Tell my why I didn't enjoy this movie and it felt like a chore watching it

Tell my why I didn't enjoy this movie and it felt like a chore watching it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P3gf6qyAHOw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

because youre a faggot plebian who doesnt appreciate bunnyfu

I don't know, maybe you are one of them Chinese people.

It needed more quips and more diversity
Clearly a failure on Disney's part

weren't those two asian gays specifically for china market?

>having Chinese character means that the Chinese will like it.

Did you learn nothing from Warcraft

I think it felt like a chore because Gareth Edwards tried to make it kino by having slower, more organically paced scenes in the beginning. He tendered to linger on some things.

It's too bad...I'm tired of the franchise crap. They need to just invest this kind of effort into making original content.

Because action is mindless entertainment.

And I didn't think the action was anything interesting.

doesn't matter, Chinese are ant people, they are going in a completely different direction from the rest of the world. Black dolls eyes with no soul behind them; truly empty creatures.

I never saw or followed warcraft

ONLY THE FIRST ACT SUCKED 2BH

AFTER THAT IT WAS A PRETTY DECENT WAR MOVIE WITH TONS OF VERY COOL STAR WARS PROPS

THE SLEW OF DEATHS ALL IN A ROW AT THE END WAS BIT HAMFISTED, AND THE OBJECTIVES PLAYED LIKE A VIDEO GAME

STILL LOOKED COOL IN IMAX 3D, GONNA SEE IT AGAIN

Because unlike the movies you typically watch it doesn't pander to 8-year-olds.

>it's another mass produced, clichéd plot having, flat charactered, aassembly-line, PC, innoccuous, harmless, riskless, corporate, made-by-committee, extended toy commercial, idolized by indoctrinated manchildren, Hollywood propaganda, Disney shitfest episode

Look at the recent interviews from the cast. It was cobbled together to check boxes on disney exec's sheets. They filmed multiple versions of 20-30 scenes and reshot later on to make them fit together.

I really wish I could just know how it was supposed to play out. I hate that they do this cobbled mess shit so open and obviously now.

because you wanted it so much to be good, and you were so concerned that the movie would foul up somehow, that you spent the entire movie fact checking and assessing and comparing, and when it was over, it was good, but you were so tired from fact checking and assessing and comparing that you didn't get any joy out of it

just see it again

because you aren't a star wars fan

Name what was good about the movie, other than AT-ATs, spaceships shooting each other, and Darth Vader doing Darth Vader things.

whittaker's character teetering on the edge of madness and his own vader-like dark crusade

Jyn Erso's crying scene was good desu

i don't understand the hate where people say they can't relate to her character. it's only on this board and im pretty sure it's just morons parroting RLM

Because it was a bore for 90% of the time, it has even worse characters than TFA (God have mercy on us all), the space battle makes no sense and 2 minutes of Darth Vader slaughtering people can't redeem 2 hours of absolute trash

If China bans movies with ghosts then how do they allow force ghosts in star wars?

/thread

so... what are the movies that you find not boring

It had the plot of a fan fic with a checklist of shit fans are expecting to see. No real vision to it other than a cool battle scene

nah, disagree

anything with the marvel logo

Probably made sence and then got edited until it tested better by adding in more cgi. Should have just been her. With a family of her own off world. A guy comes with a message from her estranged father. She doesnt want to get involved. Is neutral. He tells her about weapon and thatbhe has had a change of heart. Wants to meet her. She doesnt want to get involved but feels she has to because of danger. Dad doesnt just send her plans right away becuz he wants a reason to get to re connect. Imps find out kill her dad take her prisoner. Same basic movie from that point on. With 3 unimportent action scenes and filler taken out shavig 45 minutes off the running time. Add in some slower paced world building crapm maybe a lotr fotr style opening scene so we connect better with her. She learns where the plans are hidden by espionage after getting dragged into it and finding out the imperials killed her family looking for her after she escaped.

They should pay me to write these things before they go into production.

