Blade Runner 2

will it be good? Only movie I'm hyped for in 2017.

>Ridley Scott

It'll be awful

remember Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull?

no, Bladeerunner 2 wont be good, it will be like having another childhood favorite raped to death in front of you.

No it will be terrible, just like every other unnecessary sequel/cash grab.

>childhood

implying children gave a fuck about blade runner.

i was but a late teen when i watched it for the first time.

The goose is in it, hard to make a bad movie with THE Goose.

>old Han Solo
so you've been wearing the same clothes for the past 30 years and dont have a ship? even though you're married to a Princess?

>old Indiana Jones
careful Indy you'll injure your back, sit down and have a nap for fucks sake.

>old Deckard
you retired 30 years ago to run off with your sex bot. you cant get it up anymore so have you disconnected her?

Harrison Ford needs to die for his own sake. its embarrassing

>witty quip: the actor
>in a blade runner movie

The sad thing is that I know a sequel has the potential to be great. But Blade Runner was from a time when directors were willing to take risks. Revisiting the concept of film noir was a ballsy move, and while the result was hit and miss in my opinion, it gave the movie soul. It was distinct, for better or worse.

Nobody is willing to take risks like that anymore. With movie budgets as high as they are today, nobody is willing to risk that kind of money on risky artistic statements. Therefore, I am practicality certain this will be a cookie cutter sci-fi action movie with Blade Runner slapped on the title for marketing. It's a shame, because like I said a sequel has potential, but I don't have high hopes.

>Ryan Gosling
>witty quip

what??

>Rooney Mara and The Goose : perfect replicants

why didnt this happen?.

Have you seen a single one of his flicks?

That's a really interesting opinion. I really hope the sequel will take risks and be interesting in some ways at least.

Hey, remember that implication that Deckard was actually a replicant (which have a lifespan of four years) and how that made the movie that much better? Here he is 30 years later. Enjoy!

you're impossibly autistic

>Gosling

when will they stop shoving this dopey ugly white guy in everything

You are obviously a retard

If they wanted to create a shitty Total Recall reboot thing they wouldn't have gotten Denis and Deakins.

I'm cautiously optimistic

OF COURSE it won't be!

>current year +1
>muh diversity
>BLACKED

Hollywood only cares about sheckles and they're all assuming the above is what its audiences want to pay to see. So that's what they'll create.

We have already had to sit through 4th wave feminism trying to destroy videogames and only now are they slowly starting to recover.

Intersectional feminism has only just hotten started with Hollywood.

It'll be YEARS before they finally figure out people "want" these things, but aren't prepared to pay to see them.

They're representing you, user.
It's 100% accurate in this case.

ugh right like get a brother in these movies already y'all need to get woke

they destroyed Star Wars with the prequels.

they severely damaged Lord of the Rings with the Hobbit.

they destroyed Alien with Prometheus.

they completely murdered Terminator with three shitty sequels

they violently butchered Indiana Jones with the Crystal Skull
they will NOT be destroying Blade Runner for me. into the trash Blade Runner 2 will go.

Yet oddly enough the 4th Mad Max movie is arguably the best one.

>inb4 a whole bunch of identity politics bullshit that has no weight on the quality of the actual film

what if this is the original Deckard?

>getting hyped for a soft reboot of a movie that doesn't need one

fucking why would you support this trend?

A cigarette? In the future? It should be a vape or e-cig. 2/10, movie is doa.

>2 kool 4 skool, saturday morning light Sci-Fi
>good
/this
virtually, his every movie was utter shit and targeted to 14-18 year olds

there arent any faggots in the future.

He's not directing. Villaneuve is.

Interestingly they both have incredibly lopsided faces.

>soft reboot

Is Mike still trying to force this?

That's usually how a film gets a cult following. Cult classics aren't cult classics because they are the "best" films, or hell, even good films. It's because they offered a distinct experience that are not present in other films.

