Thoughts on Korn? I feel like they are in a unique position...

Thoughts on Korn? I feel like they are in a unique position, they are still pretty successful but basically started the style of nu-metal being a concentrated thing, they are innovators and game changers but also brought forth a style most people now look back on as something "of the times", you can't call them a trendy band like you might old Machine Head or Coal Chamber, but they are also still mocked because they were too vulgar and dark to reach the mainstream pop levels of a Linkin Park who were basically a boy band or the critical appeal of a Deftones who catered heavily to artsy hipster types.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3Yw4zzt1bq0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

has a mic stand designed by Giger...that's all I'll give em

If you disassociate them from nu metal and look at them as more of a successor to the alt metal bands of the 80s and early 90s their first 4 or 5 records are decent.

>If you disassociate them from nu metal and look at them as more of a successor to the alt metal bands of the 80s and early 90s
That's kind of the point, cause that's what they were, however after they hit other bands copied them which is the only thing that made it a genre as opposed to just being another 90s band

i like korn. i don’t care if theyre respected or not. i think they and faith no more were pioneers of numetal though and desu who even disrespects them? Sup Forums drones?

>Thoughts on Korn?
I took a dump yesterday and saw some in there

>Sup Forums drones?
Really they've gotten more respect among the press as they age and keep doing their thing, the metal gossip site Metalsucks is notorious for keeping Korn hate alive which is ironic considering the site's reputation for hardly ever discussing metal, yet claiming to be the authority of what is metal

I was interested by their guitarist's born again christian era when he left the band, I stopped following them shortly after though. I enjoyed their material up to Issues, never listened past it except one or two tracks on untouchables.

untouchables was great

I listen to Issues sometimes. Their only album that don't have neither cringy song like every their albums do. And Somebody Someone is just a fucking great song.

In your opinion, what constitutes a cringey song from them?

All In The Family, Beat It Upright, the whole Korn III, almost every song on TPOT

yes, that's what made them great.
I haven't listened to a single song by them in a very long time though

thats hilarious
thats the same thing that i give them credit for too...but thats it!
lol

I liked Korn until Jesus threatened to stop giving me handjobs unless I let Head mommy cuck me.

Best song is Falling Away From Me PROVE ME WRONG BUT I WARN YOU IT IS IMPOSSIBLE

How ironoric that a band named Korn has the fans who worship the Soy Bean, not a maize

korn are not soy at all

youtube.com/watch?v=3Yw4zzt1bq0

You can't watch this and not get hyped.

Great song, Issues was a great album, to me the quintessential Korn one

This has got to be the dumbest post

What

haven't been relevant since 2002

That's actually pisses me off, if a master of dark arts himself made this mic stand for you then you should try your best to not disappoint him and play the most darkest and evil music, and not this pop crap.

Define relevant. I'm sure more people attend their concerts and buy their albums than your favorite band, who is likely quite literally not "relevant" you hipster cuck.

>attend their concerts
to listen the same songs from the classic era

Just because a band was massively influential doesn't mean they're good. Sometimes influential albums start really fucking worn out trends. Lift your skinny fists is a great example of this: it's a good album, it's well done, but it started so many shit trends that made post-rock such a dead end genre from 2000 until this day pretty much save for a couple of bands. You can say the same about Led Zeppelin I, the production on that set the sound for rock production for like the next 15 years (punk excluded, that had a different palette). It was really ahead of it's time, but that doesn't make it good. It started a really shitty trend that shouldn't have continued of these giant cock rock stadium drum sounds.

>Going to a Korn show to enjoy songs ranging from Blind to Coming Undone
So basically an entire decade worth of relevance, which is more than most bands can boast.

Their first few albums are honestly still great. Genre bending bands like them have always been fascinating to me. They are labeled nu metal, to which many people think we are to expect the kind of riff progressions that entail the metal genre. But their music isn't that at all, and ultimately has more in common with the alternative rock developments of the late 80s/early90s, by which standards they are actually kinda cool since they are kinda the combination of the funky stuff, the grungy stuff, and even bits of the mathy/noisy stuff.

>likes punk rock
>unironically uses the term cock rock

Please go back to whatever thread you're discussing haircuts and how to personalize your thrift store jeans in while pretending it isn't Hot Topic brand dye you use on your hair.

Show me where it says I like punk. All I said was that it used a different palette of sounds in production than other rock music of the time.

Also, you're talking about hot topic hair dye in a fucking korn thread, get some self awareness dude.

Just because a band uses a different palette of sounds in production doesn't make them good.

Again, I never said that. All I said was it was in a different style that what was predominantly being used in rock at the time. I never implied it was better. When I said "it was really ahead of it's time..." I was talking about the sound on the Led Zeppelin I. Hence why the aside about punk is contained in parenthesis and nowhere else.

Go back to to your GED study book so you can move out of your trailer park. Get some reading comprehension skills.

You're a smarmy cunt and I bet IRL you're the guy everybody wishes would not share his opinion because he can't do so without putting down others.

Hey man, if English isn't your first language then sorry about giving you some shit, but if it is, you really should work on your reading comprehension. I'm not even playing, it's just a good skill to have. Have a nice day!

Why is GED a meme? Fucking Ivy League twat I will be more successful than you will ever be