>delusions of grandeur

OH SHIT WHAT A GREAT POINT

I found it better than TFA at least but that is not saying much. At least in Rogue One I found the later half of the movie to be entertaining. This might be due to all the hype and spoilers so it was harder to enjoy the whole movie.

>other than a cool battle scene

I WENT JUST TO SEE ONE STAR DESTROYER DECAPITATE ANOTHER STAR DESTROYER ON A 100 FOOT SCREEN IN 3D

WORTH THE $25 BUX PER TICKET

I assume you prefer movies that have more of a classic happy adventure feel to them. Swashbuckling and quips.

Fine they should pay somebody else to do the exact same thing that i can do.

Happy?

Because you are an edgy contrarian

The people and the locations.
That slummy looking place where Cassian kills a guy looked really neat, the stormtroopers moving around and asking for peoples identification showed the totalitarian shadow. Looked and felt like a real universe.

Apart from that making no sense from a physics standpoint. Why wouldn't they have a fail safe built into those to prevent that.

Didn't much care for the main character; she was less of a Mary Sue than Rey, no doubt, but it still felt ridiculous when she gave her "rousing" speech to the Rebel council, like why are they listening to her at all?

Black robot guy was a worthless underdeveloped plot device.

The Japanese characters felt horribly out of place, especially the deluded blind guy with his stick and awkward force mantra.

Contrived drama from what's-his-name being sent to kill her father but then not killing her father and then he dies anyway.

Death Star weakness should not have been specified as purposefully built-in and explained to the characters, makes the Rebellion's analysis of the plans in A New Hope redundant.

Darth Vader's involvement, lots of people liked it but it really doesn't work with the way his entrance plays out in A New Hope, and all of his scenes come off as mostly fan service.

I could probably keep nitpicking but I'd have to see it again to actually make points. I felt the same way watching it, like it was a chore.

Rogue One wasn't that dark. All of the characters die relatively quick, painless deaths, especially considering that people call it a war movie. There are no scenes like that soldier in Saving Private Ryan with his guts hanging out, begging for momma.

joyless cunt

because such a failsafe would take away power from the main engines, shields, and weaponry. And when you have 25000 star destroyers in the navy losing two would be acceptable loses

The people who like it are all on the autism spectrum, aka they delve dickdeep into the books and shows and other bullshit "lore"

The MOVIE was garbage, The idea is cool. Donnie Yen was cool (he has no character name). The robot wasnt bad. The Vader scene was awesome, but unbelievably short.

This movie was worse than Hobbit 3. And Hobbit 3 was a turd that fed on other turds to become one turdasaurus turd

As much as I'd love to see Star Wars really go that dark, it'll never happen.

THERE ARE AT LEAST 20 REASONS WHY THAT SHOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED

LIKE ENGINES DISABLED DOESN'T MEAN GUNS DISABLED TO BLAST THAT LITTLE HAMMERHEAD SHITTER IN THE FACE

BUT IT STILL LOOKED FUCKIN DANK

I don't wanna see you

Yes, maybe if I was a happier person this movie's problems would magically disappear and I could just bask contentedly in the glory of CGI explosions

Yeah actually, that's true.

>tfw this whole scene did nothing for me.
I'm pretty sure the space battles were always my least favorite part as a kid but shit I was disappointed in my pretentiousness.

she looks like an ugly child standing next to someone who's actually attractive

>tiny ass rebel ships wreck big space destroyers after two shots

Rebels should have won that war in like two months with that tech, jesus christ

Who has the hallway scene?

>wanting to be a normie

I went into RO with apprehension. My milfag buddy was in town and wanted to see it.

The first act had pacing issues but overall I loved the movie. It felt much closer to the original trilogy than anything SW I've seen since. I didn't hate TFA but I did not like it nearly as much as RO and the thought that someone can actually criticize RO for "pandering" and "fan service" while giving lip service to TFA is bizarre to me.

