Were there even any AT-STs in Rogue One at all? What is RedditLetterMedia on about?

Were there even any AT-STs in Rogue One at all? What is RedditLetterMedia on about?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i9-vP7kJheI\
youtu.be/AvsiJppCdmk?t=171
youtube.com/watch?v=odj6NHsWe00
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That was literally the most reddit behavior I have EVER seen. I unsubscribed and closed the video right then and there.

TIGER-TANK, TIGER-TANK, TIGER-TANK, TIGER-TANK, TIGER-TANK, TIGER-TANK

So just one, with less than 5 seconds of screen time. That was enough for RLM to make a gag of it.

Does it trigger you?

>Oh shit there actually was one, what do I say now?

Kek delete your thread and never come back

Redditors detected

>all the Syrian war imagery in this scene

What did they mean by this

"Free" "Jedhan" "Army"

yeah but there weren't any AT-ATs

They're fucking AT-ACTs and I would think that the nitpicky Plinkett would know his SW lore enough to say that.

FUCKING DROPPED

That is the whole point.

The whole movie is filled with 5 second cameos from old characters and props for the fans to yell I RECOGNIZE THAT OMG I RECOGNIZE IT

At one point Diego Luna literally bumps into an old sw character and slowly turns around just for maximum fan service.

Who does Spielberg think he was fooling with that? We all know he's just doing it for the WWII nostalgia, there's no reason to put a tiger tank in a movie set during that period.

>missing the point that hard

>5 seconds of an AT-ST is too much fan-service
>Downed Imperial-class Star Destroyer and AT-AT on Jakku, X-Wing flight helmet, holo-chess, melty Darth Vader helmet, Millennium Falcon, Luke's lightsaber, and bigger, badder Death Star are fine

>Adored Episode 7 as everything a Star Wars film should be
>Loathed Rogue One for its references to older films

>"Just cut out all the space battle shit."

Victory by forfeit.

Have you bothered listening to him talk about the force awakens post the HitB episode? He doesn't think it's even close to everything a star wars film should be

Most of your points (besides the holo-chess and bigger badder Death Star, those are inexcusable) have an actual reason to be in the movie to further detail a character without the need to say a line about their "past".
The downed AT-AT tells you about a big battle that happened and the Rey's aspirations with the X-Wing flight helmet.
The melty Darth Vader helmet further details Kylo Ren's character and his aspirations etc

So it's okay for Rogue One to put all the fan service in it just because you knew beforehand that it will be set before ANH?
If you knew that TFA will be a ANH rehash that would be passable also?

Here's a wild suggestion, why didn't they simply make a new movie wow I'm crazy right

youtube.com/watch?v=i9-vP7kJheI\

for those who havent seen it yet

>Jedah
>just a d from Jeddah, the saudiarabian city
What did they mean by this?

>Jay getting triggered by Blue Milk

>there are starwars fanboys that got hella triggered by this review on this board and literally CANT stop making threads

why the fuck do i even come here anymore

When did Sup Forums start taking RLM's obviously over the top jokes so fucking seriously? What a bunch of whiny cunt babies you all are.

I'm a cynical fuck and I cant even follow this anymore

The issue in this context, though, is that RLM took exception with Rogue One for doing that, but had no problem with The Force Awakens following the exact same course (and perhaps going further, having effectively repeated the same story told in Episode IV.

youtu.be/AvsiJppCdmk?t=171

Ditto, actually. They've been going downhill for a long time and this was it for me.

Your movie sucked, please be understanding and move along, don't clog up the intertubes

Using the bad rebels to demonstrate that being on the ragtag anti-government side doesn't automatically make you a good guy distanced the mythos from the uncomfortable Isis/al-Qaeda parallels imo

>being this right

>post the HITB episode

It's not the content of the joke for me, it's the content. The at-st thing felt like an admission that they just can't be bothered to improve or write something funny, so they have to resort to spastic anti-humour.

>it's not the content of the joke, it's the execution

Fuck, fixed

They were making fun of other youtubers that just act like over excited retards at the sight of anything Star Wars related.

That and the fact that nobody gave a shit about the main cast and went out of theater going "Dude, did you see the AT-ATs and C3PO and R2D2 was there and Ponda Baba had a cameo! Man, Darth Vader was so cool slicing up those guys and young Leia was there!"

