What headphones do Sup Forums use?

What headphones do Sup Forums use?

Nice choice. Already had the M20x but those are an improvement

apple airpods, over the ear headphones are for manchildren
/thread

And a Porta Pro for my phone

I don't like the soyboy meme but you are definitely one

beat solo 3's 'cause I'm a shitter but the bluetooth is pretty good and I got them for cheep cheep

I use beats, thinking of switching to Audio Technica because I've heard glowing reviews for it.

>/thread-ing yourself
Nothing you have to say matters.

>over the ear headphones are for manchildren
im guessing you're 18 and just about to graduate highschool. Btw most people don't wear over the ear headphones outside

HD 579. Would recommend if you want open headphones with a budget around 100 bucks.

got myself a m40x and its pretty great. not too expensive and the wire is detachable so you can replace it

i go through like 4 sets of dollar store earbuds a year. currently i'm too lazy to go buy some more so i dug this old ass sony headset out of my desk. looks exactly like the picture except i lost the foam bits so they look like shit. they must be like 10 years old and every song i listen to sounds like shoegaze.

What does shogaze sound like on those.

shoegaze squared, the way it was meant to be listened to

Shiet I can only imagine.

Just buy some portapros senpai. They'll sound way better than those and they have a lifetime warranty.

oh FUCK, this is very useful information

either these "sharper image" wireless earbuds i have or this plantronics rig 505 headset i use for gayms

I used to have HD101s but they're fubar

M50 for home, they're pretty comfy and the sound quality is pretty great for sub-$100 cans. TFZ Series 2 for outside, sound quality is decent but I've been having some issues with the right side.

>says he doesn't like the soyboy meme
>proceeds to call me one
if you don't like the meme then you're probably one lol
over the ear headphones are for 5'3" men who walk around their school listening to a monstercat playlist on youtube and have a pair of champion running shoes they wear with dark blue walmart jeans
yes. but it doesn't make my point wrong

only soycucks project their insecurities real hard like this.

HD600, sounds good man.

sony mdr v6
i fucking love them, its so clean and neutral sounding its great to make music with, or listen to albums with and hear every detail

ive had them for 8 years now and the only thing that broke was the cable, and the ear pads, which are both replaceable parts. i just got done replacing its broken cable with a replacement, it was super easy, i only had to de solder the old wires, and solder on new ones

Bose QC30 because i'm a functioning adult and need noise cancellation to be more productive at my job

Grado sr325 w/G Cush earpads

Sennheiser 598 from Black Friday. I don't think I'll ever replace them unless they break, they sound good enough.

>Grado sr325
ive always thought of getting a set of grados, they look nice, whats ur opinion on the sound quality of them?

>Sennheiser 598
those are super comfy, can confirm

Just have a pair of ksc750s for now, planning on buying HD 579s next paycheck.

They sound incredible, don’t need an amp to sound decent but a good amp will improves everything. The 325 sounded closer to the next level $$$ model than to the model below it. I’ve used these for over six years with no problems, just recently bought the G Cush pads and they improve the comfort, the stock pads sit right on your ears and can get uncomfortable where these new pads fit over my ears.

If you absolutely want AT headphones, m40s are a better choice than M50s. Don't go down the stereotypical road of upgrading to M50s from Beats. M50s simply aren't terrible, and that's why the good reviews exist. The people who buy them notice that they sound much better than their apple earbuds. Doesn't make them remarkable.

Most people here don't walk around with their headphones on all day. In-ear are superior for portability, sure. The point you're trying to make is akin to saying that an iphone speaker is better than studio monitors because it is more convenient and portable. Realize how fucking retarded you sound before posting. Also, you don't have to spend a ton for good over ears, so there's no reason to act like an insecure jealous fag.

ya'll niggas need to get on the HD 6XX train

nice! im glad u like them, my only experience with a grado product is their phono cartridge.

>The 325 sounded closer to the next level $$$ model than to the model below it
this is helpful, ive always wondered about the differences in between their lineup, and if the more expensive ones were worth it

nah i like my mdrv6 too much
those do look cozy tho

Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro 250 Ohm

Been using these hifi-man he-400 with my modular.

>DT-770 Pro 250 Ohm
How do they sound compared to other headphones? ive tried them on for fit, but i havent had an extended listening session with them

do you find the 250ohm impedance to be too high for most applications? can your smartphone drive it?

desu this is the first im hearing of these cans, tell me more!

smartphone can't drive them properly, I only use them for monitoring and they're very nice and clean sounding

The he-400 are entry level Planar Dynamic headphones, pretty easy to drive and rather comfy. The cable connectors are kinda pain in the ass but not a real problem. The next model up at the time we’re he-500 which I’ve also got, they are more neutral.

How do I modular DAC?
Any recommendations?

I’m not sure what you’re asking. I run my modular into a mixer so I can bring the signal down to line level and then into an amp. Or I’ll use a transformer to bring the level down...in particular I use a Meng-Qi Please Exist

struggling to decide between sony mdr-7506 or ath m40x. mdr is usually more expensive but it's currently the same price, is it better?

