What makes this album Sup Forumscore? Not that I don't think it should be, I'm just curious on Sup Forums's thoughts

What makes this album Sup Forumscore? Not that I don't think it should be, I'm just curious on Sup Forums's thoughts.

Cus Sup Forums wouldn't shut up about it when it came out

because people talk about it often
that's the definition of Sup Forumscore

Because it would be a pinnacle of humanity if this album was deleted off the face of the Earth. Ironic how Sup Forums shuns normies for their shit taste in music, yet gravitates and worships the most normie rapper of all time. I just find it so disenchanting how since the entire inception of this site, people have criticized bands, musicians and artists for being terrible, derivative and "normie garbage" and shunned other people who were so passionate about their favorite bands as retards with shit taste. But when Kanye, a barely above average rapper makes some maximalist gimmick album, Sup Forumstants fawn over Kanye's mediocre lyrics splattered over 90 ocarinas of elegies and violent violins that penetrate the snails living in the roofs of my ears. Why does Sup Forums even care about such a terrible artist?

lol is this pasta

You had to be here when it came out. Here's a timeline of what happened. Also consider that hip-hop barely got any discussion before this came out, so it's important in that way too.

>album leaks about 2-3 weeks before release
>people here are already going crazy, 1/4 of the catalog is this album for the 3 weeks
>it releases. pitchfork gives it a 10, something they never do
>board explodes, now at least half the catalog is this album for next 2+ months
>album is elevated to tier 1 Sup Forumscore, nothing to be debated, biggest splash on Sup Forums ever. meme golden age ensues
>there are even newspaper headlines comparing Kanye to Mozart
>that faggot fantano, who came from here, makes his name by giving the album a 6/10. people still give him shit for this.

TL:DR, you had to be here

It's pretty good.

Kanye West is/was /ourguy/

>makes his name by giving the album a 6/10
In hindsight, was he right?

No but he's very smart. He wasn't a big name at this time, only on Sup Forums because he shilled here. He knew that it was a 10 but he can't just dickride the Fork. He got a lot of attention for giving it a 6. He does this often you know, you don't become the biggest music critic by not being clever.

It's an album that Sup Forumstants think newfags should listen to before expressing opinions here.

People always say this shit yet I've never seen any screenshots when this happened.

Yeah, all the oldfags are in a discord making up stories about how Sup Forums was 8 years ago. Fuck off newfag.

>Sup Forums was hyped as shit before it leaked
>Sup Forums exploded when it leaked
>it got the first and only 10.0 BNM from pitchfork for this decade
>became certified Sup Forumscore

All i want is archive you fag.
Literally none of you fucks have provided anything besides
>Oh muh Sup Forums blew ups lmoa

2010 was 8 years ago, I have switched computers twice and installed new operating systems a few times as well

MBDTF is the first pleb filter that you encounter on Sup Forums. Normies only like pre-MBDTF Kanye and 808s Kanye.

It's the album that sent Sup Forums passed the point of no return.

You're kidding, right? I work at a record store, and we sell MBDTF all the fucking time, usually to teenagers. We sell it almost as much as Dark Side Of The Moon, if not more. It's that popular. You're not special or different from the "normies" for listening to Kanye West.

Also the first single POWER, which came out months before the album, featured a sample of King Crimson from another tier 1 Sup Forumscore album. That was definitely a factor.

Archive doesn't go back that far. If all the oldfags tell you the same story, they're probably telling you the truth. What the fuck do we have the profit by lying about the state of the music section of a Burmese cat-breeding forum? When your dad or friend tells you a story, do you say, "excuse me but unless you have some photographs from that day I'm going to have to call bullshit. The only reason I can see for you not wanting to believe Kanye caused the biggest splash in Sup Forums history is because you hate hip-hop. Am I close?

I've never said anybody was lying. I literally just want to see some screenshots and shit. Literally is good enough.

>Why isn't everyone who experiences hype also a Sup Forums historian

I recall that Niggas on the Moon and Jenny Death were pretty hype here, but I didn't go saving screenshots and threads to elucidate a bunch of newfags 4 years down the road.

This. It literally ruined this board, almost singlehandedly.

I've seen more meme screenshots of Jenny Death than MBDTF.
You're really stupid. Go back to sleep.

MBDTF was 5 years prior. People get new computers, delete things, never take screenshots in the first place because of this post

Mate, you haven't even been here long enough to remember Jenny Death? You had to rely on screenshots? How fucking new are you???

we like to listen to what your average black listens to so that we feel solidarity with them

And here we are, STILL participating in this thread. It's been going on for years now. Maybe there's just something about this album.

Oldfags are just stupid people.
Okay.

Is MBDTF the Dark Knight Rises of Sup Forums ?

Do me a favour kid and deactivate your Sup Forums account

First week here? Shouldn't you be asleep? You have school tomorrow.

Not feeling the solidarity bruh
>t. mutt who marks african american on applications and looks like a less handsome Lenny Kravitz :/

>People purchasing music at a record store
>Quintessential normies
I dunno man, at uni it was mostly contemporary pop singles, EDM, or dadrock that people were into.