Donnie Yen's character was the only one I liked but he only gets one scene of him being the blind warrior then gets stuck just sitting around until he pulls a lever and dies at the end.

This is fact. I haven't seen the movie yet, but when I ask anyone about it they immediately say something like 'it's worth it for the last ten minutes alone. It really nailed what fans want.'

No mention of the story, new characters, other action, etc. Just the Vader scene (and I guess everyone dies?)

>R1 is entertainingly shit
>Fun threads to shitpost about it
>People like RLM and Jenny Nicholson make entertaining videos making fun of it
>Youtube comments and Sup Forums making triggered posts to entertain me further
Star Wars is the gift that keeps on giving

DEATH STAAAAAAAAAAAAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yer a faggot
>This is fact

>I haven't seen the movie yet, but
gee willikers, it's like people are being considerate and not spoiling shit for you, seems like you went out of your way to say you already the end and spoiled it for yourself, and they wanted to get you excited for the movie by saying it's worth it to the very end.

Are you autistic?

ROdditors will be in damage control mode for now on.

youtube.com/watch?v=odj6NHsWe00

I fucking hate movies, but I come here anyway to watch all the shit flinging

Do you guys realize the more you bitch about RLM the more Sup Forums posters end up watching their shit?

Sad!

I like fan service. It reminds me of things I've already seen before instead of watching a movie with its own original concepts and ideas and remembering fondly for its own unique iconography.

TFA sucks
Rogue One sucks

Fucking move on. Half this board is fucking Star Wars

Right now half the board is livid that Mike has said that TFA sucks less than R1, when most of the board thinks that R1 sucked less than TFA. How can we ever move on?!

But VII did this. R1 did it too and it was dumb (the Bar Patrons from ANH, Vader, Leia) but certain stuff worked like the AT ATs or Tarkin. And the blue milk was just a tiny tiny reference. If you get mad about that you're being a huge nit picky cunt.

kek'd
I thought that guy from collider had quit.

Name one reason why a sequel needs to explain shit already covered in the previous movies.

Mike arguing this has got to be some of the biggest bullshit he's ever spewed.

In his Plinkett review of TFA, he complains that TFA takes time to explain the force, jedis and the dark side again.

He can't make up his mind.

I don't understand why people are mad they use the same technology when it ends a few minutes before the original movie began. You can assign all the malevolent intent to it that you want but there was never a moment where I thought it was shoehorned in except when scrotumface showed up and C-3PO complained before the Rebels left for Scarif.

>Entire movie is about the Death Star, a giant impractical over reaction by the Empire to a relatively minor threat
>Why does the Empire send in walkers? Isn't that overkill?

>Rogue One for doing that, but had no problem with The Force Awakens

It's almost as if RLM explicitly said before R1 was released that TFA gets a pass for callbacks because it's a soft reboot and future movies shouldn't continue to nostalgia-bait.

>Here's a wild suggestion, why didn't they simply make a new movie wow I'm crazy right

They spent 4 billion dollars on the franchise my dear amigo friend, they will milk the OT as much as possible

she looked so cool in this imperial outfit in the promos, but looked ridiculous and adorable when she had the helmet on in the film, took me out completely

especially the bit where she nods to Cassian with that comically big helmet on, looked so cute, not the least bit intimidating or action hero-y

Grampa TARKIIIIIIIIIIN!!!!!!!

Are you new to the internet? People have parroted what they said as gospel since the plinkett reviews.

Labeling it a soft reboot doesn't erase those problems.

This. And even though it takes place near hours before ANH it actually happens be more creative and original than Ep. 7. I saw far more new ships and planets than I did in Ep. 7

>hella

I have a feeling it's going to get worse for Mike and RLM with the extra Star Wars films coming out. Episode 8 and Han Solo may just split SW fans even further

>Mr. "I Love The Force Awakens" Plinkett

I would much prefer harmless throwbacks that make sense than throwbacks that have real impact in the films anyway. Starkiller Base, an even bigger Death Star wow. The actual Millenium Falcon is on Jakku and most of the same robots/ships we're familiar with, cool. I read that Jakku is where they had a big battle but that's never relevant to the movie. It's about as creative as Jango Fett, the dad of Boba Fett who is also a bounty hunter, wearing the same armor Boba would years later and flying the same spaceship.
I'm just glad no one but the hippy was able to use the Force and it didn't ruin anything when they had crossovers.