Sherlock

What did you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lwjmUWh-ymo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Adventures_of_Sherlock_Holmes_and_Dr._Watson
youtube.com/watch?v=VzwBIvVwuOg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherlock_Holmes_(2013_TV_series)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

All over the place, with too much focus on dumb Mary drama.

Pretty much what I expected. Dreadful writing and directing all the way through, but at least they finally dropped the Mary storyline for good.

10/10
watlock is finally happening next ep *squee

>I'M ACTING

I might steal the concept of the statues and make it a good story. I do that sometimes when I think they fucked up a good idea.

Just do a movie where the detective is going around solving these unrelated murders he only sort of gives a fuck about, but he notices that the bust is always smashed, even when it's impossible or irrelevant for the killer to have done so.

>The murder happened outside, no one even came in here to destroy our statue, it's got nothing to do with anything.

then it moves on to him tracking down all the statue owners somehow and the one dies before he gets there. I wonder how you'd end that one though. I'd have to think about it more.

I have seen a lot of negative reviews but I don't get why. The show seemed very meh to me from day 1 so I don't see what they mean by drop in quality

everyone else just completely sick to death of the pretentious and self referential fan service that just seems to plague Steven Moffat shows?

Like I'm only half way through but if Sherlock says "the game is on" and looks at the camera again I think I might fucking scream, its worse than when they have the Doctor screaming "I'm the Doctor" and then talk about how important he is

I actually like Freeman as an actor but he was terrible in this scene.

Maybe he was just having an off day and couldn't cry, so the director told him to just make animal noises instead.

>I might steal the concept of the statues and make it a good story.
I assumed it was a real old story and they just changed queens bust with thatcher and turkey with georgia

it was shit. Barely any mystery.
The only good thing granny agent died.

>Just do a movie where the detective is going around solving these unrelated murders he only sort of gives a fuck about, but he notices that the bust is always smashed, even when it's impossible or irrelevant for the killer to have done so.
How would you do that? for everyone to plausible have the same state you would need a big brother state that forces all to have the statues or a small town setting were a secret society members have it and there won't be unplanned murders obscuring the connection. in both cases I think the statue connection would stand out to the audience

I was pretty sure it was an original, but maybe I need to reread sherlock holmes. Oh nope, wikipedia says I am wrong, I do need to reread those books. I'm sure I could find a neater ending than a pearl thief though.

I dunno. It's a tricky one, but if I just think about it long enough, I'll come up with something that doesn't involve ghosts.

They've basically moved away from the reasons the series was good initially, mainly Sherlock and John's chemistry, elaborate plots that at least made some sort of sense and a fun cast of supporting characters to contrast the main pair. Turning it into the saga of Mary the super spy and her domestic life with her now mostly irrelevant husband was such a stupid fucking idea. I'm glad she's gone but the damage has been done for me, John looks like a complete wanker after yesterday's episode.

>has a gun aimed at him
>pisses off the armed person that is more than willing to kill for her own benefit

>Mary has no redeeming qualities whatsoever, she does not deserve John at all
>make John a cheater just to make her not seem so bad, all on this episode

it's from the stories, but they were Napoleon busts. called "the six napoleons."

>Turning it into the saga of Mary the super spy and her domestic life with her now mostly irrelevant husband was such a stupid fucking idea.
well it is British tv
>mainly Sherlock and John's chemistry
true but those types of dynamics are not sustainable. look at house and wilson or any other such dynamic, there is no real way to evolve it and holding the pattern just rots it.
>elaborate plots
in ep 1 of s4 when he flippantly solved lots of cases that seemed to have plots that would have been good enough for their own ep it somehow cheapened the old eps.
>wikipedia
was it queens bust in the original?

The problem I have with coming up with the mysteries is you need a motivation, typically, and there's only three real ones.

>revenge/passsion murders
>thieves who murder to enrich themselves
>people who just murder for the fuck of it

Agatha Christie, most of her stories were easy to solve, cause you gotta give the murderer a reason to do it, so just ignore the evidence to distract you and focus on why someone would do it, and it's usually that guy.

So for the statues, if you don't want it to be a thief, cause that's kind of boring, what else can you do? A man who really hates statues? hmmm

I liked him in Fargo. Maybe something like this happened:

youtube.com/watch?v=lwjmUWh-ymo

Sherlock disappeared right up its own pompous arsehole yet again. Utter fucking shit.

MUH WOMEN POWYRRR
that fucking special was the worst, fuck this cuck garbage. watch elementary or ruski version.