I remember people when it came out already proclaiming it AOTD, saying we would have to wait through 9 years without a challenger. I wonder if that will actually be the case.

As a half black American would you say your average black listener likes Kanye West's album My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy?

You know vinyl sales are at a 25-year high and continuing to rise, right? Normies buy vinyl records now, and play them on their shitty Crosley turntables. Its not a niche thing anymore. Get over it.

It looks that way to me.
Some people will argue TMS, Swans, or Kendrick Lamar are viable contenders.

to be fair 2010 is like antiquity as far as Sup Forums is concerned, finding things from back then can be tough
but I can assure you, MBDTF dethroned ITAOTS and MPP as the spammed meme albums at that time

>implying Kanye isn't contemporary pop
Come on, mate. He's a literal top 40 artist. Don't kid yourself.

Which Kendrick record? TBAP and GKMC seem equally popular. For me, it's TBAP

>thinking literally any of these artists are contenders for album of the decade
Imagine the amount of Pitchfork cock you would have to shove in your ass and mouth all day to actually believe something like this.

is this anthony fantano

I still think shitty spotify playlists hold a vastly larger market share when it comes to music listening.

I'm sure Kanye is one of the most played artists, regardless. He's top 40 normie-tier.

Back in 2010
>Many People still listen to MBDTF in 2018
>Many People even listen to TLOP in 2018
I wouldn't kid myself that hard

Honestly no. Of course if you play Runaway or Power heads will turn but I don't think this album was THAT popular in my area. It came out when I was in middle school though so take that as you will. This album is a big meme to me though; I can appreciate it's cohesiveness,features, etc. but this isn't even close to my favorite of his (not like his disco is huge but you get me). Perhaps I haven't listened to too much music yet but I revisit TLOP and LR way more than I do OP's pic.
>t. former Kanye stan

Just about every song on it is solid and has colorful/funny/poignant/clever lyrics. Kanye also makes interesting points about the nature of fame and power. Many people consider it to be a bold artistic statement for these reasons.

because it's been fucking spammed on this board since the day it came out

>implying these artists WON'T be mentioned in ATOD discussion

The heck are you still here for? You won't change the fact that if I sample my peers few would list Kanye as a favorite artist or name MBDTF as even a top 10 best album. While on Sup Forums there is always a Kanye dickrider around the corner.

You had to be there, you couldn't escape the damn album on this board for months. That said, holy fuck it's been over 7 years since MBDTF happened.

Potent brainwashing surrounds this album and Kanye.

It took a while for a good post to show up
lul

>Normies only like pre-MBDTF Kanye and 808s Kanye

808's was, by far, the most divisive Kanye album when it came out. Its influence took a bit of time to make itself known but back in late 2008 it was anything but a normalfag album, especially coming a mere year after the wall to wall banger album that was Graduation. SOME people thought it was brilliant on release but in reality it was polarizing as hell, far more so then than it is now.

I'm sure they'll be mentioned by people who literally only listen to the radio and watch the Grammys, because they're all surface-level trash, but no real music fan would dare call any of them "album of the decade."
I would laugh right in your face if you said that to me in person.

More divisive than Yeezus? Not bait genuinely curious because I wasn't a fan when 808s was released.

Well, there is the whole aspect of it being one big manic depressive episode, a war between the man and the caricature he built up, and by far his most coherent and skillful execution of that theme. But you also can't deny that this album got memed into godhood status on Sup Forums, that simply is what happened.

Yeezus was 5 years after 808s and I very clearly stated "when it came out". His last 2 have been still more divisive but 808's was arguably the first time he really rocked the boat. No one Love Lockdown coming when he dropped it and a lot of people didn't know how to feel about it. This is back in 2008, user.

After some reflection I'd say those whom I refer to as "normies" will always like the top singles from any album, but few really listen to albums as a whole.

*No one saw Love Lockdown coming

>Listen to radio and watch the Grammys
>Swans
>Death Grips

K bud.

What are your AOTD inklings then?

There will always be a Kanye Fag and a Kanye Hater to reply to these threads.

Pitchfork gave it a 10

>he thinks Swans and Death Grips are obscure
Dear god, how fucking plebian can you be? Do you ever get off Sup Forums and go outside? Everybody has heard of them.

>believing that a single album can be the best album released in a ten year period
Fucking insane. That's absolutely insane. The only reason terms like "album of the decade" exist is so Pitchfork can write articles and Fantano can make list videos and get that sweet ad revenue. Do you know how much music is released every year, let alone every decade, that you never even hear about? Attempting to choose a "best" album is retarded.

can you do me a favor and get a trip so I can filter you?

>He thinks Album of the Decade discussion is solely about musical merit
Jeeze get some perspective

:^)

>he thinks it's about cultural relevance
>he still cares
>he hasn't removed himself from the popular culture yet
Have fun being a literal plebian.

This is the real reason

Swans were never THAT big. Bigger than they ever expected to be, yes, but I wouldn't say they're selling out stadiums or topping charts or anything of the sort.