How and why do underages unironically like these shitty movies?

How and why do underages unironically like these shitty movies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iVvxqUhxtDM
youtu.be/L-km9S_1rwo
vice.com/read/camille-paglia-believes-that-revenge-of-the-sith-is-our-generations-greatest-work-of-art
newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/what-the-seven-star-wars-films-reveal-about-george-lucas
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>if people like something I don't like they must be underage

Good reasoning there ;^)

I loved them as a kid, but I can't remember why. Probably because of spaceships, robots and stuff

Sorry kid but the prequels are objectively bad films designed to appeal to babies.

Because they're fun to watch, you numb digger

>reddit tries shitposting for the first time

>remembered seeing the autistic kid who owned stars prequel merchandise play by himself during recess swinging an invisible lightsaber

yes, why do kids like these movies?

>hating the prequels is reddit

I cant wait for you kids to go back to school.
>watching edgelord babyvader talk about sand is fun

I'd honestly ask the same question about the original trilogy, except the people who like them are older and therefore more pathetic.

Literally the only reason you would like this garbage is because you were a child when they came out and can't look past the nostalgia.

Literally the same thing with the original trilogy

What's your point?

I was forced to engage with an 18 year old girl at this holiday party I went to with the senpai. She wouldn't stop spouting about how great the movies were for the sole reason that she "loved Anakin."

So, yeah. It's cause teenagers are retarded.

(PT + Genndywars + CGI CW) > (OT + R1 + Rebels) > Old Republic EU > MouseWars garbage

Because the world is bigger and there is a living Republic and Jedi Order. It's not like the originals were masterpieces for adult audiences. They were special effects marvels for their time, but the story was pretty black and white. And why the hell would kids be interested in political conspiracies, romances, and the implications of cloning for military purposes?

Except the OT has well-made films.

Because shit like this and TFA have muh lasers n shit, but they're just shit

did anakin skywalker in the prequel trilogy kickstart twilight

Good point. Think he did.

I liked them. They had their weak points but overall very entertaining movies.
Exactly like the original trilogy.
Anyone who tells you the originals were great film making is either lying or blinded by nostalgia

Watched the prequels for the first time last week, Episode I was a legitimately good kino. The others were garbage. II was the worst.

For the same reason older people love the old ones, they never outgrew them.

Bingo

The prequels were much better written, they had actual characters and story, not a bunch of memes and one-liners that lack any emotion or coherence. Luke is a cliched everyboy "hero" that goes through an absurdly rapid transformation between the fifth and the sixth episodes. Anakin's emotional instability and his exposure as a psychopath are gripping; and his doomed relationship with Padme is touching. In the "original trilogy" Han, Leia, Darth Vader and Obi Wan are complete meme characters, nothing about them is remotely believable or human. And why doesn't anyone care about deaths in those movies? Leia's planet destruction, Luke's stepparents' death, all of the blown up rebels--the list could go on--all the deaths are forgotten moments later.

As for direction, the movies from the "original trilogy" were mostly incoherent, badly edited and full of logical problems. The prequel trilogy is a work of a "vulgar auteur".

I feel neutral about the series overall, and honestly don't care about trolling or contrarianism. Here are my sincere rankings:

1. "Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones"
2. "Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace"
3. "Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith"
4. "Star Wars"
5. "The Empire Strikes Back"
6. "Return of the Jedi"
8. "The Force Awakens"

Episode 7 isn't even a Star Wars movies. It is a Marvel flick masquerading as one.

I hate the shitty writing and acting, but I like the action scenes, the design for clones and droids and ships is pretty cool and the soundtrack is great. Name one track from TFA that is as memorable as Duel of the Fates or Battle of the Heroes. Also the lore pretty much kicks ass and has lots of space political shit that I like (of course I'm basing this from EU, so you can ignore this point)

Nah bro. Revenge of the sith is clearly the superior prequel.

I mostly agree with you.

The prequels have a lot of redeeming qualities but fucking honest trailers cinemasins and reddit lettermedia brainwashed the population.

Now everyone is a self proclaimed "star wars nerd" who thinks the prequels are shit and the new flick was AMAZING OMG BEST MOVIE EVARR JUST LIKE MY MARVEL MOVVEEES xD

These idiots havent even watched Lucas filmography and they love to shit on him because they consider internet memes as a valid source of information.

