Sherlock Series 4

DROPPED

>not dropping it after season 2 at the latest
wew tumblr

I legitimately enjoyed the Abominable Bride. It gave me hope that the show could redeem itself after that afull third season. My hopes were crushed last night, and now I'm seriously considering dropping it.

Series 3 episode 1 was the first bad episode

>now I'm seriously considering dropping it
Sorry, it's too late for that, you'll have to suffer with all of us

This.

I like the first two series, but series 3 jumped the shark hard. That dubstep bar crawl scene made want to vomit, not to mention that Magnessun mind-palace scene was atrocious by all accounts. I can't understand why shows do that, they start off with their own formula, gain popularity with that formula, and then reroute course to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

They had an episode about women killing men were all of them decided it was fine because it was just or something
What could happen in Season 4 that now makes you drop the series?

I almost dropped it after the "u go womyn" special but held out hope that the regular episodes would still be at least watchable. But nope.

>"it's a we're done, sherlock" episode

are they just going to do this every series?

sherlock was a mistake

I assumed you guys had no expectation for this series whatsoever and are just watching out of pure inertia.

At least that's what I am doing.

i expected it to be mediocre like the christmas episode. this was just fucking horrible

It's been three years since the shit series 3. I was hoping they'd get their act together.

No way that was 3 years ago

Sherlock has reached the point of no return. Many shows that extend beyond five or six seasons end up here. You can tell when a show has reached this point when the characters no longer feel like themselves because they have become nothing more than a means to advance the plot. In other words, the characters don't drive the story, the story drives the characters.

Series 3 aired in January of 2014.

Serves you right, you BBC cunts.

Case in point: John's cheating. In past seasons that'ssomething he never would have done because it's out of character for him. But now the writers have him do this because they feel like they need to balance out how horribly Mary has treated John by having John do something bad too. And it just doesn't work because John would never do that because of his preestablished personality. Not to mention that it in no way makes up for everything Mary has done to him.

>I legitimately enjoyed the Abominable Bride

Event beyond help pleb friends hated it. It was just too weird anyway and too focused on Moriarty who was supposed to already be gone

I'm willing try the rest of this season but if that woman on the bus is evil I'm done.

Yeah, this one was fucking terrible

The last episode was awesome, fellow earthlings.

It was no worse than season 3

>I legitimately enjoyed season 3

>not enjoying Sherlock's trip

If it was a season 1 episode she would have been one of Mycroft's agents luring John away for a chat

>enjoying them bringing back a dead character just so he can chew the scenery, wear a dress and lick stuff

At least Mary is dead.

>not watching the superior Sherlock

It will all be a ruse in service of some other convoluted bullshit

>Implying the fallout won't go on for the rest of the season
>Implying there won't be more DVD messages and people she used to work for

And now Watson's gonna be butthurt for the next 2 adventures

The dead character appeared like in 5% of the whole episode, dude
I mean it was an obvious we want the tumblr audience move, but I don't even remember him doing shit aside from falling down with Sherlock
The You gal was more memorable

Characters were closer to the books and the mystery wasn't another retarded shit... and then it went full retard with trip twist and killing is ok if it's for feminism sake.

What the fuck is a "viewing party"?

I dont know but wouldn't promoting this hurt your view count

friends gather to watch shit together... it's very modern

>view count
for that you need a counter and not many have those

Downloading 4x1 right now. What am I in for?

But it's all about the characters user!

1:30 hrs of something happening

>he liked Hounds of Baskerville

Let's be honest. At this point, only 5 of the 11 episodes are actually good; 6 if I'm being quite generous. That's an abysmal quality ratio for a show that is so convinced they only do 3 per season because "quality>quantity lol".

Are you retarded brits that say "Series" instead of "Season" ?

Yeah I did like it
>6/11
Yes the first 6 episodes

It's a retarded Brit show, I'm calling it as it is

Me after watching

I did like the water fight scene and the first 20-30 minutes where it was just Sherlock solving cases like he used too

Then that bitch Mary came into and it went downhill fast

Only redeeming factor was the water fight scene, pretty cool and intense And it kept me hooked

Battlefield Counterstrike is bad.

