Is this right?

is this right?

Other urls found in this thread:

coconuts.co/jakarta/news/man-accused-stealing-speakers-mosque-beaten-burned-alive-angry-mob-bekasi/
theguardian.com/world/2017/may/09/jakarta-governor-ahok-found-guilty-of-blasphemy-jailed-for-two-years
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Should have a separate Slavic culture

>Brazil
>Western

>Turkey
>no Secular Islamic

>not a Central Asian culture

And, why the fuck is Commie a culture?

>Jordan and Lebanon
>Not put under secular

>Indonesia
>Secular islamic

coconuts.co/jakarta/news/man-accused-stealing-speakers-mosque-beaten-burned-alive-angry-mob-bekasi/

sure dude

Thailand, Taiwan and maybe Singapore, Hong Kong and Macau should be purple
Dominican Republic, Haiti and Jamaica should be western
Greenland should be western
There is not much cultural difference between Peru/Colombia and Chile/Argentina. Either make them all western or all spic.
Can't confirm but I think Brunei should be red

>albania ooga booga

you know what, I'll take it. I was gonna be disappointed if you put it as islamic

Not really, slavs are quite different as far as culture go depending on their east/west/south variants.

Also, if you're going to make South Africa green, may as well make Namibia and maybe Lesotho and Swaziland green too.

Please don't group all of the west into one. We are actually really diverse, especially Europe, and it's a good argument to bring up to regressives who want more diversity by making everything the same.

Not enough spics

>Vietnam not Communist
>Kazakhstan has its own culture
>Brazil, Suriname, Guyana, Chile are Western
>Dominican Republic not Hispanic

shit effort.

>And, why the fuck is Commie a culture?
usually Communism is seen as its own culture in these things because of how it changes every aspect of society (or at least attempts to), thereby shifting the country's culture.

1. No, "commie" isn't a culture.
2. Culture gives no crap about country borders.
3. Culture gives no crap about labels, you'll see plenty continua.
4. "Have their own culture" is a lazy way to avoid the above.
5. Even "spic" countries are far more Western than Amerindian. The Guyanas have Hindu influence. Madagascar is more like Polynesian influenced by Sub-Saharan than the other way around.
6. China is a clusterfuck. Ditto for plenty other countries.
7. Ukraine and Belarus are by no way "Western".

kys

no. russian youth consumes western culture mostly, loves western brands, music, films and sometimes even uses english words instead of the russian ones.
for the elderly it's the soviet culture instead but it is dying out of course.
there is no unique culture in modern russia

what are you objecting?

Te pones bien cachonda

no
g*rman abhuman

>spain
>portugal
>philippines
also, add pr and french colonies
pendejo

All those regions have diverse cultures, you just know the most about Europe
>Ghana and Madagascar
>Morocco and Kyrgyzstan
>US and Cuba

>haiti
>spics

Also, if you want to be a bit more objective, you can define some weighted criteria and use them to paint the map instead.

For example, when dealing with Western/Eastern Europe, it's helpful to see it as "Rome vs. Byzantium" spheres of influence - so you'd weight religion, language group and if the region was part of the WRE or ERE, for example.

China, Korea's, Japan and probably Vietnam should be sinosphere. Other than that, it's correct.

This wasn't religiously motivated, we just love to burn every accused criminals here
This pic is a motorcycle theft being burned alive

>We are actually really diverse, especially Europe
Lol

>spain
>portugal
>not spics

>spain
>portugal
¿?

>secular islamic

>Hispania
>not spic

Oh right my bad

theguardian.com/world/2017/may/09/jakarta-governor-ahok-found-guilty-of-blasphemy-jailed-for-two-years

This one is more accurate, fuck Jakarta and Jakartans

>Belarus
>Ukraine
>Western
Russia is western too then apparently

kys

India should be OOGA BOOGA because it is country of mongrels

Manolos get out of my country

Belarus and have more in common with the west then with Russia.

What city are you from m8? Are you muslim too?

Born in Jakarta but I'm Javanese and living in Semarang, I'd say I'm a cultural muslim

>so butthurt he won't even even type 'Ukraine'

We don't give a shit of communism through. Also North Korea is hardly communists, they follow Junche, a thing to allow Kim family dictatorship.

I think a good primary distinction that should weight a lot is the language family. From this map you can already divide the world into at least four cultural areas:
>Indo-European
>Sino-Tibetan
>Afro-Asiatic
>Niger-Congolese

Other languages can be inserted into those groups depending on influence - for example Finnish was influenced by IE, Japanese by ST, Khoisan by NC.

Then since IE is rather large, subdivide it further into
>Celtic, Italic, Germanic
>Balto-Slavic
>Indo-Iranian

Latin alphabet is also a major criterion for westernness imo

We aren't western, nobody here would consider our culture the same. We're far closer to colombia and paraguay than to european countries

>Indo-European
Ah, yes. The famous indo-russo-portuguese cultural continuum.

>Bangladesh
>Secular

I'd say Chileans are more spic (at least that's what the Internet shows me) and the British Guyana is rather Oogabooga.

Also Kazakhstan is basically Russia's son. Map could be reworked to turn slav into a color of its own, adding a lot of Eastern Euroepeans.

But the overall map looks alright.

Writing system (Hanzi vs. Greek+Cyr vs. Latin vs. Arabic), staple grain (corn vs. wheat vs. rice), religion (Dharmic vs. Abrahamic)... there are multiple criteria that should be weighted.

