L U C A S
U
C
A
S

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xpecPKuUYnE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>“In order to shoot the dwarves and a large Gandalf, we couldn’t be in the same set. All I had for company was 13 photographs of the dwarves on top of stands with little lights – whoever’s talking flashes up,” he said. “Pretending you’re with 13 other people when you’re on your own, it stretches your technical ability to the absolute limits.”

>If time allows, many creators like to have actors on set to help their fellow stars, even if they won’t be seen on screen. You can see an example of this in some of the behind-the-scene featurettes on the Lord of the Rings DVDs. But usually, and especially on productions on scale with The Hobbit trilogy, that’s not the case. So, McKellen had a bit of a tantrum.

>“I cried, actually. I cried. Then I said out loud, ‘This is not why I became an actor’. Unfortunately the microphone was on and the whole studio heard.”

George you were the chosen one! You were supposed to have more great practical sets, not CGI ones!

what a fucking baby

Well he is a faggot, faggots are universally known for being little diva shits

ahahahaha.

hahahahahahahahahahha!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

*inhale*

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

>prequelfags will defend this

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

'member

There's *LITERALLY* nothing wrong with that scene.
OG cucks are the biggest autists.

Practical sets. My ass.

I dont get it

Look at the hallway on the left at the end

There is something very odd about the movement of the couch back between the shelf and the statue

the CGI is fucking abysmal

does this really look like a door to you?

fuck off drumpftard

I'm pretty sure there were videogames that looked better even back then.

someone post the diner

it's actually a good deal better

It's been a while since I seen Eps 1 and 2 but a fucking American 60s diner is in this?!

Spotted the faggot

The "Hallway" is a giant door painted to look like a hallway you fucking morons. You can see the split down the center.

>American Graffiti

>a LONG TIME AGO
not a hard concept

You mean besides the fact that it looks like shit?

Yes

George Lucas is such a fucking hack he felt the need to put a 50's diner like the one in his first movie, American Graffiti, as an homage to himself.

Thread theme.

youtu.be/xpecPKuUYnE

really?

cytu be/r/ kinotheque

Episode I is showing.

post the scene from American Graffiti where everybody is hanging out in a diner (not outside a drive-in)

I'll wait

yes really

thats just a door to the office. that was never intended to be a hallway (ho puts a hallway in an office?)

we already watched that shit. Stop creating sai tubes to replay the same shit and stream something fun already.

JOSEEEEEEEF

>"Every single frame contains some kind of CGI or computer effect."
~ Visual Director of Episode II

beside the alien, it was a practical set.

ok, I 'm in. I need the sense of community and memes

>this is tv in 2017
Why are we still shit

fucking kek that's awful

the chair seems to be growing at an incredible rate.

It's not CGI, it's a Matte, literally a painting.

Before CGI, that's how they used to make sets look like open places. They used them in the original trilogy as well, in interior death star scenes, also the scene with the dead rancor on the ground. That was a matte.

It probably would have looked better if it was CGI. But the painting was probably far less expensive and since it was a background thing and very briefly shown they probably thought nobody would notice.

Can you imagine the look on John Williams face when he was forced to compose that?

Why does it feel like they didn't even try to make a good movie?

not bad for a video game

>saving cash on sets to pay for quality actors

i've seen matte painting that looked better

getin here, we 're watching Red Dawn, the original, with Patrick Swayze

Chancellor has some real loonytoon shit

> the look of terror on their faces
it never gets old
I wonder how in the hell anybody ever allowed this footage to get to the public

>that fakeass hallway at the end

Bravo, Lucas.

B R A V O
R
A
V
O

damn, Red Dawn sure is a fine movie

So what is going on here?

yellow is cgi
purple is real/practical

damn, did you say Red Dawn?

I would pay big money for Disney to Special Edition the prequels with some updated CGI.

That'd fix 90% of the issues with them immediately.

It was written by his son Joseph

not an excuse to look bad when 20 years old matte looked better

What did George mean by this?

