I found out this exists after watching bluray ANH. Should I watch despecialized Empire, or are they shit edits?

I found out this exists after watching bluray ANH. Should I watch despecialized Empire, or are they shit edits?

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/123533858
vimeo.com/118973958
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reminder that with maybe half a dozen very obvious exceptions, the changes Lucas made to the OT improved it

KINO
I
N
O

objectively wrong

also who cares about preserving our cultural heritage lmao, movies don't matter who cares nerd lol

So I watch this instead of some random bluray rip?

I found out about it in yesterday's thread, I might give them a go tonight

Yes. the despecialized editions are the canonical, true versions of Star Wars. They changed pop culture and filmmaking as we know it and it is your duty as a fan to preserve them. Pass it on to everyone you know. Show it to your children, show it to your friends.

Is it worth it to rewatch ANH? I watched it yesterday and don't really feel like going through it for a few extra/changed scenes.

If you just watched it recently, you probably don't need to go back and watch it again. Maybe watch the Death Star attack; it looks remarkably different in the original compared to the special editions

Will do. Thanks famalam.

Rewatch Harmy and all Harmy editions.

Lucas is a fucking moron with the changes he made.

Holy fuck 19 gigs. Guess I'll have to wait till tomorrow.

There are versions out there condensed to only a handful of gigs.

I believe those are older versions of the edit. Besides, I'm happy to wait for better quality.

where did you find it?, bro

Search empire strikes back on TPB. Should be the 4th one down. The smaller one is an older edit.

>America's cultural heritage is a movie for kids made solely to make money and sell toys
Sad.

Where can i download/watch them?

Star wars didn't become a cash grab franchise until ROTJ

Here

TPB
The Pirate Bay

Download the 35mm Grindhouse film scans. They are pretty good quality

Team Negative1's Silver Screen Edition, v1.2

It's literally a digitally cleaned scan of a completely unaltered original cinema reel

The issue is that those are the obvious changes, and many of them make huge changes to the story, and for worse. I won't talk about Greedo shooting because everyone does, so look at Hayden replacing Sebastian Shaw in ROTJ. The original point of that movie's ending was that Luke was able to break down Vader's defenses and get him to be a human again; Vader saves Luke's life because he's finally able to feel compassion for his son, and sacrifices himself to save Luke and kill the emperor. It's a redemptive moment, and having Shaw show up as a force ghost makes it clear that Anakin was redeemed through Luke's efforts. Hayden in the scene (especially with Lucas's new explanation) ruins all of that. In the current, official version of the movie, Vader isn't redeemed, and apparently the sacrifice wasn't really for anything, since he died at 23 and nothing changed that.

To be fair how do you redeem Space Hitler just because I LOVE MY BIG GAY SON. At least with Hayden ghost you can say it's the ghost of the person he was before he murdered children and put the galaxy under his thumb.

>that Kylo Ren lightsaber

Its pagentry

That's not true either. The real genius of Lucas was to basically give up all his points in exchange for the rights to the license. The studios laughed their heads off because even if its a huge dude this asshole just agreed to do it for free. The toys and merchandise started rolling out as soon as the original was a certified hit.

Whatever social media outlet you came from - go back. You're not wanted here.

>At least with Hayden ghost you can say it's the ghost of the person he was before he murdered children and put the galaxy under his thumb.
Well its good that he got redeemed to his younger form that Luke wouldn't be able to recognize, meanwhile Obi Wan and Yoda, who never murdered helpless children and choked their pregnant wives, are forced to be old crusty fucks for eternity.

needs to audio to be upgraded though. the original audio sounds like shit

Did they address that in the latest version?
I've only seen v1.0, I can't find v1.2 fucking anywhere and I'm not on any of the private torrent sites hosting it

>NOOOOOOOOOO

no.

And that's opposed to a crusty old man that Anakin himself wouldn't even recognize because the first time he saw anything other than the top of his head was when he was young

His point is Lucas's heart was in it the first two films. Then it became huge and he sold out.

The entire point of the end of ROTJ is that Anakin redeemed himself. That's why he became a force ghost. Showing Hayden basically throws that redemption out the window and says he was only good before he put on the mask. Completely ruins Anakin's arc. It's a terrible change.

I agree with you I'm simply showing that there is logic to the other side as well as flaws to the Shaw ending.

For example the Shaw ending asks you to accept that Anakin even deserves redemption and the ability to be a force ghost despite the fact that he was an evil person for more of his life than he was good all because he killed one man slightly more evil than him.

>For example the Shaw ending asks you to accept that Anakin even deserves redemption and the ability to be a force ghost despite the fact that he was an evil person for more of his life than he was good all because he killed one man slightly more evil than him.
It does. Personally, I think that's a wonderful message to send.

It's more that Luke's faith in him caused an inner change within Anakin that allows for his friendly ghost appearance. Sacrificing himself and killing the Emperor was just a result of that change.

I have 1.2, downloaded it from mega.

It's 26.2Gb.

My mistake, I'm being a fucking idiot

v1.2 is the version I've seen, v1.6 is (I think) the newest one

Wait till Mike Verta gets his 4K professional restoration from studio negatives hopefully onto a bluray release. He is in talks with disney currently. His work makes these guys look like complete amateurs. He made his own software for restoring film and is part of the industry. Watch his videos.

vimeo.com/123533858
vimeo.com/118973958

Has there ever been a canon explanation for how he was able to become a ghost?

Was sheev a ghost?

Reminder that the 2004 release is the objective best.

>Reminder that the 2004 release is the objective best.

>crushed blacks
>miscolored sabers

>40 year old Flash Gordon derivative
>cultural heritage