Papists say works are required for salvation

>Papists say works are required for salvation
>Orthocucks say works are required for salvation

Daily reminder that faith alone is required for salvation

Other urls found in this thread:

protestanterrors.com/#10
thecatholictreasurechest.com/errprot.htm
shamelesspopery.com/faith-alone-v-forgiving-trespasses-how-the-lords-prayer-contradicts-the-reformation/
catholiceducation.org/en/religion-and-philosophy/apologetics/5-myths-about-7-books.html
en.fairmormon.org/Criticism_of_Mormonism/Online_documents/Letter_to_a_CES_Director
theguardian.com/world/2015/dec/10/vatican-tells-catholics-not-to-attempt-to-convert-jews
cruxnow.com/church/2015/09/06/pope-opens-the-vatican-to-refugees-calls-on-europes-churches-to-follow-suit/
infowars.com/pope-francis-likens-jesus-to-isis-says-muslims-migrants-must-breed-with-europeans/
catholic.com/tracts/distinctive-beliefs-of-the-mormon-church
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

what is up with all these christian spamming the forum? i swear there are 7 or more christian threads up at any time?

its gotten to the point where its fucking spam

But that's not true?

>i don't have to follow any of christ's teachings only believing
This is what undevoted ketters actually believe

Daily reminder that faith alone is a heresy
protestanterrors.com/#10
thecatholictreasurechest.com/errprot.htm
shamelesspopery.com/faith-alone-v-forgiving-trespasses-how-the-lords-prayer-contradicts-the-reformation/

You should read James 2:26
For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

I wonder why Paul and James makes statements to the contary. If faith entails submission to Christ as well by one's own will then that already entails works.

They're a loud minority, just like the other leftists.

Does someone have yesterday's poll about non-believing conservatives at hand? Last I checked it was at 76:24 (over 150 votes) in favor of the non-Christcucks.

i like your style op

Being raised by German, Lutheran family, I was taught this from childhood, and intuitively...it just feels wrong.

So you are saying, one could cheat on his wife, abuse/beat the kids, (I'm pro-spanking for discipline) kick the dog, cheat on your taxes and steal from your employer...and all you have to do is say you believe, and all is forgiven?

It can't work that way.

In recent years I've turned my back on all denominations of Christianity, as evil has infiltrated them all.

>I wonder why Paul and James makes statements to the contary.

Consider the verse, "And if I should have prophecy and should know all mysteries, and all knowledge, and if I should have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing." 1 Corinthians 13:2 (St Paul). What is charity other than helping the needy? Charity is clearly considered among good works. And in the same Chapter we also see the verse, "And now there remain faith, hope, and charity, these three: but the greatest of these is charity." (1 Corinthians 13:13). This clearly puts charity BEFORE faith, so to say "faith alone" is all that is required of us is clearly contrary to Scripture.
Consider the verse, "And every man shall receive his own reward, according to his own labor." 1 Corinthians 3:8. Again this clearly does NOT refer to faith alone, but to labor, which is works.

So yeah, no contary here.

You should try Mormonism. They're pretty based when it comes to interpreting scripture. I was raised LDS and still think it has the post accurate interpretation of the Bible.

>Literally another, different gospel made by """angel"""
>accurate interpretation

I'm talking about the Bible. Not the Book of Mormon. Bible=/=Book of Mormon

Great thread. The Lutheran Church is so wonderful, distancing themselves and outright attacking their own founder for the book "ON THE JEWS AND THEIR LIES."

the've also done a wonderful job importing thousands of somalis into Maine and Minnesota and turning them into 3rd world no-go zones in some parts.

I especially love when the Lutheran sucks try to say Luther didn't really mean what he said..."On the Jews on Their Lies" is very hard to interpret what he meant.

Advice-- don't come here spouting random shit you just read on Tumblr when you in reality haven't a clue what Lutheran have been doing for the past 70 years.

>Something given to man by an angel is heresy
Throw out your Bibles everyone!