It is some sort of continuum - you won't see lots of differences between neighbouring populations, but those accumulate further you go.

Note however it should be only one of the things considered, for example you won't see a huuuuge cultural difference between Estonia and Latvia, even if one isn't even IE.

Cool. How is Aceh viewed by the regular person?
Do people want Shariah as bad as I hear on Sup Forums?

>and the British Guyana is rather Oogabooga
30% oogabooga, 40% whatever group India is.

>you won't see lots of differences between neighbouring populations
Finland, Russia and China are three countries with completely different cultures, without any similarities. Russia borders both Finland and China.

I'm talking about the IE continuum. Portugal W. Spain E. Spain S. France N. France W. Germany E. Germany Silesia E. Poland Belarus Russia.

However even if you consider Finland, Russia and China you'll get some sort of continuum if you look at the local populations. Karelians for example don't look that different from Estonians and Finns for example. Ditto for Buryatians, Mongols in Mongolia and Mongols in China.

Aceh is a black sheep in Indonesia, no one likes them, but I admire their resistance during Dutch colonial era tho
As far as I know, most conservative Islamist in Indonesia except Aceh couldn't care less about sharia law, I think their pretty much just like Islamic rednecks

*they are

euro, anglo, latin, slav, arab/jew, afro, hindu, asian.

Also, remember _countries_ don't have culture - _people_ do.

A country is just a government ruling over a territory and population. The population itself might have one or multiple cultures.

>thailand
>westrern
what did he mean by this?

>Kazakhstan is basically Russia's son
Don't talk to me or my dad ever again.

You ain't no son of ours

no, it's actually one of the worst maps I've seen

This.
People who think that modern Russia has its own unique culture are deluded.

>Albania
>OOGA BOOGA
lel

>thailand
>western

Thailand is the most degenerate shithole in Southeast Asia, thus belong to western culture

We're black, you filthy nazi racist!

actually, china and japan has the exact same culture you stupid fuck

fucking rape your own ass hypocrite chink
fuck off
asia only has unique cultures, but then for example africa is just fucking divided semi randomly. Africa should be purple.

Slovak language and culture is West Slavic but with many South and East Slavic elements, especially in the East.

He is the "Russia is Turko-Mongol" autist.

Why isn't everything purple?

as there is only slight differences in culture in is say Canada and The states

>secular isl*mic

topses

> R A R E

> N E W

It's Nepal you perkele, either its a proxy or legit, and as a real nigga hours Burger i'm taking my chances on it being legit

Don't try to lump us with you, Pedro. We don't decapitate people for having a better quality car unlike you.

t. indopoo

Then why put russia and belarus in different colors? It's just a really stupid category. Either you delete the category or you paint the whole map purple.

Russia and Belarus have different cultures. USA and Canada do not.

Canada and USA have different cultures too. All countries have different cultures. Belarus and Russia is about as dissimilar as Denmark and Norway.

We have dying USSR culture, and kinda dying Slavic culture, and all of that because of youth that consuming the western culture, even using English words instead of Russian words and I'm totally understand them, most of the modern Russian films are shit, most of the modern Russian music is shit, almost nobody even interested in modern Russian art and etc etc

>secular Islamic
Dumbest thing I've seen in a while

>russian youth consumes western culture mostly, loves western brands, music, films and sometimes even uses english words instead of the russian ones
Either chinese, japanese, korean ones and etc. Many countries in the world consumes western media. And what? Do they becomes western after that?
t. nikita sadkov

Hy и хдe я pycoфoб?
Пpocтo кoнcтaтиpyю фaкты

B-but I love you! You're second only to Mongolia-chan!

Canada, USA, Denmark and Norway all belong to the western civilization. Your cultures very similar to each other. Belarus and Russia belong to different civilizations, our cultures are not similar to each other. I don't know how to explain it in even simpler terms.

>Germs
>Not muslim
Shit effort tbqh

Too many selfhating. Of course current russian culture is mediorce, but it can't be called shit at all

Western Ukraine is western-oriented, but the Eastern one has a 100% russian identity (as well as Belarus).

Just because you want to put all of europe and northern america into "western civilization" doesn't mean the cultures are different. You clearly haven't lived here and seen the differences. You're dumb. I'm not going to reply to a dumbass anymore.Bye.

doesn't mean the cultures aren't different*

>Have their own culture
this is the most retarded post I've seen in a while

Turkey is more western than Suriname, South Africa and Brazil all together

>it can't be called shit at all
Yeah, it can. It's a shitty imitation of the western one. Doesn't make us western, obviously.

yeah, I'm kinda was out of line, sorry for that.

>seen the differences
Same religion, same artistic and historical heritage, same worldview, same media. You are even all speaking English these days. No special snowflakism for you, sorry.

technically i would say that most muslim countries are secular except of Gulf countries like SA, Qatar, UAE and Iran

Belarus and Ukraine are culturally close to Russia. No way they are Western.

Yes, it's very sad. In Russian Empire there was a culture, but it was destroyed by 70 years of total censorship and belittling of everything that goes beyond the narrow-minded worlds of the stupid proletariat; now the culture of Russia continues to destroy the celebration of egalitarianism, universal equality, mass culture from the West and the lack of alternatives for people who have creative and intellectual potential.

I confirm.

Entire Eastern Europe is not Western.

True Western countries in Europe:

-UK
-France
-Germany
-Scandinavian countries
-Netherlands
-Belgium
-Greece
-Italy
-Spain