I also use a Rane SM 82S Stereo Mixer often to match levels and I can plug headphones into it. It

>DAC [Digital-to-Analog Converter] is a device that converts digital audio information (comprised of a series of 0s and 1s) into an analog audio signal that can be sent to a headphone amp.
>A good digital-to-analog converter (or DAC) can make all the difference when listening to music, especially through headphones.

thinking of picking up a pair of Shure SE215-CL's
anyone own these? how are they?

Yeah I know what a DAC is, I don’t run my modular or other instruments through a dac when playing / recording though.

Do you listen to tunes through a DAC?
Or am I the only one considering it?

i have those for when i'm out of the house and i really like them because they don't come out of the ear when i'm walking. sound is good but they're a bit bass-heavy which isn't a problem for me. i don't know if you can get better for the price nowadays but i would recommend them to anyone except people that only listen to classical.

>Buying open cans
Enjoy your sound leakage, faggots. Why would you pay money to not hear 100% of what you're listening to?

Of course, unless I’m playing records. I have a Spectral Audio SDR 2000 dac, or I’ll use my Audio Aero Capitole mkII.

bass is fine for me, i mostly listen to hiphop anyways
$120 CAD + detachable cable is pretty great, i think ill be buying these

thanks user

yeah, i wouldn't buy anything without a detachable cable these days. hope you enjoy them man

I have these. Pretty good sound. Very comfortable and they look nice. Also they seem to last very long. My dad has a pair of these to go with his studio equipment and they have lasted a good 4-5 years and still sounds great/looks new.

ath msr7

m40x sounds much better.

should i buy these used for $40? theyre from a friend whose used them for 2 years or so and is looking to get into higher audiophile territory
the only downside i see is the fact that his are white and fucking disgusting from 2 years sans cleaning but i can restore them

Yes. If you can make them look decent and get them for $40 it's a steal.

akg k240 mkii

I fucking hate the porta pros

Use these for making music, and a pair of 702's for listening.

>OP-1
nice fisher price toy

sony MDR-1RBT
once you go wireless for casual listening you never come back

also MEEaudio M6 pro

It really is, love it :)

yes i'm not trying to be mean if Santa were real i'd ask for one

It really is a shame it’s overpriced, more people should be so lucky

eh
it's really niche, and aside from the quirky interface it's not really more capable than your run of the mill computer

Except it portable. I’ve only had it for awhile, still learning the 4 track.

>Except it portable
more like except it's fun

have fun user

Philips 9500 for when I'm in the house. Some old Sony earbuds when I'm out (I rarely use them when I'm out though).

Will do, Godspeed user. Some other headphones

now you're just going full meme user

These are pretty nice too

Just received these Stax 3100

And love my hd650 with the Crack I built and modded

Comfy

do you know that harmonic distortion from valve powered equipment is already present on most recordings? having tubes on your end if anything adds noise.
also do you know that bit depth over 16 only allows for more dynamic range that you couldn't even experience without literally hurting your ears?

don't buy memes user

Great, works for me!

sony xb950n1, very comfy with sick battery life for bluetooth. Geared towards bassy music but other genres sound fine too.
Also have fidelio x2s on the way, hopefully my phone can drive em fully.

yeah i know it works my dude, it's not exactly new or complicated technology
but it's useless and you should know that you're paying for snake oil

can i significantly improve on these with a $300 budget?

Getting some el84 otl/transformer coupled love from this

yes: buy speakers

More OTL magic, gonna mod this when I get some time.

wait... are you gearspammer?

>noise cancellation
but what if you fart without realizing it?

Stax SR-007 and Blue Hawaii.

$20 headphones that sound good. dunno how they managed to make headphones this decent for that price but whatever. i would feel like a massive faggot if i spent any more than $100 on headphones though.

>m40s are a better choice than M50s

that's not true at all. m40's are fine if you're on a tighter budget, but they are NOT "better" than m50's. I've used both pair extensively and it simply isn't true. Stop spreading this /reddit/ meme

Thank you.

For both listening and monitoring. These guys are great!

is that some ciat lonbard gear, user?

this is a headphones thread

After my experience buying cheap velour pads for my sennheisers on aliexpress
I have to say, do not be afraid to not buy genuine
When you first get them, they're incredible stiff and cheap feeling
But after few days, they break in, and they become as comfortable as stock pads

my godness you are retarded

fantastic for travel

>an apple fag is insecure
no wonder you people wear expensive fashion accessories with the same quality of cheap china shit products.

Beyerdynamic DT770
Did a ton of research and these were the best headphones i could buy for under $200. Rivals the sennheiser 650s and is better then some headphones x2 the price.

Not significantly unless you want closed back headphones so you could listen in public without sound leakage

ok who raised the price on the m40x

Memes aside anything wrong with using these? How are they compared to other earbuds?

The sound is okay, not that good but decent for casual listening. My major issue with these is that you can hear everything around you, and other people can hear what you're listening to as well. When i sent my sennheiser momentum in-ears to be repaired/replaced I really noticed how much of a pain it is to use the apple earpods on public transport and outside, cause they dont block any exterior noise at all. Honestly it's worth upgrading just for a more pleasant listening experience.

Spend more money on headphones?