Is this the best pop album of the decade?

Is this the best pop album of the decade?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JI5noh4OyXc
youtube.com/watch?v=vhHYDFc4Rck
youtube.com/watch?v=3T0NqvdUiWI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Unironically yes

pretty much

yes

>best album of the decade is worst dp album
What a sad decade.

Great Pick, I guess

>contrarians and/or tweens who just discovered house yesterday actually believe this

The other way around, I was old enough to not be amazed by RAM when it came out since I wasn't 12 at the time like majority of Sup Forums.

>worst dp album
no

This.
Discovery > Homework > RAM > HAA

Homework is their worst release.

no

RAM has Get Lucky. It's still their worst album.

The worst track on RAM is Lose Yourself to Dance, though.

Unfortunately no one was able to top this. Which is sad because with some of the budgets big artists get it shouldn't be that hard.

On the flip side it did help kill EDM which I'm eternally thankful for

Imagine being this contrarian.

That's pretty bad too. The album in general only has a handful of tracks that live up to DP's name, but it's still their worst.
I know I'm not the only one. I have a friend who is a huge Ed Bangers nerd and buys every single vinyl they release. The only release he didn't mind not getting was the Get Lucky single, it's that bad.

it could be this

>hating Get Lucky

What's the best track and why is it Giorgio by Moroder?

i genuinely cannot stand this album. what's the hype?

I admit, I hated it since the first time I listened to it. Not even because it got overplayed. I think it's a bad song for real. It doesn't even sound like Daft Punk to me.
Agreed. Either that or Motherboard.

Best track is Fragments of Time followed by Motherboard

Best track:
youtube.com/watch?v=JI5noh4OyXc

Unironically one of the best album closers of all time.

friendly reminder that RAM had a japanese bonus track

youtube.com/watch?v=vhHYDFc4Rck

Why did this album make funk mainstream and not Justice?

This is not a pop album

What are some newer mainstream funk? I only know Calvin Harris Funk Wav, Bruno Mars 24k Magic, and bits of The Weeknd.

there seems to have been sort of a resurgence of "retro", "funk" sounds, Bruno Mars, Calvin Harris, Nick Jonas, Charlie Puth.
Most of it's shit but strong funk basslines are in a lot of modern pop hits.

this
my other favorites are touch, contact, instant crush, and motherboard
i really wish this had been on the album in places other than japan, it's beautiful

In what way was Justice not mainstream?

Daft Punk isn't Ed Banger

We need more funk and we need it now, we need to get rid of this pop shit and replace it with the funk

Did I miss the resurgence or is it still coming?

Just re-listened to it this morning to double check.

Loved it when it released years ago; holds up.

>all you fucks saying its dp's worst record need to gtfo

I really dislike this album. It felt like Daft Punk just sold out. I know their old songs are popular but this one was pushed down every ones throat.

Justice is really mainstream. every girl who goes clubbing knows Justice.

>pop thread
>ctrl + f
>not talking about the ultimate pop album with the real fucking waifu

this good or fantano faggotry?

This x100
Only good track on RAM is Instant Crush

>Not Homework > Discovery > RAM > HAA
Shiggy diggy do

>Alive 2017 didn't happen
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

it's actually a ver well made album, I can confirm that it's one of the best pop albums of all the time.
Also, how the fuck a person in his sane criterion can't love this qt

>3dpd
>qt

I'm never gonna get over it

Haha they're going to do Alive 2017+1, right? Right? RIGHT?

this is now a carly rae jepsen appreciation thread

I agree

Post feet.

Touch. Based Paul Williams.

This is the best pop album of the decade

2nd best pop album of the decade
Okay, not even best that year though.

I agree. Mother board and Instant crush are runner ups in my book.

Are you a reverend, because you're preaching the truth.

Pleb city ITT
How's the autism?

Why is this track so underrated, lads?
youtube.com/watch?v=3T0NqvdUiWI

Alive 2007 > Discovery > Homework > Alive 1997 > Random Access Memories > Human After All

Homework is excellent, you triple nigger.

tweakable but generally correct; RAM is fucking awful, just listen to an actual chic album you retards

Half of Human After All makes me angry. It just feels squandered.

they circle-jerked into a tube amp and the one song that managed anything halfway decent was the one built on a sample

STICK WITH WHAT YOU FUCKING KNOW

Discovery - 10/10
Alive 2007 - 9.5/10
RAM - 9.25/10
Homework 8/10
Human After All 7.5/10 (underrated desu)

Robot Rock is an absolute banger.

no, but this is

Most of the songs in Human After All are only tolerable in Alive 2007 when they were mixed with something better.

Truth
They're certainly better, I won't deny that.
But I think HAA is much closer stylistically to homework than their other albums.

The same level of repetition is prevalent on both.

>If you don't like the very shallow and shitty Get Lucky, then you have autism!
And then you guys get mad when people say Sup Forums has one of the youngest userbases

>This song is shitty and shallow and I'm not going to justify my opinion because I think music is objective

Get Lucky is pretty good, though. Not the best track on the album but still enjoyable.

Hating Get Lucky is underage though, when you're older you'll see it as the fun harmless dance song it is and get over it. That is assuming you don't actually have autism.

>he actually likes Get Lucky
It's not pretty good, it's DP's worst track. Ever. Try to find a worse song by them.
I don't even hate it, I'm just saying it's the lowest point DP has ever been.
If it was just a Justing Timberlake song or whatever, I wouldn't even mind it.
But being Daft Punk, I do care.
Around The World is a fun harmless dance song. Get Lucky is a dumbed down pop song that shouldn't be part of DP's repertoire.

Get Lucky > Around the world
And I like AtW a lot.

Also their worst song is technologic

>Try to find a worse song by them.
Game of Love, Within and Lose Yourself to Dance.

>Also their worst song is technologic

>Get Lucky > Around the world

>Try to find a worse song by them

Almost everything on Human After All