Does he influence your opinion on music? Do you ever listen to an album, enjoy it...

Does he influence your opinion on music? Do you ever listen to an album, enjoy it, and then find he doesn't like it and suddenly choose not to enjoy it?

Nah, I use him to get a basic idea of some albums BEFORE listening so I can tell if it seems like it would appeal to me.
But I don't let anyone, Fantano, Sup Forums, career critics, nobody, dictate my tastes.

Not really.
I do agree with him on occasion.
For instance, I don't hold MBDTF to a high regard, think that review/score is justified for the most part, but on the flipside, I like and appreciate Yeezus more than he gives it credit for.

>Do you ever listen to an album, enjoy it, and then find he doesn't like it and suddenly choose not to enjoy it?
Why would anyone do this?

>choose not to enjoy it?

fuck Sup Forums

Half of Sup Forums does this already when the majority of the board decides an album isn't good or too
>>reddit>>

this has got to be bait. fantano's fanbase primarily consists of literal children so there's definitely people who actually think like this.

Nice crosslink newfriend, you almost fit in

guyze enjoying an album and thinking its good are two separate things

>implying
I've been here since 2010 fag.

how about not enjoying it but thinking its good?

>criticizes fanbase
>somehow makes his opinion any less credible

sure, a lot a ppl do that

it doesn't matter how "credible" his opinion is.
>Do you ever listen to an album, enjoy it, and then find he doesn't like it and suddenly choose not to enjoy it?
that is some dumb shit.

>his comments section

He barely reviewed any album I actually like. Only a few of them (the classics).
Most of the stuff he reviews I don't really care. Seems he's mostly focused on the youngest audience, so much rap and pop.

lol

Nigga, I don't even listen to the artist he reviews, I just find him entertaining and memeable.

that could also mean that you just dont keep up with new music, since thats what his focus is on, the classics being the only exception

Not music. Fuck off

Not saying I'm an old fag but when I started coming here was closer to the beginning of Sup Forums than it is to now.

Don't pretend you weren't implying I was some fresh off the boat wop either.

lol

I keep up with new music, just not these genres in particular.
He sometimes reviews some stuff that isn't rap or pop, but rarely. Especially lately.
But yeah as I said, I understand what his focus is. I'm simply not his target audience.

I watch him to get a different approach on albums I like or get a recommendation. I don't think he influences my taste though.

you have to be a very insecure mentally retarded person if you stop enjoying something because of Fantano

If he likes it, it's almost guaranteed to be an overhyped above-average thing or a borefest

No, but he influenced me on my taste on Super Smash Bros. characters

does this faggot play smash 4 or melee?

lol of course not
Ya'll know these are just his opinions, right?

I actually feel like music theese days has been a bit objectified, i mean everyone on Sup Forums has kind of similar oppinions, and if we dont cconsider something worthy we all generally agree that it's bad...

But it's ok to have different oppinions from the rest of us mutants, for instance, i really enjoy Coldplay, and i myself have been criticised doring the past years because of that, and i'm not talking about Sup Forums exclusively.

So my point is that if you like some band that everyone else consider shitty, it's ok to still enjoy their music, but dont expect the approval of other people, just listen to those albums without thinking about what everyone else says. just enjoy it yourself, subjectively

He only influence my the use of words like
>Watery synth
>Jangly guitar
and such

Lmao i only listen to albums that have BNM on p4k, at least 80/100 on metacritic and strong 8/10 by fantano. You can really tell my taste is perfect.

I liked twenty one pilots a lot watched his review and started hating it, its also the review that made me like his opinions!
And after that i found this awesome place called /mu .

Smash 4. He only really played Smash 64, and Smash 4, he skipped Melee and Brawl.

Ever since he started to appeal to the maisntream audience and reddit his oppinions went to shit. Now he rambles a lot about stuff not even related to the music in the album reviews.

