Remember Sup Forums Best Album of All Time Tournament?

strawpoll.me/12620419

This was really fun to be apart of. But it seems to have been forgotten pretty fast here. I couldn't even get a good quality image of MBDTF and ITAOTS facing off. So i used this instead.
This was back in march 2017. It's almost been a year since we've done this. Why doesn't Sup Forums do more fun stuff like this?

If I remember correctly, the radiohead and kanye subreddits got involved and ruined the whole thing

I'm surprised Spiderland won over Pet Sounds.

>He thinks Sup Forums can be insulated from reddit
The whole endeavor was quite grating.

>Kid A losing to MBDTF
>ITCOTCK losing to MBDTF
>Spiderland losing to MBDTF
And now it's losing to ITAOTS? What the fuck happened to Sup Forums?

>talking heads beat talk talk
>king crimson beat fishmans
>kanye beat slint

Things like this one is what i didn't have respect from MBDTF
Better than Kid A? Better than ITCOTCK? Better than ITAOS? Better than Banana? Is this a fucking joke?

>TVU beat Skinnny Fists
Permamad

>Good album beats bad album

Nothing wrong here.

ITS SPIDERLAND YOU FUCKEN LOSER MOTHERFUCKERS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Wow this is so nu-male

me personally i'd do it like this

Slint better than Pet Sounds AHAHAHAHAHAH

Not a bad idea. Shat out a quick template if anyone else wants to do this.

Dadrock sucks.

nice

This took for fucking ever but I finished it.

bump

>Jazz getting fucked

Wow. Shit taste.

ITCOTCK lost to MBDTF? I knew this board probably has a higher then average level of autism but i never expected it to be this bad.

this is where people pretend they've listened to every album on the list

Have you not?

That's less than a week of effort if you're NEET, a month if you're not.

>listen to every album on the list
>okay finally, time to cast my votes
>...I don't remember that album
>fuck I barely remember that album
>I remember this one was indie rock at least

not gonna lie, only listened to 14 of them

I said effort, not putting on albums and not paying attention to them. You can't just soak up the music through osmosis or some shit and expect to come out with a worthwhile opinion on it.

I feel like we should do this with the top 128 albums on RYM by different artists

Pleb. TVU&N is overrated as fuck. Influential != Good

>king crimson beat fishmans
why is this a problem?

Yeah, I mean I love Fishmans and especially 98.12.28, but the only thing on that album that comes anywhere close to ITCOTCK is Long Season.

slightly off-topic: those electronic drums on the first half 98.12.28 are literally impossible to listen to, otherwise it's a perfect album

ill do it, one sec

Mine is going to came out quickly don't worry

If you've been on this board for more than a year, which most people have, then you've probably given most of these albums a full listen. If you can't remember an album then that's your fault for having a shitty memory or not paying attention. I'm pretty sure I could remember what I liked/didn't like about every album I've ever heard.

How does Ziggy Stardust get beat by the fucking banana album?

Here you go

>tfw when both Ziggy and Banana are in your top ten and Banana is just one position higher than Ziggy

Yes, This is a good chart.

Thanks but i still feel bad that albums like The Queen is Dead, Pinkerton, Remain in Light and Sgt Pepper didn't get that far
The original chart is unfair as fuck

>Low End and Wilco is blank
Which one won?

Shit i forgot that one
Low End > Wilco

It's a very unfair competition, but the real way of doing it would require 8128 comparisons betwen a pair of albums.

This is just made for fun.

nah, dunno how long you've been on but i have a bunch of old Sup Forums album essential lists, they always had radiohead and kanye down as Sup Forumscore, right next to itaots and my bloody valentine

It was fun af. I remember the plan being to do one every year and eliminate the winner of last year. So if this happens again, we should ban ITAOTS and MBDTF from being in it.

What kind of music do you like?

I do remember that Kanye won which really hurt deep down.

Also correct.

I'd love to see ppl organize another tournament like this -- They're a lot of fun. Problem idk how people solve is that everyone is user and any rando could take charge.
I'd vote for a redo of artist/albums first since I don't trust the results of those from the first time (although for artist, I respect a showdown with Miles and Coltraine happening even if not my choices (Coltraine won if anyone didn't see)). Can we figure something out? Any way to get a blank slate of OP's pic?

Also s/t should have been the Velvet Undergound album to get the furthest.

OP here.
I also got the image of Best Song of All Time Tournament.
Sadly. I can't find the Best Artist one. But i remember Miles Davis winning.

Coulda sworn it was Coltraine. But I truest you over me. "I remember" > my "I'm somewhat sure"

Does it take a lot of work to make up a new tournament like this? there a program or website? Or did the tourney OP just put a lot into making it with Photoshop or Paint or whatever.

It wast's a fialist or quarterfinalist, but to be fair the final vote had the Kanye Reddit fuck it up. I'm pretending of the last 4, that VU&N won.

there we go

so anyone got a blank for bands, songs and/or albums? Easy enough to edit one to be another but idk how to make the massive tourney roster itself. If I did I'd totally start one up to see if people would get in on it.

Original OP probably used Paint. Really the painstaking part is putting all the covers and titles in the right place.
But the real trouble will probably be keep up with time and updating.

I have no life so maybe I'll give it a shot to recreate it via Paint/Photoshop (though I've tried several times to figure out how to make Photoshop work) if there's a chance that people will get into it. I'd have fun keeping charge/track of it.

Fuck, maybe I could take one of the finished ones and just crop out everything but the outline.Could be faster and also easier for a tech scrub.

Shit I could totally do it using this one. Just a lot of cropping first.

I 100% agree with this chart EXCEPT 21st Century Schizoid Man is better.

Thread's basically dead, but reply if you'd be into a tournament, and whether it should be albums or artists.

>When you have to correctly quick the squares with street signs FOUR times in a row to post. What possible reason for removing the old captcha?

Sup Forums doesn't have fun anymore.

I remember being the first OP of that before someone else started handling it. If we use the same method as last time, I could handle the album noms and votes if someone else wants to handle the image.

I'm working on the image now actually. Just made a separate thread to hopefully gather/judge interest.

didn't the best artist tournament end up getting hijacked by reddit? Iirc it was the Swans vs Bach round in particular that got it bad, even though none of the brigaded bands ended up getting anywhere and the final ended up being Coltrane VS Davis

Not as familiar with that one. Still cleaning up the best _______ tourney. Major question, do I get rid of the 4 holy critics in the middle?

Also just had to correctly fill SIX CAPTCHAS. A revolt needs staging between several at boards, at least

This
This other than Fishmans

here's how mine play out

How to tell pleb from patrician:
Plebs pick the seer over roforofo fight

Love Ween but idk about THAT high. Also CPU World over F#A#? I need to listen to that one.

Any other Kuti recs? Hear his name all the time, never his music

Remade this with low res pics

I think it's Robert/Roger Christgau, whose name I always get fucked up with Roger Ebert.

lets do another with viper albums

honestly it's been ages since I've listened to either CPU World of F#A# but I've been listening to TMM and TEE constantly lately so I'm biased towards Kraftwerk.

Coltrane won.

Had archived the full album tourney as well.