Cinemassacre discussion

Cinemassacre discussion

It's fucking garbage.

It was the pinnacle of the genre if made popular on youtube. Didn't create, but did make it something lots of other folks have derived inspiration from or straight up stole.

Got in the habit of watching it every night before going to bed. It's my comfy drug.

its legit

I cried the day that I realized that AVGN is more Mike Matei than James. I was heartbroken.

James, in real life, actually knows very little about video games. It's actually Mike Matei that plays and ghostwrites most of the AVGN material. This becomes very obvious if you watch the "James & Mike Mondays" let's play videos, the possibly most boring unfunny let's-play videos on youtube. Obviously Mike Matei isn't that funny or knowledgeable about games himself, but at least he actually still plays games. James is clueless when it comes to anything outside of a handful of surface Atari & NES games that everyone has played anyway
James is in such an awkward position: all he cares about is making awful movies, but the only creation of his that had any success is a video game nerd character who got a bunch of fans from the retro-gamer crowd, and now James is forced to work his ass off catering to them for a living. You can tell that video games were never really a big thing in his life outside of early childhood; James is basically being forced to live up to a role that just isn't really him. And now that he went and had a handicapped kid with his mediocre wife, he has no choice but to continue being a fraud and milking his fanbase for all their worth, in order to support his kid and his wife who will eventually divorce him and take all his money that he made from his undeserved e-fame.

This guy laying down the truth right here

This isn´t saying much, since Mike has no idea what he´s talking about most of the time either.

Damn, this really makes you think...

Childhood is idolising the AVGN. Adulthood is realising Mike Matei makes more sense.

>and his wife who will eventually divorce him and take all his money that he made from his undeserved e-fame.

Sadly this is true. She already started laying the pieces in place by getting "involved" in the website (literally making one post) and getting her name attached to the movie. In court she will basically claim that the character was all her idea and take everything James has earned. Women are so manipulative.

James is a good man, but he created a monster.

He should give up or change it up. I want to love it, but it's stale.

You can tell that his heart isn't in AVGN all that much anymore. Board James was great because you could tell how much fun he was having with his buddies making it. The last episode of Board James is the best video he's ever made. I'll buy the series on Blu-ray when it comes out.

Also;

He should let Mike become a fuller partner, and handle more of the gaming side of things.

He can then work on reclaiming the RLM-Best Of The Worst-Nostalgia Critic market.

The final Monster Madness was a sad disappointment.

He's being outdone in that field (which he seems more adept at than the video game field) by the likes of Good Bad Flicks. I'd like to see James get more Joe Bob Briggs, even more Schmoes Knows in that he could do regular updates and reviews on films, and maybe focus on more in depth nostalgia stuff - not just him and Mike sitting around playing vidya, but little documentaries like Classic Gaming Channel has, but on 80's and 90's retro shit.

He needs to step it up basically.

Sort of like his length episodes on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles or Real Ghostbusters.

Mike has a big dick

BIG MIKE DICK

Circling the drain

Bro there are a zillion YouTube critics each more degenerate than the last. And it all began with James, I wonder how he sleeps at night

James is even less knowledgeable about film than video games

All his reviews are basically synopsis

The weird thing about Youtube e-celebs is that they're assuming that they will continue doing this shit into their 40s and 50s. James is now 36 years old. At what point do you think he'll quit YouTube and get an office job?

A few...