Can someone please explain to me why everyone is jerking off about this album

Can someone please explain to me why everyone is jerking off about this album
>vintage!
>synthpop
>hell yeah dude i love stranger things haha

wew lads

>he doesn't know that the industry is shilling it
it was same with josh tillman, brockhampton, tyler the creator... the list could go on.

Is it so hard for you to believe that people are genuinely passionate about MGMT?

I want Andrew VanWyngarden to blind me with his seed

Customer feedback shill ^

because i like mgmt and its been a while since they put out an album

that's why

that one faggot from youtube has been pushing them, plus the artsy indie kids love Oracular Spectacular, and this is kind of a return to form for them
they are brainlets and don't realize that Congratulations is by far their best album. instead they dismiss it as "weird", even though it really isn't

Little Dark Age and maybe When you Die are the only songs worth writing home about. The rest is a Tame Impala and generic synthpop mashup. Not bad by any means but not EBIN.

Congratulations is legitimately one of the best modern psychpop albums and it's great that they're releasing music again

sounds good desu, second best album this year

Jesus dude, its a fun synth pop album, lighten up. People saying its aoty or greatest thing ever are obviously exaggerating but its still a good listen.

you sound fun

some yes, but there is definitely shilling from the industry bots all over Sup Forums. just wait for p4k to give it bnm. that would mark the second wave of shilling. this now is the first wave. you're welcome.

It's the first non meme rap album to come out this year that has gotten any bandwidth on Sup Forums.

link?

They pulled a Radiohead early in their career by eschewing the college-freshmen core pop that made them famous for "difficult" music. The results weren't quite as good as Radiohead's, but it gave them the moral high ground and a dedicated fanbase while rivals like Foster the People and Empire of the Sun descended into irrelevance and/or self parody, leaving MGMT as basically the last indie rock band standing.

You also get instant patrician points if you claim that your favorite album of theirs is Congratulations or S/T, because it separates you from the plebs still blasting "Electric Feel" 10 years later, which makes them appealing to the Sup Forumstants who are obsessed with personal branding (aka most of us).

I'd have proofread this post, had a think. Then chosen not to post it.

t. But the amount of patricians on here have died down severely

>You also get instant patrician points if you claim that your favorite album of theirs is Congratulations or S/T, because it separates you from the plebs still blasting "Electric Feel" 10 years later, which makes them appealing to the Sup Forumstants who are obsessed with personal branding (aka most of us).
Do you feel a little ashamed for typing this?

>he thinks the industry cares about Sup Forums

we're incredibly irrelevant, i would like it if you stopped perpetuating the meme that anyone gives a shit about the opinions expressed on this board.

>leaving MGMT as basically the last indie rock band standing
want to know how I know you're in high school?

Well they clearly don't check the catalog before starting threads. Easy to get the impression that someone is spamming it.
>7 LDA threads

only thing i can think of is that it was guerilla marketing at Sup Forums

it started before the album was out just in time to do some buzz

also the threads seem to be full of people who are fanatic/paid to be fanatic

I think this is basically the truth.
Maybe there are some KPOP and Grimes shills,
but I'm one of the lads posting MGMT all over Sup Forums right now, and I'm getting literally nothing from it. I just like them and think it's fun.

>15 year old grammar
>muddled and unclear thesis
>Poor usage of common memes
Either high class bait or a retard

Same, plus I think it's funny how buttblasted some anons get

>Easy to use marketing vector
>Ignoring it
user I....

Damage control shills
No need to hide it :^)

the one exception is will, he actually shills here, but now he does it to piss us off

>Inducing meta discussion of shilling is a great way to harvest bumps for your thread

given that in the current political climate even associating with a website that allows the usage of the word "nigger" is brand suicide, i highly doubt they'd bother. plus the amount of traffic Sup Forums gets is almost certainly less than a multitude of other websites. stop being delusional about this board's importance.

Hey bro, I got nothin' to prove.
It's your fault for thinking anyone really cares about this dump.

Kinda dissapointed at the album. There's some good tracks but overall it's not great. I'm a huge mgmt fan by the way.

You're anonymous here friendo. I'd promote my albums here.

Umm, who's "we" again?

This is tumblr/reddit, the band

Who is more of a fool
>The one who suspects shilling
or the
>The one who is booty-blasted at the one who suspects shilling

yes, you would because you're nobody. you'd promote your albums wherever you could manage. if you think big time acts like MGMT are hiring people/setting up bots to appeal to the very small Sup Forums demographic (a demographic that takes pride in piracy) then you're delusional.

It's a grower ;)

Sup Forums, stupid.

Should I inform Columbia Records that their artists are being discussed on a neo-nazi forum? Get them to shut it down just to save face?

I think getting a few interns to spend time here would be a good idea.

How many people actively use mu? And we have a bit of influence on fantano, and he has a pretty large audience...

My opinions are my own. I do not necessarily hold or condone the opinions of the other anonymous users of this forum.

Pitchfork has always hated MGMT.

no we don't. the time when we had influence on fantano has long since passed, despite the audience crossover.

didn't say otherwise.

