Hi, I'm Michael Haneke. I am a director of such subversive and thought-provoking cinemas as Cachay and Funny Games...

Hi, I'm Michael Haneke. I am a director of such subversive and thought-provoking cinemas as Cachay and Funny Games. I have a severe hatred for modernity, and the West in general. I think white, upper-class Europeans need to take a step back and examine their choices, realizing how everything they do effects others across the world. Romanian people, Somalian people, I could go on. My magnum opus is The White Ribbon, a chilling work of critical theory which posits the rise of German fascism was a result of evil puritanical Christians. God I hate Christians, almost as much as I hate Europeans. And modernity. And the Western hemisphere. #blm.

still the best filmmaker working today

Funny post

i didn't really detect any of that sentiment in his work. what are you talking about in particular? or did he say that?

oh goody, the "alt right" just found another scapegoat for their vitriol. Can't wait to see daily threads about how much of a victim they feel like because of Haneke.

This, quite simply, fucking tears it. I want to like Michael Haneke. I think he's got an impressive eye for detail, he manages to get provocative performances from his actors, and even the premises of a lot of his films are interesting. I've watched the majority of his films, trying to understand exactly what makes him tick.

After finishing pic related, I've had enough of trying. I can't believe the audacity of this guy. His capitalist shaming "modern life is empty" bullshit has finally made my fucking skin crawl. Does he want us all to abandon our pursuits and go to places where "life really matters" and people die of the simplest curable diseases every day? Why doesn't the old coot do it himself? Nope, he would rather make his meandering heavy-handed movies designed make Westerners feel guilty and uncomfortable with their lifestyles. Oh my God, they have jobs?! They have possessions?! They have expendable income?! THEY ARE SO UNHAPPY! LOOK HOW UNHAPPY THEIR LIFESTYLE HAS MADE THEM! LOOK HOW EMPTY EVERYTHING THEY DO IS!

Fuck Michael Haneke. Keep on biting the hand that feeds you you old edgy sack of shit. Anyone who takes these "messages" to heart should be deported to North Korea with Haneke.

The 2nd stage is anger

Cache is a trite story that desperately wants its bougie audience to feel uncomfortable with their lives and their choices which are inevitably a microcosm of brown people who get fucked over by said choices on a daily basis, at least according to Haneke's finger-wagging race-baiting parables anti-western. Pretty much all of his movies are like this, at least the ones people give a shit about.

I don't know mate. Don't know. I was pretty clueless about Cache, was there a brown guy messing with the character I can't remember. Was it anything more than just being messed with, His privacy cracking?

Is this some kind of funny game ur playin m8

Hi Tommy how has Cheech been?

fucking this

Even if you acknoledge his talent, you got to realize that at the end of the day all of his moves are disgusting, embodiments of nihilism, self-hate and denial.

>implying you are happy complaining on a chinese sex cartoon website to some random
>implying haneke isn't correct

you just played yourself fool

Did you even remember the whole thing about the Algerian who is wrongfully accused of killing a chicken by the main character when they were both kids?

No 'cause I saw it when it came out at the theatre and I am old

but he is right

Who was sending the tapes? Recording him?

the Algerian's son, obviously.

>I don't like the narrative so the movie is automatically shit

Again and again Sup Forums makes sure to be as pleb as it can be.

No one who likes Haneke likes him because of his storylines.
You like him because of his execution, the static camera placement with rich framing and composition and minimal cuts, the exponential tension building and the ability to pull great performances from the actors constantly.

Film is a visual medium, narrative is just one element of the whole.

Stop being an ignorant cunt who thinks that arguing about the literal plot points is a "film discussion"

hi im op and i make a failed satirical post where i project ideas onto a director im too stupid to understand

Was it obvious ?

It seems that you are angry because of how true it is, you can't handle the truth. So you feel anger at how fucking dare he say this. It makes you uncomfortable

Notice how even the scenes that take place in "real life" in the film look like they are footage from the tapes. It's all pretty meta my man. You could say that it's the director himself sending the tapes. Or the main characters conscience. His dreams/memories are shown also in this way and there are no special signs to show that this is a "dream" sequence. All is shown to the viewer in the same way. Because there is no difference. It's all fake. It's all a film.

Haneke has fun playing with this idea. Many times in the film we think that a scene is happening in real life only for the tape to pause or rewind back. The lines are blurred. You can't believe anything you see,

"Hidden" refers to the camera that the main characters can't see but that is our pov

>Picture of Tommy Chong

toke up bros!

That movie is based on a true story you brainlet dumbfuck.

Americans are dumb fucks and it whoudn't surprise me if you were one, we need flags on all boards so I can filter all of you idiots.

I never felt guilty watching an Haneke film. I don't see why anyone should...you can feel empathy for some characters, or some of their behaviours but it's their story, not mine.
No director will ever force you to feel if you're not already feeling something.

I don't know what any of that means but I love your movies, Tommy Chong!

>getting so fucking triggered by a work of fiction
>>/Polmblr/

>No director will ever force you to feel if you're not already feeling something.

What?
Forcing you to feel something is the literal point of cinema and art in general.

Maybe "forcing" is a too strong word, but for example look at the whole filmography of Tarkovsk, he stripped the entire narrative down just for the sake of producing emotions in the viewer with moving pictures and sound.

More like /stormblr/

didn't he shit on schindler's list

Stop conflating all human activity with capitalism you gigantic moron.