>criticize RO for "pandering" and "fan service" while giving lip service to TFA is bizarre to me.

this exactly, both are nostalgia pandering pieces of shit, it's literally impossible to like one and dislike the other.

I like r1 and hate 7

Exactly. How many Orcs went to see it? Zero. Identity fags BTFO.

no it isn't.

If only the entire movie was about Donnie Yen beating up everyone.

Who the hell is Jyn?

BECAUSE TFA JUST REHASHES ANH BUT WITH A GURLLLLPOWER LEAD INSTEAD OF LUKE

ROGUE ONE AT LEAST DOES SOMETHING DIFFERENT, BY THE NUMBERS BY COMMITTEE CYNICAL TOY COMMERCIAL LIKE ALL DISNEY STARWARS, BUT NOT A STRAIGHT REHASH OF AN EXISTING MOVIE

SOME DUMB GIRL, ITS 2017 ITS GIRLS TIME TO LEAD THINGS

JUST LIKE HILLARY :^)

>it's literally impossible to like one and dislike the other.
I think you can, but it's not an issue of nostalgia.

In TFA several planets are destroyed and then they go on to make jokes, while R1 is more gloomy throughout.
If you are very opposed to tragedy r1 may not be easy to like for you, while tfa can hit right home.

>has an attention span incapable of learning the main character's name
>criticizes film for not having relateable characters

This

It's like the main characters are 12 and have no concept of death.
> who's in charge now phasma!?!
> who's in charge?

The visual material in the movie was fantastic, though of course we all lose because J.J. didn't want to shoot the new wing of the franchise in optical 3D. Imax or no, it has the poor 3D of yesteryear.

But

Tarkin is easily the best looking digitized actor in a movie to date.

It's timed perfectly, attempting to keep the older SW audience invested in the newer franchise with throwbacks galore. (and then Fisher died)

Plus the fresh direction, aesthetics, and even music, help keep a movie that could easily seem, "dated" or, "out of ideas," feeling new and different.

Plus, I think every SW fan in the country jizzed themselves with Vader's appearance at the end.

If the character is easily replaceable by cardboard cutout without anyone realizing, why the fuck should I remember their names.

Yes, it is.

This

I know she's a meme but /our girl/ pretty succinctly put into words everything wrong with the movie

youtube.com/watch?v=P3gf6qyAHOw

do you fucking manchildren seriously argue over whether it's a good film or not? Because that question shouldn't even come up to the above 90+ IQ individual. It's fucking capeshit. It's garbage drivel designed to make a quick buck from the hordes of idiots who worship a make-believe little fantasy world run by a billion-dollar franchise with artistic vision, no integrity, no respect for its customers, no respect for its own property.

FYI I love Star Wars (the original trilogy). If you are one too you wouldn't support the continued public rape of this franchise. I was dragged to the theatre against my will.

>I was dragged to the theatre against my will.
What a beta

This guy understands art, boys. We should all kill ourselves.

tl;dw: none of the characters have any real personality or developmental arc, thus cheapening the rest of the plot and action sequences.

>Death Star weakness should not have been specified as purposefully built-in and explained to the characters, makes the Rebellion's analysis of the plans in A New Hope redundant.

It also makes Luke's journey and ultimate accomplishment feel less earned. He had to use the force by not utilizing his targeting visor but apparently it was a planned weakness that any old Rebel pilot could have taken advantage of - he just got lucky.

>wow darth vader slaughtering worthless rebels for literally no reason and it isn't needed within the context of the movie
>so cool!
out

ridiculously hamfisted script that would offend even children

Of course. Anyone standing next to bunnyfu will look buttfuck ugly. They just cant compete.

>see vaders real potential which is under utilized in the OT
>scene directly leads into the opening scene of ANH

>any scene in any of the movies that isn't 100% necessary to the plot and serves as context and exposition is not ok
Star Wars has always been a bit dumb and fan servicey. You guys are so eager to strip the fun out of guilty pleasure movies because you want to pretend they've always been some high art kino shit.