>dead faith

Whoops. If scripture is your only source maybe you should look at it a little more instead of shitposting

Salvation is through faith alone but true faith is bound to bear good fruit (works). t: Lutheran

based Martin "Jew Remover" Luther

Faith entails works. If you believe in God's Word then you must do as He says.

Now get out of here, heretic.

Thank you based user, searched for a paraphrase like this

Faith alone is required , but faith is apparent through works.

I am on your side but thanks for the verse.

That entails an active faith which is the motivator for works to be done. If this faith comes from one's own free will, it entails effort and works on its basis. If not, then it entails that God must do something such that the individual have faith and does works in return, without having any say or consent in the matter

Do none of you cucks understand that all Luther really accomplished was to start an avalanche that made Western Christendom less united, far weaker, led to horrible religious wars that lowered our population, and made Europe more vulnerable to attacks by the Saracen?

Luther is directly responsible for the cucking of Christianity. Without Luther, no Calvin, no Cromwell, and the Jews would never have been allowed back in the UK for one.

Luther led Western Civilization to where we are today-- being overrun by Muslims with nothing to unite us.

But Luther spoke the truth...

I have a friend getting more into religion and distancing himself from a Lutheran Church as he goes. They've been participating actively in pride and other ventures.
I keep a bible on me man but fuck church. We're organized through spirit not hallowed halls. My salvations between me and God, not yall. I talk to spirit alot more than I read and it's made me a better person. Theory is for academia and kids that got cut from sports teams. Live a good life and help your kin. If you're a minority help your brothers. If you're not, give your neighbours kid a job, not a wad of cash for his 18th.

Rare and cool flag

I thought of it, I like the teachings of the Old Testament included in Christian teachings, but seeing Mormonism was created in NY in the 20th century lacks a certain authenticity.

The only true way should have been Orthodox Christianity...but there is no chance of that with their, even more, insane teachings, today.

rare

Golden plates or GTFO

Pretty much this.

>Daily reminder that faith alone is required for salvation
Faith AND works are required for salvation. A serial killer-rapist who believes in God will burn in hell. People who preach, but don't do will also burn in hell.

You can't just live a life of a degenerate, then ask for forgiveness on your deathbed, and assume that you'll be entitled entry to paradise. No reward comes without sacrifice.

And that's why you Protestants will burn in hell.

So i can be an active murdering rapist and as long as i beleive really really hard im good?sweet, brb...

>scripture is sacred!
>removes the books he doesn't like

what a hack

>questioning what's with Christians posting on Sup Forums
>forum
You're not from around here, aren't you? Sup Forums has always been, always is, and always will be a Christian board.

>and all you have to do is say you believe
No. Saying you believe is not the same as believing. You have to actually believe. And remember that in the medieval era the word believe was not used as we would today when we say "I believe the Yankees won the 1927 world series." it's more of a "to whom do you turn for help? Who can deliver you?" kind of thing

Think though about the nature of forgiveness. Forgiveness isn't for the innocent, it's for the guilty. The very nature of forgiveness is not holding people accountable for their actions. Christians seek forgiveness of sins, not to compensate God for sins. Belief that you are capable of making up for your sins is blasphemous, as it contradicts the necessity of Christ's sacrifice on the cross.

Jesus validated the hebrew canon, not the septuagint.

You do you. Modern establishments seem more like fronts now. Mega churches are disgusting. I'm not gonna listen to a paid Pastor.

Mormonism was an attempt to bring back the church as it existed in the time of Christ. In a way Mormonism is Orthodox Christianity. You should read the site Fair Mormon if you want in-depth analysis of the Church's teachings. They even have pages dedicated to debunking all the ridiculous lies about the Church. Keep in mind that the LDS church is true Mormonism so don't get it mixed up with other denominations.

