Commieblocks

/pol
Why do commieblocks like fortress?.

I wonder if commie blocks were made with urban warfare in mind.

More likely they wanted to prohibit from everything going up in flames so they solved the crisis of their own inept slav building with spreading the living space out on isolated concrete blocks so fire never would be able to spread other than the one block cyka.

Are commie blocks comfy?

Depends, on the summer evening yes. Most of the time however not. I live in a renoavted commie block, new elevators, new elevation, new paint all flats are renovated so it's a nice place to live but i rember time when everything was still post commie. It has a special feel but it's not that comfy when you're living as a poorfag in a communistc country with no hopes for the future. There are far better places for comfy living that commie blocks.

It doesn't beat a nice house in the country side but it's good enough if you're a broke-ass student

You can see that the sewage is in open air.
Absolutely commie.

Possibly. They had to level Grozny before invading.

What city is that?

An odd place to live...kinda comfy but.....kinda not.

My city has a couple of commieblocks, but they look way better than that photo.

Honestly it looks depressing.

Russian teacher told us that there are nuclear bunkers in the middle of those. The commie block would take most of the blast so the people in the middle would survive.

Just imagine what is inside the commieblocks at Pripyat.

Gopniks and mutant rats. Also anomalies.

In Hong Kong

They were built during mass industrialisation and urbanisation and after WW2. Cheap and reliable. Communists today are all about eco-cities.

My grandparents came from Ukraine to America and looked specifically to find one to live in here. It's quite nice and cozy actually.

post actually nice commie buildings

Here are some ghost cities from China.
These a creeping af.

Mutant woodlouse that are sold as 'lobsters' at Lidl

kek

What would they be if they were on a Circuit Board?

What would that make you?

Exploring here would be so hype

that looks really nice. I loved this huge round pool in moscow, to bad they tore it down

So that everybody is equally miserable.

It's fairer that way.

suburbs often dont really look better in my opinion...

Pretty sure that's snow or frozen soil.

That's terrifying and comfy at the same time

Actually - yes.
From the earliest years and up to the end ussr had intention of conquer the earth, and at the same time was ready for war at any point within. In addition to i can tell that all ussr shores had and probably have mines and chemical bombs, and strategical points in every city of ussr were or maybe even are still mined.

I've been told that commie blocks have the element of nuclear attack shield build.

When I was younger and played Sim City, my dad told me I built my cities like a communist. Now I see why.

that's even worse. At least there's space for some vegetation between many commieblocks, this shit is just scary.

God I hate suburbs. Hate everything about them.

commie part of bratislava

I live in a commie block city, and it's really not comfy at all. Buying an apartment feels like you're being ripped off either way, and even though we're all crammed together, everything is far away because of muh trees.

I like how there's just a square that's like "and this is where the proletariat shall work"

Its probably been looted decades ago

the more i look at petrzalka the less i dislike it tbqh
here is non commie part

>Cheap
>Parking Space
>Occasional recreational space (park)
>Ease of access

Those are the main reasons why commie blocks look like that.

They don't give a shit about looks they just wanted things to be functional and people to have where to live when they were not at work.

>t. Urban Planning and Engineering graduate working in the field trying to improve and change those obsolete structures and ideas

They had good intentions planning them by parks and facilities. Much better than the suburban sprawl in the West.

looks like a processor chip.
Creepy.

>proletariat
But that's a picture of American dream user.

I wish liberals knew about this, its a great place for the refurgies.

Why are they ghost cities? They don't seem like terrible places to live.

that town probably looks good pov

this isn't too bad. it looks like something i would make in Tropico

I bet the majority of GP-5 masks in circulation were looted from there.

Yeah but the term still fits
Doesn't matter if you call them plebs or goyim the gap is crazy

China builds random shit all over the world to make work places.

I fucking hate driving through your country

it's really not. If we like it or not, they're here to stay. We have problems with ghettos already, the last thing we need are more. I swear in 10 years we'll have banlieus like france here in germany, and nobody in charge will have seen it coming.

they build towns in barren land, nothing was there before, they didn't grew "naturally". They dont stay empty for a long time i think though, after 5 or so years they're usually full.

not as bad as other suburbs, but if i had the choice i would house the same amount of people in well designed commieblocks with large flats and use the area that is now free for a fuckhuge park.

These ones looks old school so it's kinda comfy.

>tfw when I own an entire box of 80-90's style GP-5 soviet gas-mask filters with no asbestos so I can cheeki and time I want to breeki

Large buildings used to have courtyards to make them nicer more open and liveable it had nothing to do with communism.