CRAAAAWWLIIIN IN MYY SKIIIINN

Ian is such a little fanny

Anyone else would have laughed and said "haha this is ridiculous lol oh well I get paid millions of dollars to do this maybe I shouldn't complain"

BRAVO LUCAS

APOLOGIZE

lmao is this real? I've never watched it it looks ridiculous

So why has the prequel CGI become such a hot topic on Sup Forums lately?
No one really liked it before but there are so many threads on it now.

Why does Dookie Force Push (tm) Anakin away instead of just killing him

Sheev probably told him not to kill anakin.

what rave is this from

Fun fact: all that furniture that's clearly blatant CGI?
...it's actual real. It's not CGI. They used super-crisp looking furniture props so that they wouldn't look out of place in a CGI environment.

Still butthurt?

>WAHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHHHH IT LOOKS DIFFERENT WAHHHHHH THATS BAD WAHHHHHHHHHH

Fucking children that don't know kino when it slaps them in the face

NOT
YET

>Don't kill the Jedi boy Skywalker
>Why?
>I sense great potential for him
>Wait a minute, you taught me that a Sith master only has one apprentice at a time.
>I... Uh...
>Are you trying to replace me with him?
>Nooooo.... Nooooooo...

WHAT NINTENDO 64 GAME IS THIS

>when it cuts to him randomly scribbling with both hands like a 3 year old

I die everytime

he couldn't get a take he liked so he paid someone to splice 2 of them together

Ahh the classic poor fag chimes in.

>you're getting money so take my cock up your ass slut, no complaining because I'm paying you even though the cock up the ass is much larger and more rigid than I implied

stay salty poor fag. You will always be poor and uneducated

What race are the Chutlu being?

Explain the pedestal popping into place 5 minutes in.

Other than the awful cuts and the hand severing Dooku had the less awful choreography of the prequels.

SO THIS IS HOW DEMOCRACY ENDS, WITH SPACE EBONICS

THE FELAGATES DAHNALD

What no one gets is that palpatin's office was sleek and fake and polished on purpose. It reflects palpatin's exterior. he is fake and polished while evil and corrupt on the inside.
Pure pottery

BRAVO

>a long wide master
>its kino guise

Did yousa think meesa forget, Padme?

For muy muy years, meesa been waitin, watchin in dejection as yousa be savin da galaxy. Meesa hope youda been enjoyin youself, okee-day?

Because while yousa been senator, meesa been amassin greata terrible army of dellow felegates. Da felegates, if yousa be hearin me, Padme.

Wit yousa no longer around-a to ward off da big boomers, meesa finally escapin meesa prison. Yousa just made big mistake, Padme. Now, meesa return-a home to Naboo during du trade deal and claim what meesa mine!

Together wit meesa felegates, weesa deesa propose immediately be gettin da approval and become-a da new supreem chancellor. Nuttin be standin in weesa way. Goodbye Padme, Okee-day. Yousa bigga city ways no longer be taintin da galaxy.

Deesa be gungan risin! Wit meesa powers du sith, meesa plunge immediately galaxy into du muy muy years of darkness! And the dellow felegates... deesa be wit meesa all da way! Thankee muy muy, Padme!

Is this real?

This really is fascinating. Watched the movie however many times I did, I always thought Anakin just tilted his head down right there, as if to ponder what Sheev is saying.

>90% of the prequels problems our cgi

CGI doesn't even crack the top 5 of the prequels problems.

>that hand popping out
FUCKING KEK

I don't get it. What's the problem here?

Not directly. It's possible that the over-reliance on CGI is what led to other problems with characters/dialogue/plot, because they thought they could just use fancy CGI scenes to "wow" people and none of that other shit would matter

hol up so yousa be sayin

Prove that it's matte. It literally fucking clips into the frame you dumb fuck

Obi wan hugs some ps4 games.webm

ITS HARD TO NOTICE BECAUSE WE LOOK AT THE EYES AND FACE

IF YOU WATCH THE HAIR IT BECOMES VERY OBVIOUS

Look at his hair
It's a blend between two shots

What in the fuck is the issue?

People can't get over that a digital matte was used to cover up something in the footage