its cool to have something original rather than another sequel/prequel/reboot/soft reboot/capeshit that constantly gets churned out. Its not something I'd watch in theaters, but I'd take my kids if I had any.

I hope it succeeds because the concept is a hard sell I'd imagine, so the script must be at least decent for them to go through with it. Unless of course someone bought the rights to make a movie/franchise based on the Monster Truck toy line and are going to lose them if they don't make a movie so they rush something out.

they reported a hundred million dollar short fall to their shareholders for a yet to be released film, something thats never been done before, specifically for the date this film is released

technobabble for we done goof'd

why didn't they just make a full 3d movie?

the budget would be as big as it is because they had to completely redo the effects

>something original
this is another hasbro toy line you dolt

This looks stupid as hell but I would half-watch it while playing board games

I look forward to the Flophouse episode.

Can we use our first 2017 meme magic to make this movie a blockbuster?

This and would watch drunk on netflix

I will watch this for Jim and Pan

Looks stupid as fuck, but also like something I would have rented on a Saturday afternoon and really enjoyed as a kid.

>pretentious shit where nothing happens has a low budget
wäw lad

wrong, almost all of the executives are in their 50s, if anyone would wish to go back to 70s movies, it would be them

>this was the final film worked on by Jon Polito before his death on September 1, 2016
F

like the office jim and pam?

Interesting...

JUST

I will definitely watch it, I love stupid shit like this when it doesn't take itself too seriously

>january release date
its gonna be shit

why did they have to do that

>Passengers and Monster Trucks are the only original big budget movies of the past season
>Both were so shit they were dumped in January
Looks like we're in for another five years of capeshit.

The original creature design scared the shit out of kids during test screenings.
see

how likely is it just kids being pussy's though I am sure it was not as scary as it sounds

>tfw I was scared of the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park
Kids a shit. Although the monster design on the trailer does look like it was watered down completely, so it doesn't seem too off.

This is the worst thing I've ever seen in my life.

pics of the original monster?

This please it must exist

tfw this could have accidentally been the best horror movie since The Thing

STOP DISSING THE MOVIE!!!
THEY JUST HAD PROBLEMS WITH IN-EAR MONITORS!!!!!! MEANIES!!!!

Jesus!