ITT: jokes you never understood

ITT: jokes you never understood

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RxQQH75Znfk
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CowTools
mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/loadFeature/3911/...
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Literally chuck's fuck and suck, ok, that's it.

That's too high brow for me

i'm not sure i get it

Never saw that episode but that's pretty funny

Wouldn't it be chucks feed and seed?
whats funny about that

Why would it be that? It should be Chuck's Feed & Seed. They changed the name not the business.

sn-eed f-eed s-eed
ch-uck f-uck s-uck

see the pattern?

Actually I should be just "Chuck's". Why would they only quote part of the previous name?

ITT: Threads you've seen a million times

"Sneed's (Sneed is) Feed and Seed" makes sense
"Chuck's (Chuck is)" doesn't and sounds retarded

no

you're doing god's work, user

possessive apostrophe

why, my peenus weanus of course :)

i hate these threads

You're a fucking idiot

Kek

What did they mean by that????

wow, an actual explanation

incontinentia buttocks, and most of the puns in the Castle Anthrax

How did you pass elementary school?

Explain to me how "Chuck is Fuck and Suck" makes sense as a joke. It's (it is) not clever it's (it is) stupid

actually according to the sign the previous store was just called "Chuck's"

gas yourselves

incontinentia means the inability to stop pissing and shitting yourself. Incontinentia buttocks means ass that cant stop shitting.

>see the pattern?
No.

Why would it be something so lewd in a children's show? You explanation makes no sense.

Not sure if troll or just stupid.

I was wondering if you'd:

a) Acknowledge your fuck up in silence and leave the thread
b) Act like you were only pretending to be retarded
c) Start insulting/shitposting

I was betting on c, you didn't disappoint.

this

shit makes no sense, it would be Chuck's Feed and Seed, it only changed ownership

>Chuck's Fuck and Suck
I realize what they were going for but this is such a stretch

She was the wife of Biggus Dickus.
That's why she was Incontentia Buttocks. He fucked her in the ass, and she couldn't control herself.

youtube.com/watch?v=RxQQH75Znfk

i don't get it, why didn't they do plucky's name

You guys are reading it wrong, it means it was formerly called "Sneed's Chuck's", pretty fucking clear, you retards

That wasn't (was not) me you dickhead. I'm (I am) failing to see how this is a real joke. It's (it is) not a play on words.

Chuck is? dumb
Fuck and Suck? nonsense

Why is your first instinct that it's "fuck and suck"

According to your logic here the following two words could be anything that rhymes with Chuck

It could be "Chuck's Duck and Cluck"

>thread of people pretending to ironically misunderstand a joke to annoy other people who also understand the same joke
>this is at least the THIRD time the same exact thread has happened
I can't say this is the lowest Sup Forums has ever gotten but it's pretty low.

>THIRD time
lol this thread is posted at least 3 times per day on Sup Forums

You keep the first letter of the second and third word, F and S in this case.

There was no joke. The store is Sneed's Feed & Seed an some guy named Chuck used to own it. That's it.
The "Formerly Chuck's" gives it backstory and depth but that's all it is. No joke.

Neck yourselves.

This comic is too deep for Sup Forums.

I used to own this on tape. God, I bought any fucking thing when I was a kid

>thing thing with a protruding thing branch-looking thing shitty looking saw
definitely too deep

>this is at least the THIRD time the same exact thread has happened

How new are you?

Why would you

What about the sign implies that letters F and S can't be changed? If F and S were painted different or embroidered or made so that for some reason Sneed could not remove them I would get your point but otherwise it seems completely arbitrary

how kafkaesque

wtf i hate farms now

Irony Level -1: Not understanding the joke
Irony Level 0: Understanding the joke
Irony Level 1: Pretending to not understand the joke
Irony Level 2: Pretending to be mad at people who understand the joke

i actually don't get it

Yes but at the same time it still is a logical pattern.

It's a reference to this comic.

stop trolling us moot

The joke is that it is completely and utterly absurd for a cow to have tools. Cows don't have opposable thumbs, after all

You actually do get it then.

Wrong

"...Gary Larson would later say that it was the strip he'd gotten the most inquiries about, as people tried in vain to figure out what the hell they were for, when in fact Larson hadn't meant them to be anything but strange. Larson later said that he regretted having made one of the tools look vaguely like a saw, thus implying the rest had real-world counterparts. He got the idea from the (now discredited) anthropology theory that what separated humans from animals was using tools, and then wondered what it would be like if cows did have tools. He thinks his biggest mistake was thinking this was funny—which it was, but for different reasons than what he intended."
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CowTools

"Larson has said that the inspiration behind the cartoon was hearing the statement in college that man could be defined as "the only animal that made and shaped tools". Having a weird fascination with cows, he later wondered what kind of tools a cow would make, and came up with the published cartoon. Larson has also said that his first mistake with Cow Tools was thinking that it was funny. The second was that he made one of the tools look like a hand saw.

People lost their minds ... well as much as you can lose your mind over a cartoon. Larson's publisher was inundated with requests about the cartoon. What did it "mean"? Why would a cow make a saw? What's the saw for? What are the other tools for? What kind of political statement was Larson trying to make with Cow Tools? etc. People formed organizations to discuss Cow Tools. Ultimately, the press surrounding Cow Tools turned Larson from a semi-struggling cartoonist into a massively syndicated brand. Good for him.
mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/loadFeature/3911/...

>children's show
There's plenty of adult stuff in The Simpsons, it's just not necessarily explicit.

that's actually new to me, thank you

I've always disliked the fact that one looked like a saw as well but now that I think about it, it seems like it might have been the reason the picture became so popular and confusing in the first place.
If all the tools were just weird shapes people would probably just assume what he indended and move on.

He writes about the irony that the confusion of cow tools is what cause his popularity to skyrocket. If he'd drawn the comic correctly he might never have been famous.

Woah.

>A few of his cartoons were controversial simply because they were hard to understand. A particular example was "Cow tools," which depicts a cow standing by a table on which rest four oddly shaped objects. Larson had found it funny that cows would be really bad at toolmaking. His mistake was making one of the tools resemble a saw, as it led people to believe they had to identify the other tools to understand some kind of deeper meaning. "'Off days' are a part of life," he writes, "whether you're a cartoonist, a neurosurgeon, or an air-traffic controller."

ITT: retards pretending to be slightly more retarded than they actually are

kinda makes me want to punch him