Search your feelings, you know it to be true

Search your feelings, you know it to be true

Left is alright, right is gay

And they're both shit. Based Lucas had it right with his prequel trilogy when he made his own autistic vision instead of desperately trying to pander to audiences with nostalgia.

rogue one was actually good tho

I agree. You can say everything about how the prequels failed, but at least they were original.

Though I must admit that I was impressed by Rogue One. I had expected the worst, maybe that's why I rather liked it.

lucas packed as much nostalgia pandering as possible into the prequels though

Yes but it could have still been better. I feel Obi-Wan deserved more. But you're right. Hated or not they were original. And jar jar was just as bad as some of the stuff in new ones.

I went into the theatre to see rogue one with the whole film spoiled and thinking it was gonna be shit but I ended up really enjoying it.

I'd heard it was gonna be a gritty war flick and then about the reshoots and I was worried they'd turned it into another capeshit romp like TFA

turned out they'd stuck to their guns and it really paid off

This. I heard a bunch of shit so I wasn't expecting much. Thought it was quite good actually.

There is plenty of pandering around the periphery but they stood on their own feet as movies way more than these two.

>The Force Awakens
>Reddit

>Rogue One
>4vchan

The poster on the right has a more obvious SW aesthetic than the Rogue one poster, imo.

is that a bad thing? rogue one did something different even with the copy pasted assets and it gets shit on, tfa was copy pasted assets and copy pasted everything else and people suck up to it

pretty accurate.

well abrams is a hack. i already know rouge one is a thousand times better and i still havent seen it.

TFA: Rehash
R1: Fan faction

>at least they were original.
The Phantom Menace is basically just the first draft of Star Wars except the plot is altered enough for it to not be a remake of The Hidden Fortress. Lucas didn't think it was good enough in 1975, and he ended up reusing it.

It's not about doing something different.

It's about doing something well. Rogue One wasn't done well.

Hahahaha you fucking scumbag Lucas had a ton of pandering

>well abrams is a hack. i already know rouge one is a thousand times better and i still havent seen it.
you'll really enjoy it desu senpai, everyone said the characters were underwritten which is kinda true but I still liked them all

and the force awakens was? it may as well have been subtitled; Jedis assemble!

How can't TFA be fan-fiction in its true definition, when you have a girl who is all-powered and can handle anything, do anything. Without any explanation. Poorly written. Just bad. Literraly girly FAN-FICTION. Right in the definition.

At the end of rogue one I was genuinely sad that I'd never get to see the characters again

At the end of The force awakens I felt sad knowing I was stuck with them for two more films

So you're implying that the prequels were just as unoriginal as TFA? That's ridiculous

I hate this bullshit about Rogue One being bad because it has things from Ep IV - VI in it.

It was set literally right fucking before IV, and is connected that story.

Did people compain that TIE fighters were in Empire Strikes Back because they were in A New Hope too, and that's just pandering?

Rogue One did exactly what it set it to do: tell a Star Wars story. And it did it well. Do these fags not like it because it lacked space wizards and all the force shit?

Rogue One is fanfiction because it's designed to appeal to the sort of autistic fanboys that can't separate different interests in what they consume.

>I like Star Wars. I also like military, so I'm it makes sense to smash these two things together inorganically. I also like Dragon Ball Z, so I would appreciate seeing Goku fight Vader.

*Military dramas

you're a fucking retard that's for sure
>star wars
>star
>wars

it's literally in the fucking title you fuck, the OT was basically wwII in space for fuck sake and now people are complaining because they tried to recapture the tone from empire?

but sure whatever let's just go full capeshit

>instead of desperately trying to pander to audiences with nostalgia.
Did you forget about all the needless callbacks and cameos from OT characters? The prequels are full of unnecessary fan service and pandering; Lucas even talks about it in behind the scenes videos. His whole rationale for the Yoda fight was "people are going to love seeing him whip out his little laser sword, they've been waiting for this," for example.

This guy wrote first But i will still write - you are a retard.

>and the force awakens was?
No, Force Awakens is fucking derivative garbage that didn't bother trying to do anything new besides hire more women and darkies.

>The Froce Awakens
>Reddit

>Rogue One
>Reddit

what did he mean by this?

>Your Post
>Reddit

>My Post
>Sup Forums

>Froce Awakens

fuck, that actually made me kek

Don't stress yourself over these gaylords. Not worth losing your brain cells over.

The prequels were more original, but still had tons of nostalgia baiting.

>It was DARTH VADER who made C3PO!
>Boba Fett is some clone of a Maori!
>Yoda knows kung fu!
>Sheev!
>Remember The Force? It's biological in origin!

