Shin Godzilla

Holy shit Anno what the fuck

They really should have let Anno do his thing. I hear Terra Formars by Miike is fucking awesome.

What does it mean?

So is it the literal bodies of Gojira's victims being assimilated into him, or are they new organisms from the human DNA that Gojira assimilated?

Those look like the spikes on Gojira's back. Maybe the idea was instead of just killing people he'd incorporate them into his body for more power? I'm grabbing at straws here

cute~

One trick pony

Hm, I wonder if you can fuck them.

By the end of the movie the monster was trying to rapidly adapt to the swarm of little humans taking him down. One of the researchers mentioned that godzillas spawn could've developed wings and traveled across the seas to to other land masses, this concept art and the final shot of the creatures sprouting from his tail were a depiction of godzilla adapting to the situation.

That's our Anno

is the full movie out there yet

>dikasuku from

is Anno the biggest hack in history?

Proabably the most successful one.

it's really not. they got rid of all the "offensive" racial subtext and it's now basically cgi bugs punching mutants for 2 hours.

replace hack with troll and I'll agree

That's George Lucas.

Touché

why is none of that in the movie except for a 2 second blink-and-you'll-miss-it shot?

Fuck. I had so much hope, after watching the first animu I was ready for it.

Producers.

I think it's brilliant.

Godzilla is essentially a personification of the nukes dropped on Japan. Literally making his body out of the victims of nuclear warfare is... pottery.

And it seems like it would make some cool nightmare fuel.

He can't keep getting away with this

He's just recycling old concepts

oh so it was practical after all
knew it looked hand crafted

Jesus Christ

What am I looking at here

Brava Anno

Armored giants sprouting from the ground and merging together.

I wonder what kept Anno from fully committing to his trademark insanity. Was it budget/production restrictions or Toho executives? Maybe a personal decision?

the concept arts are incredible

Is the full movie out already or is still only that shitty cut?

Good lord, that's awesome.

Is that Ultraman? Lmao.

Guys, google shin godzilla scientist theory.

Basically;
>Scientist vows revenge for wife dying in nuclear power station
>Scientist goes missing the day Godzilla first appears
>Abandoned boat found in the area Godzilla first emerges
>Nothing on it but a pair of shoes (japs take their shoes off before suicide, some jap tradition)
>Scientist jumped from boat into nuclear soup of sea life
>Gidzilla emerges and rapidly evolves/mutates
>Does nothing but destroy the city
>Last shot is the tail splitting into human skeletons with zilla spines, implying it had a further evolutuon based on its human(scientist) dna

Rewatch it, the clues are there

Home media versions is out in Mars

thats some lovecraftian-shoggoth looking shit

intense

So do Evangelion and Shin Godzilla share the same universe?

That's basically Unit-01

No, Anno is just recycling imagery.

Meant Unit-00

Ah. Fair enough.

>yfw Shin Godzilla is a prequel of a prequel of Nausicaa

Holy shit, Anno, you crazy motherfucker.

Yeah, but they find something was eating radio active waste barrels later in the movie that have been eaten long before Godzilla emerged. So that kinda puts that theory to bed

the other shit godzilla is made up of
the scientist is only one component

I actually thought he jumped into the water and melted into Godzilla's body.

That`s beautiful

I want to see those niggers breaking havok in Tokio.

I would assume either executive meddling or that maybe these were all just early concept art from pre production

Are these drawn by Anno himself?

I think I had a bad shroom trip once that looked like that

have they ever done a movie where they give Godzilla DNA to humans to create "Super Soldiers" ?? but they turn into monsters
and Godzilla has to team up with them to stop an alien invasion???

Nigga was going full Space Godzilla

>moshi moshi
>gojira desu~

Final Wars is pretty close to that

I REALLY fucking hope more stuff like this is in the sequel if a sequel gets made.

This looks very interesting and i am dissapointed that the only thing that remained from these ideas was the ending shot.

If they let Anno do the Anime some if it will probs be in that

Shin is a one-off
and there's no need for a direct sequel

Why is the concept art always 10000x more awesome than what they actually go with? These make me want a full on batshitcrazy live action Anno monster movie. Or just make Evangelion for fuck's sake. Also get on with 4.0 i'd like to see it before I neck myself.

He should finish 4.0 before he starts working on some other anime
Concept art is 2D

Movie is 3D

>True, it doesnt always translate to film as well, but these days one can recreate 2D concept art quite truthfully. (if done decently)
Or maybe a fully 3D-CG movie a la Kingsglaive?
Just a waste of such awesome concepts imo

try making this in 3D with the budget they had

>Also get on with 4.0 i'd like to see it before I neck myself.
This, how much longer will I have to wait, reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

maybe give them a decent budget then, people in their basement with enough skill create stuff like this in their free time

The company who owns Godzilla wants to avoid a full CGI movie
They had a decent budget, but this is Japan not Hollywood

I think most of this stuff probably would have had like 5 seconds of screen time.

that seems like a pretty logical conclusion. Its awesome and flatout terrifying at the same time.

Now where's my fuckin' Blu-Ray?

>We will never get an animated sequel to Shin Godzilla directed by the master himself

I have high hopes in Urobochi's Godzilla anime

When is that coming out?

Sometime this year

do they ship to earth?

'fraid not.
Amazon can't 2-day anything at warp 4 yet. It's a work in progress.

Just dig some more, user-kun.
I'm only 12 minutes in and it already feels like a live action Eva film which is amazing.

I think the best way to continue from shin-gojira is to have goji locked in his current form. That way he can fight new monsters in several sequels then after Anno finishes 4.0 he can conclude the series with all this cool shit

is the idea that godzilla is made not just by men but of men? or perhaps he was supposed to bring the end of the world and from its ashes he would be the harbinger for a new form of life?

where did this come from? a concept art book?