You know they would be God-king tier and universally revered if they erased the comedy from their music. What a waste

You know they would be God-king tier and universally revered if they erased the comedy from their music. What a waste..

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OMwV-6PR9_4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

comedy in their music is part of the appeal, just like in Zappa's music

I totally get that but can you imagine replacing their lyrics with something meaningful and serious? It would be unbelievable

Lyrics are overrated. It's much more interesting and impressive to be entertaining with meaningless lyrics.

Ocean Man and Buckingham Green are unironically the two best tracks.

The entire charm of Ween has to do with them not caring about the listener at all.

it's actually The Mollusk and Cold Blows the Wind, but the guitar solo in Buckingham Green makes it a close third.

Close. It’s actually The Mollusk and Mutilated Lips.

their lyrics aren't meaningless

what isn't meaningful and serious about feeling the relief of something humorous

But they tried that with parts of White Pepper and Quebec and those are two of their weakest albums.

All lyrics in music are meaningless. They should be taken as two separate things. One is poetry, the other is music.

UM ACKSHUALLY

The Mollusk -> who cares

I wouldn't like them as much probably, I love the fact they are often lyrically embracing the absurd and humorous, I wish more bands included even subtle comedy in their lyrics

>White Pepper
>weak

STOP HAVING OTHER OPINIONS THAN I DO

It’s not weak in general, it’s weak for a Ween album.

the pod>all

do you consider It’s gonna be alright silly? That had “serious” lyrics and there are plenty of other examples.

Pod is shit. Their best album is GWS

If I wanted to listen to some lo-fi Ween i’d pop in the Caesar demos or Pure Guava

GIMME THAT Z

>they cut down Buckingham Green from the original

No I don'tr consider that silly, it's a great track for that reason - they could have easily put some weiner poopy jokes over the track and it'd be another ween song I gloss over.

the pod is the most consistently prolific but you're not wrong

HOT OPINIONS COMING THROUGH

Funniest Ween songs is Nan.
Saddest Ween song is She Wanted to Leave.

O
L-O-F-T

Even moreso
>Quebec
>weak
how tho

Yeah I see what you mean, but I think the scarcity of more serious songs makes them more refreshing. I don’t think there are any Ween songs I gloss over because of silliness, they all have something interesting.

Terrible opinion. Leave immediately

They have meaningful lyrics, you just have to dig deeper, friend

I respect your view and will revisit them with a more open mind :^)

lyrics aren't important

I cannot identify with people who put no importance on lyrics

I mean we are on a totally separate astral plane so let's just not talk to each other ok

But it wouldn't be Ween.

6 of the tracks are disposable snoozefests.

I like Ween more than you.

if you say one of them is Fancypants I'm going to fight you

Okay :(

No, that one is excellent.

Left out some of the best material in the Caesar Demos like She Caught my Fancy and That Man from the Flatland for the goddamned f*ucked jam

which ones, I only disliked two of them, and one of them was fucked jam

It’s Gonna Be a Long Night
Among His Tribe
Tried and True
Captain
The Fucked Jam
Alcan Road

THE VOYAGE TO THE CORNER OF THE GLOBE
IS A REAL TRIP

i imagine it's gonna be a long night as a grandfather introducing his grandson to the night of incestuous sex and doing speed, all because i keep mishearing two lines:
>take off your clothes
>i'd heard it all before you were conceived

The Fucked Jam is the worst on that list. The rest are fine.

Ween actually hate zappa and hate being compared to him

>The rest are fine
No.

who cares what the artist thinks lol to me they're similar to Zappa

I agree with Alcan Road and the Fucked Jam
but booooooi, you don't like tried and true and It's Gonna Be a Long Night? How does it feel to not feel joy?

I feel joy when I hear songs that are actually good.

You clearly don't

Hopefully someday you’ll learn.

youtube.com/watch?v=OMwV-6PR9_4

If this was second to last, with Ocean Man being the closer, I could see it working. But with She Wanted To Leave it would just make the album drag way too much

that's ok I don't talk to kendrick fans anyway

And Eulogy for David Anderson!

>thinking I like niglet lemar
*leans into mic*

any more edges and you'd be a perfect circle my dued

No they wouldn't. Genre bouncing from song to song (or album to album) but mastering none of them isn't a formula for popularity.