BREXIT BTFO

gowers.wordpress.com/2016/06/02/6172/

The debate is OVER. Cambridge maths GENIUS Fields medalist winner Timothy Gowers says he supports Bremain.

How the FUCK can pol justify supporting Brexit when everyone with an IQ confirmed to be above average wants to stay part of the EU?

Seriously, tell me why. Aren't you smart enough to be part of the upcoming technocracy? Do you know what other societies had a legendary intelligentsia ruling over a slave class? Ancient Greece. The USA's founding fathers. The elites have realised that this is how society functions best.

I guarantee you the average Sup Forumslack knows more about politics than some muh iq muh math literal who.

Unfortunately this.

Gowers is fucking amazing mathematician and infinitely smarter than any politician, but that doesn't mean he knows shit about politics.

Terrence Tao (greatest mathematician alive), just wrote a blog post about how trump is unfit to be president, and his evidence was a john oliver skit and a mitt romney speech (I shit you not)

Lol, another "scientist" who gets all his funding from the EU wants to remain. Just like Thunderfoot.

What a coincidence guys!

This is why the EU is sick to the core. It has taken these people hostage and forced them to betray their own honor for grants & funds. Break free while you still have some fight in you!

"MUH IQ"

He's a prof at cambridge, brussels isn't paying for that.

He's also won so many $ prizes throughout his career he probably doesn't need the university salary

Ever heard the terms: Too dumb for his breeches, or Book smart, but no common sense?

The trained intellectuals have a tendency to go along to get along because of their training to do so.

>This man is an incredibly talented mathematician, so OBVIOUSLY he's also an authority on LITERALLY every other subject

> be genius
> not heard of pizza problem of democracy

Le Pizza Problem
=============
- Get a group of people in a room.
- Give them a pizza menu and say:
"Order 1 pizza, your all happy with"
- Sit back and time how long it takes to order.

Researchers noticed:
- If you double the size of the group, it takes 4x as long to order.

- That past a certain point (about 14-16 people)... The group would never come to agreement, and never order a pizza.

There we're only 2 cases when pizza's we're ordered for larger groups...
It was because the person they gave the menu too, knowing their would be fights, removes the choice from the group and just orders tomato and cheese for everyone...

They noticed, in these cases...
- People we're happier when they didn't know they ad a choice... Certainly something plain, is better than nothing...

In this example, you see...
- Why modern democracy SUCKS... we're way past the point of getting a choice we're all happy with.
- Super states are a fucking stupid idea.
- How dictatorships can be a good thing.
- How "gluten intolerant" fucks need to DIE if they cant eat pizza... ^__^

Genius BTFO

>Seriously, tell me why. Aren't you smart enough to be part of the upcoming technocracy?

I simply want the British people to be ruled by representatives that the British people have elected themselves. I don't believe that any law governing the British people (or any other country, for that matter) should be made by people who are not a part of the nation's democratic process.

I don't understand why that's such an outlandish concept for some people to grasp.

>justifies a supranational organization because he claims it prevents bias
>admits bias himself
>not smart enough to see the bias in the EU

Truly a math genius

you are here with us.... forever

>middle class academic supports high immigration that's leaves him better off financially at the expense of the British working class
who would have thought

:(

I don't think any of that makes any sense. I don't even care about this stupid debate but that's a dumb implication to make about people who are at the top of their field intellectually

>and his evidence was a john oliver skit and a mitt romney speech (I shit you not)

Fuck me.
Oh well, as Sowell says you have people who are smart in one area and so people think they're smart in all areas, a big mistake.

IQ =/= Judgement

Get the fuck out.

>PHILLIPENIS
> INTELLECTUALS

You know, that experiment actually supports bremain more than brexit.

OP is good a sucking cocks so I value his opinion more than everyone else in this thread

Here's the thing, even if he was right on paper it doesn't mean he's right in general. He the same as any other isn't infallible, otherwise we wouldn't have seen things such as the financial crisis happen, ever.

Worse he's only looking at a small part of the picture, forgetting to factor in various other variables. You can see this mistake where migration to the EU is oncerned. They simply saw migrants and host nations as numbers, they expect them to act the same, behave the same, react the same and based all their projections on that.

They didn't. Not even remotely. Because things such as average IQ, ideology held by these people, cultural clash and so on where never part of the equation. Worse, many of them have a personal vested interest, they aren't part of the free market but profit from the current situation thus they're interested in prolonging it and keeping it going. It's like university professors who have themselves a cozy secure position advocating for "more immigration" while being some of the few who will only ever profit from it as it doesn't threaten them, at least till Mohammed kicks their door in, rapes their daughters and beheads them.

>appeal to authority

You can't even compete with my 99lvl autism, shill.

>math
>politics

Okay

I gave it a read. Pretty shite desu.

He ignores the practicalities of what is happening in Southern Europe.

He ignore the disaster of the current immigration situation and (more importantly) the absence of democratic accountability that led to it.

He ignores the need for competition and, predictably, just assumes that this leads to 'race to the bottom' rather than improved outcomes.

He ignores the fact that the parts of the UK that he has no affinity for are the ones who have paid into a system that has collectively supported him and others.

His arguments about the need for supra-nationalism, taken to their natural conclusion, all lead to one world government, but conveniently doesn't mention this.

He looks like an AIDS victim.

go on... how exactly?

It supports small regional governments imho.

Or are you saying EU is good because its a dictatorship...?

Fact remains, most brits want the same pizza topping... We have for years.
We're pretty good at getting pizza orders done over here...
Its the Fucking EU thats making it all difficult...

We're 1/7 of the population of EU... but get less than 1/28 the vote for pizza topping...

When the unabomber wrote his manifesto, were people saying

>wow, this guy is on of the top mathematicians and smartest people alive on the planet, we should really listen to him

[x] slag sacrificed
[x] epic comedy defeat by night show
[x] smartest man on planet says no

I am so sorry brothers but we all know the rules here, three strikes.

Sorry OP but #I'mABreleaver

>Penema
> criticising those who give them shekels

2/2 ugly math guys agree

The elite should be capable, intelligent, courageous and enact long term policies which the current crop of liberal ideologues aren't.

There's a reason that elites come from the warrior caste not the priest caste. Priest led civilisations turn inward and tear the civilisation a part from the inside with holiness spirals which is what is happening currently. Cambridge is the heart of Britain's priesthood.

>upcoming technocracy?

Incase you hadn't noticed, there is no technocracy upcoming. The cult of celebrity will be the next wave to hit politics in the UK now. Expect your politicians to get dumber, more media friendly, tanned, and botoxed in the next cycle.

To succeed in politics you need only 1 skill, the ability to accurate and quickly weigh political risk. Cambridge mathematicians need not apply.

>Do I trust our government not to succumb to these kinds of agreement-breaking temptations? Of course not. But more to the point, with a supranational body making appropriate legislation, I do not have to.

Do I trust that a democratically elected government can be held accountable? Of course not, but with a cluster-fuck of bureaucrats and self-appointed rulers I don't have to worry about that.

Who?