Can you rec more summery and chill beautiful music like MGMT? Currently my favorite band and the new album is awesome

Can you rec more summery and chill beautiful music like MGMT? Currently my favorite band and the new album is awesome.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aggWrdPJOk4
youtube.com/watch?v=kn12rmIPPws
youtube.com/watch?v=YkbWPwmEudQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Self-titled is trash, though.

You’re trash.

Tame Impala's newer stuff I guess

Post MPP Animal Collective

Mac Demarco

pleb

I would say they are the spiritual successors of the flaming lips so check them out for sure.
Yoshimi and Soft Bulletin are good starts

if you like LDA you'll like this

before you do just know that the guy is playing a character and he says PUSsy in basically every song

someone tell me whats the meme about selly field thanks mu luv ya

>wattd

when i was in a summery/chill mood i used to listen to crystal fighters a lot, especially star of love, and pretty much anything by manu chao.
also empire of the sun's walking on a dream, but that's because i'm a faggot

This and beach house

Thanks for the trigger warning Anita

thanks for getting offended, Dad

I have loved MGMT for a solid ten years this year. I am more excited for this album Friday than I have for any album since 2015.

In retrospect, I thought they were just really catchy back when. I have grown to appreciate them more than most other rock bands of the 21st century so far.

Forgot to rec an album. McCartney's 70s stuff and 70s/early 80s Sparks are both the places to look.

Panda Bear, Animal Collective, The Beatles, Donovan, The Zombies, The Millennium

So what is "this"?

>too retarded to reverse image search

b8
congratulations anything other than 10/10 is contrarian

Spectacular Oracular being anything other than 9/10 is contrarian

the congratulationsfag's ego is THIS fragile

I still haven't listened to this band because part of me feels like they're just pleb Animal Collective imitators and AnCo is my favourite band. Are they actually any good?

yes

they are absolutely nothing like Animal Collective. They both make psychedelic pop music but their approaches are radically different

>tfw people always forget the comfy album

nothing similar you moron

Actual pleb

>Congratrulations > MPP > LDA

Part Time is underrated as fuck and if you like the 80s aesthetic of LDA it'll be up your ally
youtube.com/watch?v=aggWrdPJOk4
youtube.com/watch?v=kn12rmIPPws
This album is the one I'd start with but I love literally all his stuff, perfect for smoking a joint at 1pm on a weekday

Also the Time to Pretend EP, Destrokk and Indie Rokkers are two of my favorite songs by them

The only answer

This album really isn't that hooky or fun from what I can remember, it's just kinda pleasant noise, the stupidly loud production makes it impenetrable, and not in an MBV comfy blanket way, more like a crunchy mess coming out of a shitty PA

John Maus

debut is good nostalgiacore but doesn't hold up as well on its own
Congratulations is great
s/t is decent. it's not as bad as people like to say it is but it's not anything spectacular
haven't listened to the new one
>he doesn't like selly-ester watts fields

The new one is definitely worth listening to if you liked any of the older stuff, it's their most poppy since Oracular but it doesn't have a radio sound, just goes full 80s mostly, except some of the tracks Ariel Pink co-wrote which are in the Congratulations vein.
It's at the least very solid and if you like stuff in that little John Maus-type genre you'll probably adore it

thanks this is nice

this. if you like more synth-y stuff(in general), try out currents. if you're more of a rock guy, try out lonerism. but they're both good psych albums, i don't have a preference.
if you REALLY like both of those albums, try out innerspeaker. it's an okay album, and it does have merits, but kevin parker hadn't come as much into his own yet.

what 2015 album were you hyped for?

Congratulations has a couple songs that sound similar to mpp. Other than that dont really sound the same. Congratulations and LDA are good. Ignore the rest
Sorry dude but mpp shits on both even though theyre all good

the sparks are underrated

/thread

best answer

ITS BECUZ JUST BECUZZZ JUST BECUZZZ

>inb4 "ezra is pretentious soyboy"

Atlas Sound

Part Time
Wild Nothing
Cut Copy
Neon Indian
Still Flyin'
Empire of the Sun
Washed Out
!!!

agreed unironically

only chain music store got 5 of these for all of western Canada on release, all 5 at the same store
even though he opened for the entire arcade fire tour

>Cont'd
STRFKR
Toro y Moi
Blackbird Blackbird
Beach Fossils
Monogold
Balue

>awkward sounding noise pop is better than some of the tightest psychrock ever made

LDA = congratulations + oracular, basically. Pretty good album I'd say.

>JAMES
>MY LITTLE DOLL

Gib album name pls am pleb

obvs

This album cover is literally soybeans.
wew.

>Being this gay

youtube.com/watch?v=YkbWPwmEudQ

Trust me

This is summery chill and beautiful but it might be the opposite of what you're looking for