Can we talk about this gem?

Can we talk about this gem?

For some reason no one likes or talks about this show.
It's also one of the few truly great things on television, go figure.

>For some reason no one likes or talks about this show.
I stumbled across it and I'm wondering why that is. I guess the other netflix originals have been overshadowing it. Such a shame, this is my favorite show in a long time.

>John did nothing wrong

Doesn't get as much hype from normie as oitnb or stranger things. But it's of such an obviously higher level of quality then either of those shows, just has none of that Reddit meme appeal that faggots love.

Easily the best Netflix original program. Probably the best "streaming" television program ever.

great show. Too much of a slow burn for normies. The acting is some of the best I have ever seen

Have you seen The Affair?

I think they're quite similar but the Affair is better.
I've only seen the first 6 episodes of Bloodline currently (I'm going to continue watching the first season) but there's really nothing going on, or nothing to look forward to.

I liked Danny's dream sequence though.

>Too much of a slow burn for normies.
I wouldn't say that. Normies loved Breaking Bad which is much more of a slow-burn. I think if this show was compared to Breaking Bad, they'd give it a chance.

Yeah the acting is really fantastic across the board, honestly can't think of a weak link. Mendelson and Chandler are especially wonderful, beyond awards caliber performances

Finish the first season. First 4 episodes are a prologue, the story is just beginning now

I disagree. Bloodlines literally ends on a cliff hanger on each episode. You don't even know whats happening at all until like half way through

>It's also one of the few truly great things on television, go figure.
Eh, I won't criticize too much since I gave up after a few episodes, but it felt to me like a very conservative type of "great tv." Slower than should be acceptable to fill out it's episode count, super srs dark tone, crime, anti-heroes, dysfunctional families as a rule; it's every element I've come to expect from prestige tv and none seemed worth putting up with again.

The Leftover and The Young Pope are my favorite new dramas, if only because they avoid most of the pratfalls of their peers and strive to tell new stories on television. The ambition really counts for a lot to me

Breaking bad has many more Reddit style 'oh so epin xd lol' moments in the first few episodes. Shit that pseuds and normies just lap up

Nothing much to talk about now since season 2 was shit.

Season 2 was weaker than 1 for sure but it wasn't shit.

> muh brother
> muh family
> muh responsibility

Can we talk about how Season 2 was just as good as Season 1? I mean, I know Danny was in it less, but John REALLY SHINED and his descent into madness was some of the best written/best acted television I've seen in a while.

I definitely agree with that, it's not breaking any rules or boundaries, charting new territory. But it tells it's story in a very compelling way, with great acting and a sunny noir kind of feel.

I also think the leftovers is one of the best shows on television and cannot wait to see the young pope.

I liked the performances and John's storyline was good but overall it was definitely a weaker story.

I loved John's storyline is season 2, and the new character additions and much higher level of tension took it to an interesting place. I still love the fucking show, nowherr near a sophomore slump

Yeah it was, nothing happened. Forcing in Danny like that was also really dumb. They knew he was the best part of season 1 but they didn't have the balls to let him go.

>Bloodline thread

finally

>nothing happened

Why do you think that though? To me, it's only weak for the first couple of episodes (i.e., John's run for Sheriff or whatever, Danny's flashbacks as a chef). After that one bad guy dies, shit ramps up to a thousand though.

Imo

Great argument.

Breaking Bad has a much more captivating, hooky plot though. Bloodline is basically all about the relationships

You make a general, broad statement about nothing happening.

Stuff did happen. If you want a better argument from that guy, be more specific.

>The Leftovers
interesting, I really hated that show when I tried watching it because I really can't stand being deliberately fucked with by the writers. All that mystery shit just feels insulting honestly

Because Danny and his character are the strongest on the show. It felt like they were keeping Linda Cardellini in town for no reason other than plot, she did everything she could to leave the islands and now she's looking for reasons to stay? I understand there were some factors that compelled her to stay but she didn't seem to want to return to NY at all. But really Danny was what made the show run and it couldn't quite get up the same steam for season 2 without him on the cast. Leguizamo simply wasn't as good as Danny was for an antagonist.

>Danny's flashbacks as a chef
I-I liked those.

>They knew he was the best part of season 1 but they didn't have the balls to let him go

Well yeah it's a catch 22

Personally I thought the way he showed up in John scenes was played perfectly. Not some ghost shit, just John clearly thinking about what Danny would be saying if he were alive

>Stuff did happen.
Half of it was fallout from previous season and the other half was setup for season 3.

>Not some ghost shit
That's literally what it was though.

I felt the same way when I started The Leftovers, I quit it almost immediately. This past year though I went back and rewatched it, then watched season 2 and I really love it. Nora is also my favorite character on television. I really love Carrie Coon too, she's probably my favorite actress in the world.

Fair enough. I wasn't as bothered by Linda's NY storyline or how she acted, mainly because I didn't care as much for it.

I meant no offense, friend. Have a comfy Gondola.

So you agree with me then, stuff did in fact happen.

>that ep where Nora and the black mom face off

>Forcing in Danny like that was also really dumb.
No it wasn't, it made you learn more about him as a character.

The fact that he was trying to do right by his son made his death that much more heartbreaking retroactively. The show really yo-yos your opinion of Danny as you watch. You start out being sympathetic, then you start hating him, then you start liking him again through the flashbacks.

It's not really that I cared for her New York storyline, it just was out of character for her to be staying on the islands when she had the opportunity to leave which there were multiple times this year that she had the opportunity. She's supposed to hate the islands I thought right? That's kind of the point of her character, so there should have been a more compelling reason that she stayed

but it is nitpicking a little bit. The biggest flaw this year was the lack of Danny, and I mean in the main storyline not flashbacks

>That's literally what it was though.

But it wasn't though. Sure we "see" him but it's just John imagining he's there. It's not like he comes to John as some ghostly vision, John is thinking "what would danny do"

Yeah I went from thinking John had no choice to thinking he was king of a cunt but how could John have known? Good shit

Not really.

It didn't teach anything than what we already knew. Except now they are showing it to us trough his son. You said it yourself, we like him, hate him and like him again.

Looks pretty fucking ghost like to me.

This and The Affair are clearly to mature for this board

Oh no yeah, I wasn't trying to say you didn't care for her. I just didn't pay as much attention to her as a character, so I wasn't bothered by any jarring shifts in character? Etc.

Imo, John made up for any lost Danny. Kyle Chandler's such an subtle, yet electrifying actor.

>implies he mature
>uses wrong "too"

>Looks pretty fucking ghost like to me.
cheeky cunt

The Affair is pretty good havent watched S3 yet.

>that close up on the old mans boner when alisons giving him a massage

>It didn't teach anything than what we already knew. Except now they are showing it to us through his son
Except that was a pretty big deal. Simply knowing he had a restaurant and actually watching him run it through Nolan's eyes are completely different. And we did get new information. Like how Danny chose to keep sending payments to his son rather than a loan for his restaurant for example.

>''''edits'''' his post by deleting the original on cuatro chanel

not even that guy but that's gay af son