Star Wars has always been for kids. There's nothing wrong with enjoying themas an adult, but don't try to pretend that you're enjoying anything but a series of children's films.

Rouge one>III>all

Its nostalgia fags

In my view, the prequels are kino!

youtube.com/watch?v=iVvxqUhxtDM

because they have soul

Really disgusting that sheep just let themselves be programmed by YouTube celebrities. It's obvious from the arguments, they always say the same things word for word. These "people" don't think for themselves. Honestly the OT purists sound straight up reddit sometimes in the way the parrot the approved opinions

>inb4 300 posts from episode 3-defending redditors

how do I shot web?

Reddit it's are more likely to parrot the mainstream retro view and love TFA.

I like this opinion.

If you don't acknowledge this as the single best duel in Star Wars you're a fucking idiot.

Why does anyone like any of the shitty starwars movies? I've probably seen 10,000+ movies in my 30 or so years on this planet, and have never felt even slightly compelled to watch any of the Star Wars movies. It's literally entertainment for plebs.

>Luke, did I ever tell you about Bidlo Kwerve? He was a Corellian pirate and smuggler who served Jabba Desilijic Tiure. A tall, grizzled man with scarred features and a mane of black hair, he was known for his greediness and hot temper, and was quick to respond to any perceived insults. Kwerve and a Twi'lek named Bib Fortuna competed to become Jabba’s new majordomo after the Hutt deemed his previous retainer, Naroon Cuthus, too old and incapable of carrying out his duties. Kwerve and Fortuna hated each other with a passion and went to great lengths to prove themselves in Jabba’s eyes, though Jabba considered each as incompetent as the other. Kwerve disliked Jabba’s top pilot, Han Solo, and the two often clashed, both in words and with blasters. Around 2 BBY, he considered leaving Jabba’s employ because of the continual menial tasks that were being asked of him, and though Fortuna encouraged him to quit, he never did. Shortly before the Battle of Yavin, Kwerve discovered a crashed ship in the Tatooinian desert, with a live rancor inside it. Hoping to present the beast to Jabba for his birthday, he begrudgingly sought the aid of Fortuna to help him transport it to Jabba’s Palace. Jabba was impressed with the initiative shown by his two top lieutenants and offered to make one of them his new majordomo; the other would be given the “greater honor,” though Jabba did not specify what this was. Ever greedy, Kwerve accepted the “greater honor"—he became the rancor’s first victim and was devoured in a pit below Jabba’s court. Anyway, I only bring this up because in about four years you’re going to pick up his skull and throw it at a panel to drop a massive door down on that very same rancor. He’ll get his revenge on the rancor, from a certain point of view.

There's a permanent Star Wars thread on Sup Forums and they're unironic Prequel defenders
It's totally sad

I disagree. It was a good duel but some of it was overblown. The sabers spinning for no reason comes to mind.

IMO duel of the dates is goat

>The sabers spinning for no reason comes to mind.
But user, it wasn't for no reason.
What you have to understand is Anakin and Obi-Wan were perfectly matched in terms of skill when it came to dueling.

In that moment, they both go into a classic block move that covers the entire front and side of the body.

They both do it at the same time, and then they both break the spin at the same time to do the same attack, and then they both do the same force push.

That moment in the fight was done to illustrate how evenly matched the two were.
Of course, when you loop it and make a .gif out of it, it looks ridiculous.

But in context, it's very meaningful.

If you have to do this much headcannon explanation, then it came off awkward. The entire length of that fight, I say it was a good fight, and you can't take even that criticism?

>headcannon
Literally watch the scene and try to dispute what I said.

You have to make up what they were thinking, predicting, and what tactics they were using. All of which are not explained in the movies.

All I see are two people twirling their lightsabers which goes on too long.

Yeah you're right. The movie doesn't explicitly say anything about it, but isn't it logical in a way? The way the movie builds them up to be of equal strength.

>All I see are two people twirling their lightsabers which goes on too long.
Read
>I can't think critically about anything and I need everything spelled out for me

I like you

Yes they are fairly evenly matched and that's shown throughout the fight but IMO the twirling sabers was too much and our explanations for it come from trying to desperately rationalize it.

