With The Apprentice returning tonight...

With The Apprentice returning tonight, now is the perfect time to ask: how do we make broadcast network television great again?

>we

You plan on doing something op? Or are you just gonna make suggestions and complaints on Sup Forums that will have literally no effect on what gets aired on television?

No and yes respectively

Revise censorship laws so some actual real human emotion can be allowed in the script.
Stop casting abercrombie models who learned how to read
a script into every new program.

>le "we" meme
Ebin

Nudity and cussing aren't human emotions, user

Bring back Must See Thursday!

Girl George

>Stop casting abercrombie models who learned how to read a script into every new program.

I heard someone say somewhere that a good test of if a movie or show is going to be any good is if there are no ugly people in it than its probably shit

Ive found this to be mostly true

No, that's fucking retarded. You don't tits and FUCKFUCKFUCKSHITPISSMOTHERFUCKER to make a show good. In fact, I'd say the HBO shows actually suffer from this, because they always feel the need to shoehorn a bunch of needless sex scenes for no reason than "hurr we're on HBO so we can"

>Stop casting abercrombie models who learned how to read
>a script into every new program.
Maybe you should stop watching CW shows from 5+ years ago?

>le

Hello, reddit

I don't think you understand the meme the guy you replied to was making

Gj on outting yourself as new though

Anyone kinda hate how a lot of shows(and movies for that matter) these days have a sort of "improvised" feel to the dialog?
Like the characters are stuttering and repeating themselves.

Never really liked that. I like my lines to be have timing and "emotion" to it.

I think Curb my Enthusiasm might have popularized it a bit.

You can't

Network TV is beholden to advertisers and sponsors moreso than any other kind of television.

What advertisers want, what the general masses want, and what people who see TV as their man hobby want are totally different.

Advertisers want safe shit that will reach as many people as possible and look good wrapped around their Red Lobster commercial

Masses want more 2 1/2 Men, Big Bang Theory, Football, etc.

TV enthusiasts want everything to be Game of Thrones, Stranger Things, WestWorld, etc.

That's why Netflix is going to come out on top. Fuller house for dumb assholes, Stranger Things and Narcos for Kinofags, shit for kids too. Hell they even got anime for Weeaboos.

The only obsolete group are the Advertisers.

Blame Judd Apatow. It's his movies that really popularized the "you'll love how the actors improvised a lot of their lines!" meme.

So writers actually started slotting lines for "improv". Like literally
>Character: [improvisational line]

Parks and Rec is probably the worst offender when it comes to this. You can really feel the gaps in the script and when the actors are playing characters and when they're being comedians.

Quit trying to appeal to everyone at once because the days of families gathering around the tv have been dead for like 10 years.

>dad watches sports and old action movies
>mom watches cop and lawyer shows
>sisters watch Pretty Little Liars and MTV shit
>I watch the stuff Sup Forums talks about

I haven't watched The Apprentice in years but I think Arnold's version will be interesting. I wish they dropped the celebrity shit though and just had normal people again

They tried bringing back the non-celebrity version and its ratings were fucking horrible.

The thing is, they have. They pretty much only appeal to your mom and dad now. Who do you think watches shit like The Voice, Chicago Fire, TBBT, NCIS etc? Not people in their 20s.

Blame Arrested Development. It flopped itself AND fucked up every other comedy too.

Bring back L O S T

no

Then it will never be great again