>mfw a character pulls a gun on another character
>mfw this happens almost every fucking episode and is the 'hook' of every fucking trailer they release

10 minutes of actual Sherlock then it becomes the Mary show

Could her death scene have been any more clichéd?

almost as funny as martin freeman's moment of "I'M ACTING"

>Sherlock and AJ fall through a glass window and fall into the pool, even though there was a load of floor space between the window and pool
>Mary teleporting in front of a speeding bullet
Which was worse?

>Joan makes Sherlock sandwiches
>he winces and goes to the kitchen to rummage through the fridge
dropped
not really, the mysteries are somewhat formulaic and not memorable save for a few episodes, but characters are great

No, but at least she kicked the bucket, this mary sue with all the family bullshit was what ruined season 3. Maybe things will get better from now on, but most likely the tumblr audience will cry for Molly x Sherlock relationshit, unaware that Molly is a representation of themselves, the boring wallflower who will never get the charismatic guy due to her lack of personality, forcing her to watch from the sidelines, or in their case from the screen of their television.

>highly trained international spies/hitmen/agents engage in a mexican standoff in a cellar hallway
>carbines pointed at every head
>nobody fires a single shot, nearly everybody walks away unscathed
>the same basic "standoff" is repeated in every single scene involving firearms
Moffatt is a hack. He appears to believe that human reflexes are faster than a lethal projectile exiting a firearm a few meters from the intended target.

The first one because at least the latter brought the death of the worst character.

It's what people with friends sometimes do.

>a critic praised the episode for feeling "very Bond overall"
But that's exactly the problem.

yep i totally started watching sherlock because i loved spy bond splosion shit and action

jesus fucking christ

>It is, of course, Cumberbatch's show
Thought it was Mary's show 2bh

Critics are shite, all of the early ones called this episode good.

...people do this?

The moment I realized the show was complete shit was the whole Mary is a secret agent/assassin storyline. So retarded. Apparently noone in sherlocks universe is just a person, they're all super genius secret hacker shooter schemer people.

bullet-time aside, has anyone addressed the fact that an autistic shut-in was somehow able to take on an ex-SAS geezer in hand to hand combat and avoid getting his arse handed to him spectacularly?

In fairness, Holmes turns out to be a hand-to-hand expert out of fucking nowhere in the original stories, too. It turns out he just read a bunch of booms and self-taught, or something like that.

Brett or Cushing?

*books

Pugilism was basically boxing, and apparently sherlock was an avid practitioner in the books. They showed that well in the robert Downey Jr films I thought.

Yeah, the incorporation of the fighting was the best part of the RDJ Holmes

Well, there was the whole part with Sherlock being a spy abroad.

livanov is truly the best sherlock, love the USSR film versions, it's one of the few great kinos my homeland the glorious Soviet Union had produced...

I think the justification is that his autism allows him to predict his opponent's every move.

Rathbone

>and here he looked tanned
Yeah and he should be pale or something, not looking like he just came back from a vacation

Nope. In the original he participates in boxing matches.

The critics almost unanimously praised The Abominable Bride, despite it being complete shite. Sherlock is the BBC's darling; none of the major critics are going to shoot it down.

Honestly those movies are pretty comfy even if they're basically bond movies/capeshit.

I miss dumb fun Sherlock, now it's some nofun feelies bs

John cheating is so fucking retarded

MEN ARE PIGS

Why do people hate on this episode again? I thought it was fine.

Barely any detective work in this Mary show.

Because it was shit

john cheating
le sherlock cheeky spy
the mary show

There wasn't anything bad about this episode. It was just so boring.

So will the black pearl thing be important in the next 2 episodes or was it really just a red herring?

the black pearl will actually be mary
she faked her death
she was working for moriarty all along

>dat ending
How the fuck did Sherlock not see that coming?

They're just copying what happened between them in real-life

at least with mary dead, her boring backstory can stop derailing the show

>Tumblr
>Wanting Sherlock to get with Molly

They want Sherlock and John to fuck so badly that they accuse the writers of "queerbaiting" every time they don't fall into bed together.

>he thinks mary is dead

user...lol

The qt at the bus stop was just one of Sherlock's brilliant disguises, employed as part of a devilish scheme to have Watson vigorously pound his boipussy

Since when were you under the impression the other 2 people in the unit are actually dead?

Nope, they're gonna make the entire series revolve around the fallout of her death and the rest of the team and such and so on, you wait and see

Oh, it was all a ruse, I see.