>Female Watson
Kill yourself

yeah that is always a problem wih mysteries. you usually have to flood them with red herring so it does not come off the same way as when they cast a notable actor to play a role that extra could have played (meaning he will turn out to be the antagonist) you often end up with red herring that are obviously red herring or deliberately misleading lies. Its really hard to convey the same fog of war you would have in real life when investigating a killer, not to mention the complication when you want the investigator to be a high school kid or someone else without the tools needed

hey she is hot. The show is not a good sherlock show but its an ok show in its own right

>not liking cute azn doctor
lmao what a cuck lord.

I guess the motivation could be some guy's master plan to frame the detective. So, he just listened to the police scanner or somehow got to the crime scene every time to smash the statues, to eventually get the detective distracted so much so he is only focusing on these stupid busts, and he has the same list of statue owners that the detective does, so he knows exactly where the detective will be and is able to engineer a scenario where the detective shows up to a location and this somehow implicates him in a crime. Then the detective gets locked up and has to figure out what the fuck from jail.

>Old lady reaches into her handbag - no reaction from anyone
>She fires the gun
>Mary is fast enough to jump in front of Sherlock

could have just pushed him out of the way desu

sherlock kino

It makes me laugh how much they try to pander to women between the special and the Mary storyline. They think girls want to see a badass super spy or a horribly misjudged plot about repressed women murdering men, when actually they're too busy fawning over Sherlock or shipping him with Moriarty.

That was dogshit.

A list of things I hated:

1) Sherlock on Twitter. Isn't that out of character?

2) Another Mary episode right after The Last Vow. Enough with this secret agent shit

3) Vinyl car seat costume. ARE YOU SERIOUS? And having a stroke shortly after putting it on? What?

4) Why did the car explode? Huh?

5) Sherlock taunting someone who was a double agent. Hmm, world's greatest detective didn't consider the possibility she had a gun?

6) More Moriarty baiting. We all know it's just going to be in episode 3

Man, that reminds me of that shitty big bad wolf movie. At first I was all like: ah its going to be the grandma who is the person secretly transforming into the wolf, but then there were a bunch of hints that it was the grandma, and I said, ah, they are just dropping all those hints to distract me from the real wolfperson, but then they dropped more hints that it was the grandma, and I said: Oh shit, they are making it so obvious that it's the grandmother that no one will think it's the grandmother because it's way too obvious, so the grandmother is the wolf!

It wasn't the grannie

Yeah, I remember thinking that the car exploded because of some car bomb that just never went off, but then it turned out to be nothing like that, which kind of made the car exploding a weird thing to happen.

Season 1+2 Sherlock > Season 1+2 Elementary.

But now Elementary has hit its stride it's clearly the superior show.

Sherlock's "witty" writing can only sustain a mediocre show for so long before descending into farce.

Also
>did they just FORGET Sherlock murdered a guy in cold blood a series ago?

>1) Sherlock on Twitter. Isn't that out of character?
I assumed he was using google or getting in contact with people instead of vanity tweets
>3) Vinyl car seat costume. ARE YOU SERIOUS? And having a stroke shortly after putting it on? What?
I have seen the car seat thing done. he had a seizure and yes that is ridiculous, hell him having some ultra allergic reaction to something in the costume seat would be mildly more believable
>4) Why did the car explode? Huh?
I did not think of that. really all the other car did was hit it in the back so it should not have caught fire

Elementary was really bad last season.

Are you saying it's tolerable now?

it was the father, who only had like 20 seconds of screen time

elementary has qt azn doctor and adler is played by smirk fu. how can gay brit version compete?

Why make john look like such a dick? Why involve a new woman? Unless she's gonna be a regular character somewhere down the line. He was already mad at Mary cause she lied *again* and took off on her own, not sure why they needed the bus lady storyline.

They broke up in real life apparently so maybe that's why they killed her off, must be a little awkward still playing happy couples with the actual mother of your kids

Yes indeed. Give it another shot. Don't let Sup Forumstards shit on your fun.

as i recall, the 2nd episode of season 1 was garbage.

>Why make john look like such a dick?
HES A FUCKING WHITE MALE

>>did they just FORGET Sherlock murdered a guy in cold blood a series ago?
yep. hell when the other agent poped up I assumed sherlock would kill him to and it would turn into a subplot but nope
true it has some crap eps but if you line up the amount of content both put out you will see that elementary is on top while UK show lives only on hype

>mfw I watched it all

I actually want a non-troll explanation of the exploding car

Elementary mixes up the Holmes mythos as well as House does, or as well as Lie to Me did. Makes it interesting.

You could probably correctly arge Lie to Me isn't a Holmes series but Cal Lightman does use detection and has a partner who assists/grounds him.

God they need to make more series. That show was cool.

"Thatcher is the new Napoleon"

Was that the one with the chinks? That was so shit

what ruski version??

the car caught fire, the rest is irrelevent

>after credits
>"go to hell sherlock"
what did she mean by that?