Even if you can get some parts right you still accepted this false prophet lies and that is even more disgusting than pure anti christian doctrines.
Can you read? ANOTHER, DIFFERENT GOSPEL

I agree with you but your view is contary to the biblical world and that of early Christianity

Is this an OC or has there been a Christ-chan anime?

catholiceducation.org/en/religion-and-philosophy/apologetics/5-myths-about-7-books.html

Myth #2

The Lord's Prayer......was part of the Law......under the Old Covenant......

You enter into the New Covenant by faith alone.

You papists and papist lites have a rude awakening coming.

Paid pastors are scriptural. He who works fulltime for the gospel should earn his (modest) living with it.

1. Corinthians 9: Who goeth a warfare any time at his own charges? who planteth a vineyard, and eateth not of the fruit thereof? or who feedeth a flock, and eateth not of the milk of the flock? Say I these things as a man? or saith not the law the same also? For it is written in the law of Moses, Thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn. Doth God take care for oxen? Or saith he it altogether for our sakes? For our sakes, no doubt, this is written: that he that ploweth should plow in hope; and that he that thresheth in hope should be partaker of his hope. If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things?

1. Timothy 5: Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine. For the scripture saith, Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, The labourer is worthy of his reward.

Mormonism is Islam for whitey.

Yes, the world was in darkness when the popes chained the bible to the pulpits.

You're in a shitty cult. Read the CES letter and GTFO.

Most scholars agree that the NT authors cite and use the LXX. Paul also shows infleunce from the deuterocanonical book of Wisdom

And yet, Paul remained a tent maker.

All heretics must hang.

Matthew 23:35 "That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar."
This shows that Jesus used the hebrew canon which has the same books as protestant canon but in different order, genesis being the first and 2 chronicles the last.

Hang Paul first

>You enter into the New Covenant by faith alone.
Jesus say otherwise. You heretics gonna burn hard.

>Anti-Christ Doctrines
I know a site that can debunk this
Fair Mormon.

Refute James, and consequently Jesus, then heretic.

Too late, Paul is Dead.

"Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel."
Paul remained tent maker from his own volition but did not demand the same from others.

CES Letter Debunked
en.fairmormon.org/Criticism_of_Mormonism/Online_documents/Letter_to_a_CES_Director

Protestantism is almost Islam tier retarded.
But at least the founder of the cult wasn't a pedophile gangleader, so there is that.

I can't argue a mans full time job. But how many are both devoted full time, and not using religion to make money be it in sales or a false donation in the name of acceptance, not to ensure the holy leader survives?
Christianity isn't the only belief system I take from, it is the only abrahamic though. Mock my chakra books or my smudging all you want. I know I'm connected to something* above me

Have you read this site Apostoles used those 7 books for sure. So logically Jesus, as their teacher, do it too.

That says nothing about the canon which the NT authors show preference for the LXX and infleunce as we see in Paul. Any notion of a canon in Early Christianity is one that is fluid with open edges and a core set of agreed books. This is why different fathers all have differing views on what the canon is. The duterocanon is accepted to varying degrees and there are some NT books being disputed

Dude. You Mormonism is a heresy. It always have been. Galatians 1:8

>every tree that does not bare good fruit shall be cut down and thrown into the fire
- Jesus

>show me your faith without works, and I'll show you my faith by mv works
- James, brother of Christ and head of church in Jerusalem

>But Luther spoke the truth...
He did, as far as Jews. And now his own followers have officially condemned the words of their own founder, and their chief activity now is importing Somalis into White areas of the US.

Look up "lutheran charities, somalis" and see what you turn up..

But that clearly say the gospel has to different to be heresy. You have an incomplete understanding of LDS doctrine which falls perfectly inline with all established doctrine.

Hat tipper safe space has been violated. OP better include a trigger warning next thread.

>not by works if righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us
- Paul, the first apostle to preach to the filthy goyim

Let me differentiate that Paul's definition of works is following religious sacraments and practices as a means to heaven, while James' definition of works is doing good ("perfect and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this - to visit orphans and widows in their distress...")

Cuckolics think keeping sacrements will get them into heaven, but its helping others selflessly like the good samaritan, that will demonstrate their true faith.

