What does Sup Forums think of built to spill?

what does Sup Forums think of built to spill?

Great band- one of the few cases where paying attention to the lyrics has enhanced my listening experience. You posted their best album, too.

i didn't post keep it like a secret

EVERY THOUSAND YEARS

2nd best

mellow, almost groovy tunes with sometimes great hooks, and writing that can be more gloomy but always poignant and never angst ridden. I've seen them play live a few times before, and they always deliver a killer show. One of the few bands I can say I liked in high school that I still enjoy now.

All around excellent band. Perfect From Now On is a classic

Also really good live. Nothing bad to say about them

Lovely band, but the only secret here, is that this is their best album as well as one of the ten best albums of the 2000’s

I sort of like them. It feels weird listening to a band that just took their whole aesthetic from a single modest mouse album though.

wrong
correct

>took their whole aesthetic from a single modest mouse album though

fucking what dude. built to spill came first

?

Doug and Isaac were both influenced by each other.

kind of yeah but which one?

Yauth to listen to The Halo Benders, along with Caustic Resin for the whole experience.

>kind of yeah
There's a fairly universal agreement (between everyone but Modest Mouse stans) that MM is the one copying BTS, not the other way around. "Influenced by each other" is disingenuous when you start making comparisons and see how one-sided most of the "influence" is.

No treepeople?

You save that for later when you’re desperatly searching for other projects members have been in. Jim Roth is also in...oh shit can’t remember but it’s good shit.

I love them. They're finally coming to my state so i'm trying to convince my brother to come with me to the show. He listened to the top songs on spotify and thinks they sound super 90s or like Weezer (???)

What album should I get him to listen to? I'm thinking Perfect From Now On

fun fact speaking of copying; early death cab copied early bts

Ultimate Alternative Wavers is a good introduction. The BTS/Caustic Resin split is good intro too.

Keep It Like a Secret

this is so good

To be fair all their output is good to great, their live shows are always incredible

>all
nah i honestly find that you in reverse and ancient melodies are rather dull. rest is great tho

There was definitely a shift there when dug let the other guys contribute to the material

Helvetia is the band Jim’s playing in. Jim also builds top notch vintage fuzz pedal clones under the name Jerms. Kinda pricy but he uses best NOS components. Think I paid $500 for his Tonebender mkII, around $350 for his spamcan Fuzz Factory. Check him out.

Caustic Resin is sooo good

eh.

Is there really nothing wrong with love?

they can be a bit too indy at times, but when im blind is one of my fav songs