It's not desperation but I am just startled that this is even a point of contention for some people apparently. When I watched it for the first time I didn't even lose a thought about it because it was something that just made sense in the moment. I don't know how else to describe it.

How is
>they are evenly matched so they both know to do the same block
a desperate reach?

Lol you totally got me there with your insults to my intelligence.

There's a reason many have emphasized that specific moment. It looks silly and you shouldn't have to over think it for it to work. I autistic ally study star wars lore including the different lightsaber formes but it would be stupid for me to use any of that to justify scenes that the average moviegoer is going to see at face value.

I guess The Shining is actually all about spooky ghosties to you too then, eh?

When I first saw the movie, I glossed over it because the entire movie was new and every minute I was taking in new moments so I didn't linger on it. I've seen it more than a few times now and Everytime I watch the fight, that part sticks out for looking very silly.

gr8 b8 m8

This requires leaps of logic. You did not coreograph the fight. You're just contriving explanations.

Maybe if it was just a bit shorter it wouldn't look so awkward.

Prequel lovers = smart and sophisticated people who enjoy political intrigue.

Prequel haters = fedora tipping reddit fags who have to have everything spoonfed to them. "WHAT DOES A VOTE OF NO CONFIDENCE MEAN, MUMMY?! WAAAH! WHERES MY TENDIES!!! MUH LUKE MUH LEIA!"

Not an argument.

>trained together since Anakin was young
>showed to be even in tact and strategy especially in RoTS
>basically brothers that share everything
Please detail the leap in logic.

I completely agree. I think it goes on for just ever so slightly too long.

Sequels are shit too.

When I was a kid I thought EpIII was badass cuz I like how dark Anakin gets and how Obi-Wan dices him.
I loved McGregor's acting.
After Obi slices Anakin up, McGregor's performance put him to the top of my favorite characters.
I wish we could get someone as good as him again.

>too
Along with what?
Rogue One?
I guess it isn't technically a sequel.

That they are both using the same "block". I'm not arguing that the fight in general isn't showing their on par in fight skills. I already said that.

he's also jesus

That block is basic lightsaber sparring knowledge.
You can find tons of people both online and in dojos that will teach you that move.

It's designed to allow the lightsaber to be moved to any needed position at an instant.

In that moment, they both did the same at-the-ready block because they both knew the next thing coming.

>Basic lightsaber sparring knowledge.
This is exactly what I'm talking about. That info is not in the movies and requires fanboy autism. I said earlier that I don't use my knowledge of lightsaber formes to defend aspects of the movies.

>They both knew what was coming next
You mean they both know they are both going to twirl their lightsabers at air?

They also don't explicitly state that Sidious drains Padme's life force to heal Anakin, but it's understood.
>inb4 lol she died of a broken heart

If you need everything spelled out to you, it's actually entirely possible that you have autism.

That's the first time I've ever heard such headcannon.
If sheev can drain life force from anyone in the galaxy, we'd have far bigger plot holes.

How on earth can you know this little?
This guy explains it pretty well.
youtu.be/L-km9S_1rwo

>They also don't explicitly state that Sidious drains Padme's life force to heal Anakin, but it's understood.

ITT: how to defend shitty writing with a two-pronged attack of arrogance and total fucking conjecture

>Posting literal who YouTube celebrity fan theory (head cannon)
Having a video on YouTube doesn't make your opinion anymore credible than simply stating it on anonymous Czechoslovakialavian xylophone appraisal forums

>underage

I'm 30 and consider the prequels as a whole to be on par with the originals as far as being entries into Star Wars. At least these films fleshed out the lore and explained alot of shit. What did TFA do as a Star Wars film?

>nothing explained
>butchers the lore
>the solar system they destroy had no emotional impact because they were literally who planets that had no connection to any of the characters
>Rey suddenly being able to fight with a saber and do the shit that not even semi prime Luke could do

At least the prequels gave us prime Sheev. That alone makes them more worthwhile.

I agree with you but Carrie Fischer's mom just died because she lost the will to live after her daughter passed. Lucas is a modern Nostradamus

It's not surprising that the same people who attack the prequels are always unversed in real film or anything artistic, and that the people who praise the prequels (Zizek, Paglia, Brody, etc) are always literate, educated, and versed in real film.

vice.com/read/camille-paglia-believes-that-revenge-of-the-sith-is-our-generations-greatest-work-of-art
newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/what-the-seven-star-wars-films-reveal-about-george-lucas

The fact that everyone points to Plinkett as the authority on why the prequels are bad speaks volumes. Mike Stoklasa is one of the least artistic people on the planet - he can't process movies outside of the conventions of Hollywood films, his approach to narrative is tempered with the same surface-level requisites listed on tvtropes.

