Who here excited for STD?

Who here excited for STD?

Now that Bryan Fuller walked off like a manchild, the remaining writers are free to create this show which will focus less on scifi and more on interpersonal relationships as we follow the journey of a woman as she discovers herself and the galaxy!!!!

they should of rebooted seaquest dsv

The doctor will wear hijab. I'd bet money on it.

STD is a star trek series.

>follow the journey of a woman as she discovers her place in the galaxy

fify

this going to be on a proprietary subscription service right?

honestly they should have let HBO do a grimdark series on a section 31 agent with a trelium d addiction

just play STAR TREK: ONLINE for the full post Voyager/Nemesis/ENT-Temporal-Cold-War plot
its really good actually, comfy space battles and 100% canon

too many people expect a comfy adventure. Look what happened when they went off the rails on Stargate Universe. People dropped it, even though the show by itself was quite good it was just too different from the formula.

that sounds awful

It can be the secret story of how Section 31 invented the Federation as the perfect cover for their fascist security state.

>sto on console
lmaoing at your life son

game is good though

Is this actually good? I remember reading something that the only thing in it relating to the trek universe were the names and designs.

>should of
Typical DSV fan

>honestly they should have let HBO
You're not bring honest. You bring up HBO because they pay you to.

>Look what happened when they went off the rails on Stargate Universe. People dropped it, even though the show by itself was quite good it was just too different from the formula.

No it wasn't. It had an interesting premise, but:

Alll characters were unlikeable, annoying and/or badly written

The story was a mess of episodes and themes copy-pasted from previous shows and BSG

The writers kept making retarded decisions, like resetting the story after anything major happened. Because of some freak events, now we have two Telfords? Of course one of them is getting killed in 15 minutes. We now have a group of LA soldiers which may or may not cause problems in the future? Jk all of them but one die in the next episode. Also, those fucking magic communication stones. Are our heroes stranded on the other side of the universe on an old rusted ship? We totally need to see them visit Earth and fuck their loved ones while being in other people's bodies

I'm not saying it didn't start out shit (constant pleas to emotion were retarded), but it ended up evening out and being pretty decent. Still very far from the Stargate formula, but pretty good.

I have no hope to offer.

>STD
If the title alone wasn't enough of a warning...

The quality did start to improve in S2. Shame it was cancelled, maybe it would get actually good.

Still, I didn't like how uncreative the writers were. The ship is on the other side of the universe, and you can come up with literally anything - they've come up with a human civilization...

>Sexually Transmitted Disease
>All Trekkies are perma-virgins who will never catch one

its like poetry

What? Why did Fuller leave? This is actually a scary thing to think about. This show feels doomed already.

Looking forward to the show trying to explain that humans have evolved beyond religion yet their officers still wear religious clothing

She's from a race of muslims that moved to their own planet to keep practicing islam while earth moved to secularism.

>while earth moved to secularism.
what a funny way to say they nuked the middle east, probably during the Q's courtroom period

>Have a programme about outer space
>Focus on the humans instead

Every fucking time

How are JMS and Gene Roddenberry the only people to have ever got space sci-fi.

I hate prequels. It's a step backwards which screams "FANSERVICE AHEAD"

>so in this episode we met this strange species called the Klingons, I have a feeling this isn't the last time we interract, wink wink
>OMG IM A TREKKIE AND I GET THAT

>here's a character who has the same name as an actor that was in Star Trek but died
>OMG IM A TREKKIE AND I RECOGNIZE THAT NAME! SUCH TRIBUTE, RIP.

>a famous Star Trek character appears as a teenager, or a kid, or an infant, or his parents
>OMG
etc etc.
Prequels are a fanservice by definition.

Yuck.

Should have gone with a show set in the Romulan war. Bring back some of the comfort stuff from ENT (Commander Shran), include the better aspects of VOY (ship with limited amounts of supplies against immense odds). Give me more TOS style aliens that act as fantastical metaphors. Challenge the ideals of the crew by giving aliens different, but valid motivation.

More non-humanoid aliens done with puppets or animatronics ala Farscape.

As a nod to diversity make the Captain a Chinese or something I guess. But he only fucks vagina or space vagina.

>Black lead
>Female
>Not a Captain
>Gays in the show
>Muslims in the show

They decided all that before even writing a script. So the story will service the PC agenda rather than it just being a trivial part of the character development.

>religious clothing.
they wear it to promote modesty.
just ignore the fact it's mandatory.

Prequel stories can work, especially in large universes where we don't know the outcome for a particular cast we are following. Prequel in Star Trek especially makes the universe a bit more open and takes away some of the magic tech that makes things too easy.

Some fan service here and there isn't bad, all shows do it a bit. As long as it isn't obnoxious who cares.

>Muslims

Wasn't religion a dead concept even by the time of TOS? Humanity had "evolved" beyond it. There were even episodes about this.

Star Trek: Into Socjus

It's good, set 30 years after ds9/voyager and you get to meet a lot of shows characters and see what happened to them in that time. And of course unlike abrams's shit movies it actually sticks to shows when it comes for details.

> include the better aspects of VOY (ship with limited amounts of supplies against immense odds).

Enterprise already did that better than Voyager though. When did it ever feel like life on Voyager was different materially than life on any other ship in the post-scarcity alpha quadrant?

I meant the concept, not the execution. What VOY could have been rather than what it was. ENT did it pretty ok for about 3/4 of a season inside the Expanse, but there is room to really stretch that concept out and let it breathe over the course of a few seasons. Season 3 of ENT had a lot of throwaway ideas that could have been really expanded on.

yeah I just finished watching season 3 of ENT now, I get the feeling that the show has peaked bc it got cancelled at the end of S4. hope this nazi storyline is cool (altho how come they didn't notice florida and venezuela weren't destroyed?)

The Nazi thing is basically the writers trying to shake the stupid time war story arc for good (IIRC it was mandated by the network and the writers never cared for it).

Season 4 is very good. It uses a lot of 2 or 3 parters to make miniarcs for good story telling. It is as quality as S3 in a different way. Don't bother watching the last episode, it will make you 2000% mad though.

Ghey.

how come it got cancelled then? just poor ratings?

Basically. Just franchise fatigue and the fact that sci-fi is expensive compared to making reality TV. UPN was kind of floundering at the time, so Star Trek and it's budget were a prime target.

>Captain we are being hailed by an alien species. They appear to be a primative early warp culture still mired in pointless religious conflict.
>Muslim doctor freaks out.
>"DID YOU JUST SAY RELIGION IS POINTLESS!"
>No, I was merely explaining the situation we might be encountering
>MANSPLAINING!!!!
>Muslim doc starts clawing at the eyes of the offending white male science officer
>End of the episode resolves with the white male officier agreeing to take medications to suppress his negative man-traits. This is treated as a positive.
>Womyn captain got so involved with social nonsense she forgot about the alien species which died of space AIDS because she didn't bother hailing them back.

It's gonna be great.

>tumblr politics in the Star Trek universe
Can hardly wait.

Yep

from milan to minsk