Then capitalism dominated the globe and now youre not allowed goy boy thats too fancy for you.

>cheeki any time I want to breeki*

dont believe jewish lies about so called ghost cities in china

news flash: chinks can build too you dont have to have a hook nosed financier to slap brick on mortar.

Cant beat that feeling of opening up a box of milsurp.

Mmmm I love that spell of cosmoline

Got to love that oily smell you get from old milsurp filters too. Mhmmm....
All the way from Lithuania and untouched :^)

this is industrial revolution/pinnacle pre-modernism city planning tier. It's for workers. blue/white-collar ones. More like the latter - there are backyard gardens.

also garden cities and circle patterns - > completely nightmarish designs.

blame modernism

^this shit is horribad.
like everything post-War.

Most commie blocks here have shelters. Some have "nuclear" shelters. I used to spend lots of time there when Serbs droped bombs on us. Good times

> Britain from Above
> American
> People who have at least somewhat of a garden and some privacy

yob tvoyu mat i swear 1952 blok is better))))))))))))))))))))))

But OP pic is a miners town in Siberia built from zero during the industrialization of USSR on permafrost inside the Arctic circle. Why do you expect some beautiful architecture from it?

Does any city in the US have this commie-block atmosphere?

New York?

Requiem for a dream comes to mind. I believe it was filmed in New York

Just go visit some section 8 housing

Brooklyn probably.

Yes. I grew up in a commieblock.

a clean neat blocks, oriented to maximise the natural light (my block is like that, it's a well planned interior layout and a surrounding buildings all make a sense from the functonal POV actually).
OP's pic? A modernist's wet dream, it looks good on the 2d plane but here? It looks absolutely rubbish. Not functional.

Nuff said.

>comfy Croatia block

while the residences in suburbs look very uniform, suburbs are designed to be purely about comfort, the houses are efficient, comfortable, well made, high resale value and located in areas of convenience

commie blocks are made to be toilets from the outset

east coast housing projects

They look like something deep mind coughed up.

Is that a garbage dump?

yes

>aberdeen trying to be funny

that gras that burns in stalker

How the fuck did a country so big and ingrained with military and war split apart in such a pathetic fashion. Was this Yeltsin/Gorbachev Jewing?

To be fair, there's not much sunlight anyway and winter 10 months per year.

>June

more US commie block shit

This looks menacing.
Reminds me of the game Mafia.

There's absolutely no trees or vegetation. That's really depressing.

>this is what americans actually believe

as hell, acoustic is excellent so you hear neighbours fucking, quarrelling, shouting, sometimes snoring, loud music (you know, bass is very important), dogs barking, children crying and dropping shit on the floor etc.

also it may be hot in the summer and cold in the winter, in the old ones you meet problems with electricity, you need a heater for water, the lift is broken often, and it invites you to get smashed between floors, some people spit on the moving doors

also if you cannot make to your toilet you piss in the ground floor, some people keep rotting things in the basement, there might be rats, sometimes they come out of the toilet

in the block you may have ants, cockroaches, pigeons shit on your balcony and wakes you up at 4:30 am

did I miss anything?

leaking roof? cracks on the walls? lime scale blocking pipes? Jehovah witnesses? eggs and potato sellers? chimney sweeps selling calendars and shit for luck? tons of ads in the mailbox? pungent smell of cucking food?

ok I am off

Here is something that you guys don't have but is very common here in hueland.
It's called "popular house". It's built for the poor people.
They are very small a very far from the cities.
Very sad.

at least you have a tiny-ass garden for bbq and releasing dogs and kids

ok, I have forgotten in the West kids are de mode

Another.

Some cultural difference. As i understand on the west people usually rent apartment. In Russia it is different apartments belong to inhabitants. Only around 15% of Russians rent them. Thanks to Yeltsin during privatization he granted state owned apartments to their inhabitants. You may accuse Yeltsin in many sins but one thing he had. The big heart and ability to make genial moves worth of great kings of the past.

I can't imagine jew Putin making similar present to Russian people. ("present" heh it is actually Russian people who built this houses). Current Russian government makes moves in the opposite direction to strip people from their housing property. Laws about de-privatisation and rising property tax (it already rose literally 100 times since Yeltsin and not going to stop).

Someone played too much monopoly I see.

Dense but nice
This is how it should be

Boris was a cool dude.
I remember that he used to walk very drunk on the streets of Moscow.