Good for you fantano but you are shite now

Sometimes he brings up points that I never thought of before. But if I like the music it doesn't change my opinion

anything he rates

maybe it'll cause me to give an album a second look if there was high praise from him and I didn't see much in it. but if there is nothing there for me in the end then I'm not going to suddenly enjoy it

>soaring guitars

No, I don't bother with him. I don't listen to the musical opinions of alt-right apologists

NO AND IM SICK OF SEEING HIS UGLY ASS FUCKING MUG WHEN IM SCROLLING MU SO FUCK OFF! FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF WITH THIS BULLSHIT STOP POSTING THIS UGLY WHITE NIGGER JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

This. I just like hearing someone talk about music. He's given low scores to albums I honestly felt were better than what they got and vice versa.
Also this.

I still don't understand what he means when he says something is "dry".

Not really. He's exposed me to new artists and occasionally our opinions align, but the melon doesn't dictate what I like.

NO ONE listened to Death Grips before he praised them. Not a single person on Sup Forums has even heard of them and I know those pretentious fags are gonna reply to this saying that they have to keep their hipster cred.

No. But, iId listen to him before I'd read pitchfork or fader or noisey or consequence or fact or any of those other shit publications.

No

Fuck no, someone here was shilling exmilitary hard in 2011, thats where fantano saw the album and made the review. Nobody gave a fuck about them even after he gave it a 10 and it was still the "you made me listen to this angry black man shouting for 50 mins" meme

if i haven't heard of an album he's given a good score to i go check it out.

that's about it.

>listen to an album, enjoy it, and then find he doesn't like it and suddenly choose not to enjoy it?

nobody has ever done this

He's definitely narrowed his focus in recent years, he only reviewed 16 metal albums last year.

Basically this.

>Glitzy
>Trap influenced hi hats

Its not that hard to avoid watching his videos. You must have some severe level of autism if you think everyone actually is into album ratings. I listen to what I like I could really care less about someone's opinion.

I see treating music like some collectible base ball cards really disgusting.

He shits on artists, then no longer mentions them when they die
Chester Bennington, Lil Peep

I've never to almost anything he reviewd until a couple of days ago.
I listened to Pure Comedy and To Pimp a butterfly, two albums he rated 10/10.
I thought both albums were decent but way off a perfect score. Since then I don't even bother to view his videos anymore.

fpbp

I found AOTY 2017 through him

This is literally the mentality of Sup Forums
>hurr you don't need to actually watch the anime, just go to Sup Forums and you will know what its about becuz memes

He like hip-hop and metal waaaaay too much to influence my tastes. I might listen to and like an album he really likes out of curiosity, but that's all reviews should be for to begin with.

>Does he influence your opinion on music?
No.
I find his videos entertaining tho.

He's just a friendly normie who knows of non-normie music
Like a friend who can hold a conversation about music but doesn't really have good taste
Nice dude, makes fun videos

I thought that was the mentality of Sup Forums.

LOL, ahhhh this old meme.

its the mentality of almost every board

most people on Sup Forums should be shot

then why do we value his opinion?

we don't or at least no one with real taste does. He sometimes has a good opinion and the channel size to be somewhat entertaining but fuck does he look retarded and like he doesn't even listen to some stuff like TKOL

Welp, threads over. I guess.

I used to trust his opinion, but he have a really skewed review on Glassjaw's new album. It's like he didn't give the EPs any consideration.
Also Luciferean Towers.

everything he likes, I like.
everything he dislikes, I dislike
everything he hasn't reviewed, I haven't listened to

I agree with him about eight out of every ten times. However, I always listen to the album beforehand, and only once has he ever made me think "yeah, you know, that album wasn't as good as I thought it was" said album being Steven Wilson's The Raven That Refused to Sing. And in any case I usually like Wilson and PT. Also I usually disagree pretty heavily with his end of year lists - I liked Atrocity Exhibition, right, but it was nowhere near my favorite of 2016.

I think me and him had a pretty similar upbringing in music (liked punk and hardcore in earlier years, started really experimenting in college, like more folky and drone-y stuff now) so that probably accounts for some of it.

I just like to hear him trash talk shitty albums. Why anyone would let a YouTube critic influence their opinion of an album is beyond my comprehension.

He's a vegan soyboy who's up his own arse