I don't understand how this is nostalgia baiting.

Jesus Christ shut the fuck up already

>Do these fags not like it because it lacked space wizards and all the force shit?

>he thinks a movie with quip vader force choking again and some azn mumbling i'm one with the force the force is with me = lack of space wizards and the force

Bruh. That's the opposite of nostalgia pandering. Midichlorians completely shat on the idea of the force. Also the force is the thread of the entire Star Wars franchise. Using that in a Star Wars movie is no different from setting the movie in space.

Prequels explaining The Force is like Rogue One explaining the fatal flaw in the Death Star.

>The Force isn't really mystical u guise! Midichlorians!

>The Death Star doesn't have a fatal flaw in it because the Empire is a sprawling heartless technocrat bureaucracy. It's because Mads put it in there on purpose!

It's also like explainining how C3PO was made by...DARTH VADER!

>Midichlorians completely shat on the idea of the force.
so did episode 7 desu senpai

it's now harry potter magic where the lighsaber chooses the wizard and unlocks hidden memories

>Capeshit
>Star Wars

Literally the same fucking audience

That was barely even in the film

Giving forced explanations of common topics in the previous movies (origin stories) is nostalgia pandering.

>Remember the Force? Guess what guys? You'll never believe this. It's due to your Midichlorian count in your blood!

>Remember C3PO? Guess what guys? You'll never believe this. He was made by Darth Vader!

>Remember Luke and Leia's parents? Guess what guys? You'll never believe this. Three whole movies about their parents!

>Remember when Obi Wan talks about the clone wars? Guess what guys? You'll never believe this. Attack of the clones!

>Remember that huge plot hole in Star Wars where an exhaust port can bring down a whole space station? Guess what guys? You'll never believe this. The guy who designed it didn't even want to! He was forced to! He put it in there on purpose!

Midichlorians did shit on the idea of the Force. But it was still a Nostalgia Callback. It's the only reason it's in the movie.

it never used to be

>>The Force isn't really mystical u guise! Midichlorians!
>>The Death Star doesn't have a fatal flaw in it because the Empire is a sprawling heartless technocrat bureaucracy. It's because Mads put it in there on purpose!
Ok I understand this point, but I wouldn't call that nostalgia baiting really, it's more like nostalgia shitting actually, because of how both shit on pre-established ideas or concepts.
I do agree with what I think you're trying to say though: every Star Wars related product ever released was firmly based in referencing the universe established by previous movies, but in my opinion it's only lately they've been doing so in a more heavy-handed manner.

It became nostalgia shitting because the writers genuinely thought people would like those explanations instead of being revolted.

How can the prequels be nostalgia pandering. They are literally the preceding three parts to the same story.

TINY

Is that your dick?

worse, it's yours

>Two sides of the same coin
May the brainwash be with you

And there's no reason to say Darth Vader made C3PO besides nostalgia pandering.

There's also no reason to say the Clone Wars were all Boba Fett clones besides nostalgia pandering.

STREAMING ROGUE ONE

cytu be/r/ kinotheque

Rogue One is the Majoras mask to The Force Awaken's Ocarina of Time

When a force awakens came out the only people that didn't like it were poltards and me because I thought it sucked ass?

No because Ocarina of Time is still a good game where Majora's Mask takes everything that makes it good and goes deeper where The Force Awakens shits on it's series while Rogue One stays truer to it's series.

Even though both were mediocre, I liked R1 more because at least it had an original story instead of just ripping off Star Wars.

No.

So they are original shit, ok

Except Force Awakens was literally nothing but Star Wars whereas Rogue One was a completely pointless cash-in that only existed to fill a gap between the releases of episodes 7 and 8.

eh no wonder I didn't like rogue one that much. Star Wars is kind of shit, glad JJ marveled it up.

Great bait.

I agree with you on this.

>Except Force Awakens was literally nothing but Star Wars

RO is the epitome of capeshit though.

>shit story
>shit characters
>BUT DUDE THE ACTION SCENES AND FAN SERVICE WAS AWESOME LMAO

>good story
>good characters
>forced action scenes

You're wrong.

>>good story
>>good characters
there's no way you're talking about RO

>at least they were original

>I was genuinely sad

Actually both of them were trying to get both star wars and marvel audiences.

I didn't like The Force Abrams alien designs. I'll give Abrams credit for going more practical in some areas but his generic alien blobs made Dexter Jettser look like Boba Fett. Production design was great on Rogue One

I'm excited to see what Rian Johnson brings to episode 8. Really depressed that the director of Episode 9 is going to be the dude that did Jurassic World.