Is it true that in Elementary Mycroft bangs the female Watson?

Yeah. And Sherlock bangs Moriarty.

If you read the "The Six Napoleons" chapter already the whole episode lose all it charm

desu i think they deliberately didn't make john cry there but sort of growl to show that the first emotion he felt wasn't sadness but rage and anger toward sherlock for not protecting her as he promised.
although he didn't manage to express it perfectly, it stills sends a clear its over massage.
it also sits perfectly well with not having a 5th season because reasons

It was pretty fucking bad. Shit dialogue, shit quips, no funny jokes, wide open plot holes.
I don't care though, I watched it anyway. 0 expectations from this show.

>make a well written female character who benefits the feminist agenda
>kill her off
what the fuck was moffat thinking?

How the fuck do they manage to create such convoluted shit when they only have to produce 3 episodes every couple of years.

Just bring Mads Mikkelsen on to kill off Watson already.

yfw they actually do "moriarty was alive all along" after all of the insisting that he's dead

He's dead in the books.

>well written

I dropped the show after season 2. Anything after that worth watching? Like the period special?

>Sherlock tweeting
>that car seat deduction
>fight in the pool house, family still there despite the police being outside - they didn't think to tell them some shit was about to go down
>the busts for some reason having the memory sticks in - when he put the memory stick in the bust when he was captured how did he know what would happen to it
>Sherlock tracking Mary with the memory stick but winding up at the place before her
>armed police officer showing up during the shootout and only shooting AJ
>Woman selling state secrets but only being able to afford 1 cottage in cornwall
>sherlock using laser vision to spot 3 different types of cat hair on her coat from 15 feet away in a dimly lit room
>Mary using sonic speed to jump in front of a bullet despite being a mother and a wife
>cliche'd pre-death message for Sherlock
>Watson's REEEEEEEE

I'm sure there's other stuff I've forgotten, it was just awful

The period special is all about how women were oppressed in the olden days

Could someone please deliver threadshot of what if Sherlock would've been in "No country for old men"? Pretty much sums everything up.

>everyone in the UK has guns
>UK trying to act like top baddies with guns
>BE SENSIBLE

lmao sure make granny drop the gun now

>kill off mary which is good so no more centric episodes
>now episodes will just be watson and sherlock dealing with her death and the kid being comedic relief for sherlock with the side plot being the mystery

I am 100% certain brits call a season a series so this image is confusing me

>season is 33% over

>season is 100% shit

we do, that 'season 4' is quite clearly edited in by someone, not an official image

Threadly reminder

You are my hero of the day.

>implying it's hard to get a gun in england

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Adventures_of_Sherlock_Holmes_and_Dr._Watson

Is that fucking Martin Freeman in a mustache ?

These are books, word for word, and soviet camerawork is poor af.

Idris Elba.

I don't know how they did it, but they managed to make an episode worse than The Blind Banker.

Amazing.

>mfw the constant "It's never twins" gags are simply to set up that Moriarty was actually two twin brothers and one killed himself to create the ultimate mindfuck for Sherlock
>tfw they think this will be original or exciting

>These are books, word for word
So?..
>soviet camerawork is poor af
Fuck off.

Mate, I watched it when I was little, I rewatch it from time to time. Lightning and static camera suck ass.

Mary is a good character

>super elite british spy team
>main members were a mudslime and middle aged woman

What did they mean by this?

said no-one ever

I think she could have been fine if she was portrayed as more of a non combat spy who used her brain rather than shooting things, but the second they showed her being a super Rainbow Six operator, they lost me. She only needed one episode dedicated to her as well.

What if the chick watson boned was a plant by moriarty

Moffatt is really out of ideas.
He should hire talented writers. That's really all this series need. The acting is great. The music is great. Every technical aspect in the series is great. If you add good writing to this instead of a hack trying to sound clever it automatically becomes a great show.

>brits trying to project themselves as powerful
>epic kill squad with 40yo women leading it

what if she were Moriarty all along?

I want to cuddle and love and marry Misato forever.

Its his twin sister, jane moriarty

>This dumpy middle-aged woman is totally a super SAS spy and combat expert, guise!

It reminds me of when they spent several seasons of Doctor Who trying to sell a woman who looks like someone's frumpy aunt as a femme fatale

not what I expected, I wanted Sherlock versus anton.

there is also a 2013 ruski version
episode 1: youtube.com/watch?v=VzwBIvVwuOg

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherlock_Holmes_(2013_TV_series)

Asuka

What if Moriarty downloaded his consciousness into Watson's phone then made the phone sentient?

Watching it atm.

That was a pretty comfy looking aquarium

there is literally nothing wrong with river song

I don't say this often, but Sherlock is easily the most reddit show to ever exist

Yeah, no. Not even top 3 girl.