>Implying that catholics are better
theguardian.com/world/2015/dec/10/vatican-tells-catholics-not-to-attempt-to-convert-jews
cruxnow.com/church/2015/09/06/pope-opens-the-vatican-to-refugees-calls-on-europes-churches-to-follow-suit/
infowars.com/pope-francis-likens-jesus-to-isis-says-muslims-migrants-must-breed-with-europeans/

But your gospel is different. Your theology is different. You rites are different. Your traditions are different. And so on catholic.com/tracts/distinctive-beliefs-of-the-mormon-church

>i don't have to follow any of christ's teachings only believing

False its just that you don't need a priest as intermediary talk to god (the Catholic church says you do)

As a Congregationalist i can pray any where. I am not required to go to a certain building at a certain time to talk to God or J.C.

>(the Catholic church says you do)
False

>forum

Fuck off funnyjunk

>Catholics think keeping sacrements will get them into heaven
True. We fallow orders of Christ.
,>but its helping others selflessly like the good samaritan, that will demonstrate their true faith.
True. And we do it.

>(modest)
>personal jets
ok, buddy

Just treat everyone bad and be faithfull.. This doesnt work. Faith will afect your doings aswell.

>Americans
>Degenerate
Choose two

Since you protestants love scripture so much:
14 What does it profit, my brethren, if a man says he has faith but has not works? Can his faith save him?[a] 15 If a brother or sister is ill-clad and in lack of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 So faith by itself, if it has no works, is dead.

18 But some one will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I by my works will show you my faith. 19 You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe—and shudder. 20 Do you want to be shown, you foolish fellow, that faith apart from works is barren? 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he offered his son Isaac upon the altar? 22 You see that faith was active along with his works, and faith was completed by works, 23 and the scripture was fulfilled which says, “Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness”; and he was called the friend of God. 24 You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone. 25 And in the same way was not also Rahab the harlot justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way? 26 For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so faith apart from works is dead.

The bible couldn't be clearer.

>salvation is a gibs me dat
Yeah you're a protestant all right

Would not faith automatically make you do the works though? Protestants sound like a lazy heretics. Hurr I believe so i won't do anything lol god you own me already why bother.

What exactly does "works" mean?

So you couldn't feed the world by selling the Vatican?

Living how God wants you to live. Doing kind things for others. Being a good person.

That's not in the Bible

>Protestants sound like a lazy heretics.
that's because they are.

James 2:14-26

Or are you complaining that I didn't use KJV?

>Don't be a good person, Jesus will save you either way
Dumb.

Because they are lazy heretics

This is a Christian board, founded on Christian principles.

So basically you can do whatever you want, God/Jesus doesn't care about any of that, only whether you have faith or not?

In other words, a guy who rapes kids will go to Heaven because he has faith, whereas someone who regularly helps other people and leads a good life will go to Hell just because he has no faith.

This interpretation of Christianity is vile to the core and I have known too many Protestants with this logic. It's a lot like Islam!

Idiot. If you're gonna believe in stupid shit, at least read the fuckin book.
kek

Ctrl + f "grace"

I'll pray for you all.

>(the Catholic church says you do)
>False

Catholic know so little of their own faith, can you atone for you sins with out a priest?

You probably don't even understand that in the Catholic Church communion means you are literally drinking Christs blood

That is some twisted apologetics in that image.

>wealth of a 1000+ year institution accumulated from mindfuckery
>muh charities in the US
>God will only come to a pretty house
>claims ostentatiousness is minimal
>provides no evidence to assert that claim

You better have faith. It's works like these that condemn all you idolaters and pederasts to hell.

James says that faith without works is dead. Not that the works justify the person, but that the works validate the faith. Good works are fruit that provide evidence for the faith that brings salvation.

One can be fairly certain that someone who claims Christ, yet lives in utter depravity does not have faith that God's path is the most satisfying or that Christ is truly the Savior of men.