From a traditional, mainstream viewpoint, there is nothing exceptional about Blade Runner aside from Ford being the main. It's writing was decent. It's dialogue was alright. It's effects were passable. The cast was okay. From all technical standpoints, the movie was mediocre.

However, two things set it apart. One, it was a leader in cyberpunk near future settings. Second, it was the first "real" noir film in a generation, and no noteworthy ones have been made since. Those two things combined gave it a style, a flavour, that nothing else had captured or has captured since. Hence, it arguably made up for its flaws and developed a cult following.

I believe that there will be no risks in the sequel, especially with Ridley Scott at the helm. He is a good director and I like a lot of his work, but he seems too conservative to get out of his comfort zone. The movie will be by the numbers, and it will not have the draw the original did. Cyberpunk settings were a fairly new concept in Blade Runners time, but sci-fi in general is a more explored concept now. And I don't think for a minute he will take the film noir route, which I think is the number one seller for Blade Runner. Noir is all about being subtle. The story, the characters, the world, everything is kept very low tempo. No bombastic orchestra soundtrack, no flashy costumes, and any action is kept short and fatalistic. All of these things are at complete odds with the modern moviegoing pleb. They see sci-fi and they want hovercar races, lasers, and robots tearing people apart. And I have a sinking feeling that is exactly what Scott is going to give them.

>Denis Villeneuve as Director
It'll be kino

it was a reboot, not a sequel or prequel.

Wow you synthesized the situation really well.
The lowkey atmosphere is definitely a must but seeing the teaser, I think they could still pull it off, especially with Villeneuve working on it. The only problem is Ridley Scott like you said, who might want to cater to plebs, making the movie dull in the process.

If they stay true to the material, I'm sure that most movie goers will expect another sci fi action quipfest and it will most likely get bad reviews from the public. (not that we care about that but the producers ans the studio most likely will)

Ridley isn't directing.

Denis Villeneuve is directing and his work is phenomenal. Incendies is 10/10

He did;
Sicario
Prisoners
Enemy
Arrival

You're wrong about this.

Tbf the whole Deckard is a replicant thing is just dumb shit that Ridley was intent on forcing.

tfw no qt Sean Young gf

yes

She's not in it right?

>starring Dave Bautista

Does does anyone know who will be doing the soundtrack?

I wish

He'll be this movie's Leon

thankfully no.

Johann Johanson works with Denis Villeneuve frequently. The Arrival soundtrack is great.

I think he can pull off the Vangelis vibe

johann johannson
he did sicario, prisoners, theory of everything

who was owl.

I didn't know ryan newman is in this

Ana de Armas

she'd be a good fit

she a good actress?

You faceblind as fuck

>that cast
>villeneuve directing
>deakins on camera
>fancher writing
>johannsson on the score
>ridley scott executive producer

This movie simply can't end up bad.
Mediocre maybe, but outright bad execution is almost impossible.

The only thing I am actually worried about is Ridley Scot himself as the exec. He lost his sense for filmmaking years ago and I hope he wasn't a whiny "I didn't imagine this like that" brat on the set and allowed the movie to have it's own artistic integrity.

Trailer looks promising

She's hot, and that's all you really need

He actually encouraged Denis Villeneuve to take it in his own direction. He told Villeneuve to treat it like a dream, after he was feeling the pressure of making it great. And apparently that helped

Read this in an article a few weeks ago

Hey, remember Rachel, the Replicant without the abbreviated lifespan? Do I really need to spell this out for you?

WATCH THE FUCKING MOVIE AGAIN 35 TIMES BEFORE OPENING YOUR FUCKING MOUTHS IN THESE THREADS, CASUALS. IN FACT, WATCH EVERY VERSION IN THE ULTIMATE EDITION AS WELL AS ALL THE FUCKING COMMENTARY AND INTERVIEW CONTENT, BECAUSE MANY OF YOU ARE FUCKING CLUELESS RETARDS WHO FAG UP THESE THREADS WITH YOUR WRONG AND FAGGOT BULLSHIT.

