Psychological Thriller/Horror

Psychological thriller/horror movies are my favorite. Just watched The Gift last night and it was fantastic, super gripping. I watched Jacob's Ladder a few weeks ago and that one was alright too. Got any other good thriller recommendations? I'm open to movies that are more on the horror side too as long as they aren't retarded or purely jumpscare/slasher movies.

Enemy

ill warn you this is the best its gonna get...

Some good ones I've seen are like Silence of the Lambs and Se7en. Prisoners was pretty great too

Is Villeneuve the king of tension? Enemy, prisoners, sicario, arrival. all of his movies are so intense.

That's hardly worth a warning. The Thing is fucking fantastic. Nothing to be warned about.
The original Saw is kind of a thriller. The atmosphere and tone is good in that. Let's see, other thrillers...
Are both correct.

No Country for Old Men is also a great thriller.

wow very obscure recs you got there.

Anyone seen this one? I've seen it floating around but never tried it

i meant once you watch it no other thriller tops it.

Oh, yeah definitely hard to top. I've seen that movie 10 times at least and its always just as thrilling and intriguing.

Dead Ringers
The Brood

The Game
The Usual Suspects

If you liked The Gift then I think you'll definitely like Spoorloos (The Vanishing)... just stay far away from the American remake.

It's also easy to forget who goes first in some scenes. Making it still a little surprising.

EXCELLENT suggestion. Always forget about this little gem.
Funny Games is great at tension too.

The Conversation
Cache
Fail-Safe
The Offence

and +1 for , Kubrick once said this was the scariest movie he ever saw.

The Conversation is G O A T

It's pretty good

seconding both

don't listen to these guys

all great

Not really psychological but the movie that had the most suspense in the past year is Green Room. I usually dont get emersed into a movie but this had me on he edge of my seat the entire movie. Even after seeing it a second time I was still nervous watching the tension build up.

Eyes of my mother

Audition

Kairo

The invitation. Its on netflix rn. Pretty gud

came here to post this

Not sure if it's pure psych thriller, but one of my personal favourite movies is triangle. Pretty good movie and a good solid premise to it.

lackluster

Anyone seen The Guest? Seems pretty similar to
the Gift and it seems to have good reviews

this

it's ok

Was he /ourguy/?

The Guest

this was pretty crap. really dont know why everyone keeps recommending it

fail-safe fucked me up pretty good

also features a most satisfying literal bitch slap in cinema history

Should I watch The Gift or The Guest first ?

The gift, definitely

Much better than Drive

The Guest is superior in every way

Worth it for the soundtrack alone.

This

Thank you for your help...

The entire movie is just the power fantasy of someone who got bullied in high school.

Never seen it, but if you were comparing the Gift and the Guest how does it compare in terms of tension. The gift had me at the edge of my seat constantly

The Guest is nail biting in its intensity