Any complaint that people have about the prequels illustrates a weak grasp on film. How many art films would they claim has 'too much sitting and talking'? They would watch the end of Breaking the Waves and whine about dated CGI. Their sensibilities for 'good dialogue' in what is intentionally pulp comes from bad pulp, ie, the original Star Wars, the only pulp they've ever seen. They would similarly view any homage-driven art film and miss the entire point.

Lucas' only mistake in the prequels was doing something daring, original, artistic and literate, not realizing that the manchildren conditioned by the original SW trilogy to loathe anything cerebral would lash out against his cinematic risks.

Yeah, great stuff.

Well said, my good man

>Lucas' only mistake in the prequels was doing something daring, original, artistic and literate, not realizing that the manchildren conditioned by the original SW trilogy to loathe anything cerebral would lash out against his cinematic risks.

I completely agree.

>Any complaint that people have about the prequels illustrates a weak grasp on film
This is bs. There are legit criticisms and the movies aren't perfect though many criticisms are overblown or hypocritical/unfair.

Same shit why people think Batman v Superman sucks cuz there's too much sitting and talking, when in reality it adds to the story on a whole new level besides meaningless action.
It only weeds out the plebs who can't grasp film unless there's explosions and epic duels between the good and bad guy.
That's why they only watch films made by Michael Bay.

>not liking the Yoda fight

Omg so bad cgi xDDD looks so silly ebin lulz omg air horn!

Fuck off back to your edgy YouTube film critic for 14 year old kids, faggot.

Noooo
That actually sucked

Attack of the Clones, wahahahahah, come on bro at least try and troll me

Yeah because there isn't enough Batman for you.
It does wonders by Bruce finding himself as Batman with Alfred's advice, Lex corrupting everyone around hi, and Clark finding himself and a symbol for mankind despite not being human.

>How many art films would they claim has 'too much sitting and talking'?

What an atrociously conceived argument. The whole problem with the dialogue heavy scenes in the prequels is that they are not depicted with any kind of artistry. There is no creative blocking or shot composition, barely any clever lighting to speak of. Most of them are lit like soap operas.

>Their sensibilities for 'good dialogue' in what is intentionally pulp comes from bad pulp, ie, the original Star Wars, the only pulp they've ever seen. They would similarly view any homage-driven art film and miss the entire point.

So the dialogue is intentionally bad as some kind of homage. You are so completely full of shit.

>manchildren conditioned by the original SW trilogy to loathe anything cerebral

So now we're throwing the original trilogy under the bus too? Talk about moving goalposts.

>It only weeds out the plebs who can't grasp film unless there's explosions and epic duels between the good and bad guy.

Indeed. It does this by having all of those things.

You are pathetically enraged over this.

That fight looking terrible was the least of its problems.

It completely bungles and butchers all of those things you contrarian mongoloid

It's not that we didn't understand it. We just thought it was stupid. You would too, if you weren't also stupid.

LOOK AT ALL THE HIDDEN ARTISTRY

>the hallways is nothing but a painting on the wall

Sheev truly is a patrician.

It has none of those things you inbred retard.

Lmao how hard would it have been to just use a real room

>itt: people all acting increasingly retarded on purpose so that a little four leaf icon lights up and alerts them to a (you)

two days into a new year and you're already doing all the same shit that made 2016 such a fucking waste for all you losers

Was she hot?

>BvS doesn't have explosions and epic duels between the good and bad guy

What about the last 45 minutes you unbelievably stupid asshole?

Two days into a new year and you're already the pot calling the kettle black.

That's why you watch the Ultimate Edition which adds more talking into it.

Last I checked the Ultimate Edition doesn't cut out the entire Doomsday fight

>Doomsday brings out Wonder Woman out of hiding
>kills Superman
>displays Batman's fight for humanity

It's not a meaningless battle as it adds to the plot.

Nostalgia. I don't know if it's just "underages", either, I'm 21 and episode III came out when I was 9.