STOP BEING FUCKING GAY AND DUMB.

Scott's not the director and you're a fucking retard.

>not loving bautista
what the fuck is wrong with you mate?

he'll be great

AUTISTA IS THE ROCK MINUS THE EFFORTLESS TRYHARD ACT

HE'S PERFECT TO ROUND OUT GOOSE'S AUTISM

Ya okay I guess the executive producer doesn't have any pull at all, especially with the broader concepts of the movie

>You're a retard
Not an argument

unfiltered truth

the book is actually about this conflict too

It's an aspect but it's not what it's about. Even then the book floats the idea but makes it clear Deckard is not a replicant.

Because miller spent his own money to do exactly what he wanted

it will be yellow

How does it feel to be a contrarian faggot?

Because it wasn't disney or wb or paramount or some other fucking company controlling every aspect of mad max 4, georger miller had complete creative control by spending his own fucking money on the movie

SOMEONE GET THIS PHOTOG TO PUT THE PHOTOSHOP DOWN, SHIT IS HILARIOUSLY BAD

JUST SNAP THE PICTURE IDIOT

mediocre is worse than bad

meme bandwagon opinion, what points do you think you're scoring when you're anoymous?

While that other guy started screeching, his point stands that Rachel didn't have a four year lifespan so Deckard might not either.

can't fucking stand ryan gosling

he has this constant smug squinting autistic expression like "look at me, i'm famous actor ryan gosling, this is me acting *squint*"

and don't even try to give me that "DUDE THATS WHAT FORD DID TOO LMAO" bullshit, gosling has no actual charisma outside of making teenage girls and gay faggots' pussies wet

sadly this

>witty quip

You're thinking Ryan Reynolds, user.

>Gosling
Ok, I'm off the hype train now.

Malick already cast them both in Weightless

............................I drive.
Fucking quiptastic

kek

>grandpa Harrison in his tshirt and slacks
>The Goose
>sequel to a 30 year old kino that never needed to exist

Zero hype.
Zero chance it's good.

Ford hasn't mustered an emotion beyond cranky in 20 years and he can't even bother to dress up for the part.

>member Blade Runner
We need those bullshit for every "classic" movie"""?

>From all technical standpoints, the movie was mediocre.

No, it is a technical wander and a visual experience. That is the most exceptional thing about Blade Runner.

>Drive
>Lars
>Only god forgives
>the place beyond the pines
>etc
>quips

I love when underaged faggots that know nothing about movies get outed because of their inability to stop shitposting on a korean basket weaving forum.

>Yet oddly enough the 4th Mad Max movie is arguably the best one.

Agreed.

HOWEVER, original director, his original concept, "it took 30 years to make!", Mad Max is canonically episodical and the 4th has little to do with the others and it doesn't really matter.

It's the genie in a bottle version of how these time lapse sequels could work.

Blade Runner leans heavy on the mystery aspect. If they start to explain Deckard, explain the inner workings of replicants, that will take away from the original. And they will ruin everything since Ford is in the movie.

If they instead had taken the aesthetic and told a different story (again 4th Mad Max for reference) with minimal crossover.. there's a ton to steal from in the cyberpunk genre, hardly exists among movies, that would have worked.

Disregard Sup Forums.
Enjoy television & film.

>I have never seen a Goose movie

Depends

will it be a generic action flick?
or a cyber noir?

That said I'm pretty hyped.

also Ridley is not directing which is a good thing

she'd be perfect for Blade Runner

Hope Jared Leto appears only for like 2 minutes, I don't want him to ruin it.

HONKA HONKA my robot PAAAAL, I'm just CRAAAZY to meet you!

can't be much worse than the original

Is that Emma stone? Why the fuck does she gotta be in every goose movie?

oh Gawd, I can already see his overacting trying to steal the show

She's not.

nigga do you even goose

I think not

>not placing faith in ma boy Villnoir