I'd like to know why everyone jerks off over the most popular and generic top 40 "psych pop" band at the moment. They have 2-3 fun songs.

It would seem that discussing the ABSOLUTE STATE of Sup Forums can easily trump discussion of this album.

It is literally my job to harvest (you)s and keep this thread on page 1

that's always the case with every album or artist. meta-threads and meta tangents are always more popular than the discussion at hand, because everyone may not have an opinion on the artist being discussed, but they almost certainly have an opinion on the state of the board and how they'd like it to be.

Little Dark Age is MGMT's best album. Now before you groan, this isn't some contrarian opinion, this is objective fact. With this album the band shows their true colors: shallow, tasteless, banal, trend-hopping talentless hacks. Instead of Andrew & Ben hiding behind adolescent, pseudo-intellectual "deep" lyricism, they immerses themselves in the kind of hallow, bland pop writing they represents at heart. Instead of dipping their toes in different styles like in the past, they go full-on, even bringing on Ariel Pink to complete the scene. Little Dark Age is MGMT at their most primal - stupid, angsty, immature, and vapid and it's better to embrace that fact than to continue hiding behind a false sense of depth. Little Dark Age is a more honest record than anything else MGMT has attempted, because it strips away every pretense and put-on they have cheated two generations of GenZers and Millennials with for over 10 years. Every MGMT album is ultimately an exercise in formulaic mediocrity (especially intelligence-insulting Congratulations), but Raditude gives it to us straight: bad, but no bullshit. Every kissless virgin MGMT "fan" is oblivious to how truly awful they are, even during their so-called "classic period". They've proved nothing beyond their less-than-basic understanding of what makes a hit, and even then I balk at whoever was moronic enough to support the band by making their songs hits to begin with. Fuck MGMT, and fuck every loser who likes them.

>They're still giving my shitty posts (you)s

just wait and you'll see that it is irrelevant.

What's a DPH?

Little Dark Age is an excellent song about either a good DPH trip or a bad psychedelic trip. Actual compelling psych song desu.

>and fuck every loser who likes them
stopped reading there

Diphenhydramine, (benadryl_. Overdosing on it induces a psychosis similar to sever schizophrenia. The meme is that it's a drug for dumb middle-schoolers who can't score shrooms.

>but Raditude
you fucked up

no u

Oh right... I've robo tripped, and I can actually really hear that now in the movement of the song. That shit is funky.

yes

im going to kill myself right now

i don't fucking get it man.

the effect processing on the vocals in LDA is so. fucking. bad. takes me right out of the song.

how do you enjoy this? are you ignoring the music and just taking in the bland aesthetic they went for? is that all it is?

seriously how the fuck can you enjoy these songs. explain it to me. i've listened many times over and they're all just awful. lazy, uninspired.

>reddit spacing
You need to go back

>Thats where he stopped writing
The memery on this board is getting out of hand

>defending THE reddit band
the door's that way, champ

get on the level bruh

people have been discussing MGMT on Sup Forums for at least five years. the first MGMT thread i saw was in 2013.

plebbit doesn't own MGMT, stop being gay.
your meme is forced and so are you.

>wasn't here in 2010

wow gramps it blew right by u didn't it?

the NEW meme is to quote the final few words of a post and say "stopped reading there".

SO AS TO IMPLY YOU READ THE WHOLE THING! HAHAHA

fuck i love Sup Forums

i wasn't.

god why do people have to be so fucking offensive about music and people's tastes. like jesus christ get over yourself. if you find yourself in a war to prove that what someone else likes is trash or that your opinion is more correct than someone else's, you've lost.

WOOOOOOOW

You're honestly irredeemably fucking retarded if you think that song is about drugs. You probably think every song is about drugs.

wow meemaw! It blew right past you!
The new MEME is to ironically imply that im retarded (as bait, i am not retarded aha, just ask my wifes son) and that i am too STUPID to apply simple reading comprehension!

the latest meme is to reply to other user's shit flinging with a meta response containing nothing substantial

Irony is beautiful

GO FUCK YOURSELF

they gave a lukewarm review on LDA as a single and didn't even bother reviewing the other ones. There is no way this is getting a score greater than 7.0,.

What would you let her do to you, Sup Forums?

she works out too much is literally the only thing ive ever wanted from this band

>There is no way this is getting a score greater than 7.0,.
good

it's their best, but its getting shilled to fuck because the people who are jerking off to this album never listened to
Part Time
Jerry Paper
pre Pom Pom Ariel Pink
John Maus

hell im starting to think that people forgot about Neon Indian on this board lmao

based.

>>muddled and unclear thesis
How was it unclear? He clearly argued that MGMT became more experimental after their debut album, similar to Radiohead's career.

I will never forget neon indian, bless his heart

What's the first?

Because its literally the best Animal Collective album since Merriweather Post Pavilion...which is funny because its not animal collective.

Cause it’s MGMT season baby!

darn, ive heard comparisons to pink, the unicorns, the cure, stevie moore, maus, spacemen3, kraftwerk, and beachboys

keep it coming lads, all the conflicting opinions just add to the album’s magnitude

because people like mgmt and its been a while since they released a good album. is that hard to understand?