This is the closest rock music has come to being high art

This is the closest rock music has come to being high art

>le high art man

Broadcast and Stereolab did it better, desu. I do like the Brian Wilson-esque singing tho.

hehe...meme

Just because it came out early doesn't make it good.

More like The Unite States of Amemeca

*insert pretentious bullshit as thread opener"

Nope. RHCP achieved that years ago.

It's not even pretentious
You can listen to it and immediately hear that it sounds good even if you're the most normal of normalfags

this ish is rad, thanks for the rec!

>it's high art because it sounds good
Stop

It's good but it's just another good psych record. The first track is great tho.

Joe Byrd was a composer who injected a lot of what he was studying into the songs e.g. Where is Yesterday and the sound collage at the end. Clearly not the _closest_ rock has to art music but it's on the spectrum.

No I know. He was studying ethnomusicology I believe, and the rest of the band were all art/intellectuals as well, and they all wanted to start a rock band but knew nothing about rock music.

But that's not what user just said. He said it "soudns good"

Yeah he's retarded or baiting. Nice to see someone else who knows their stuff though

Have you heard the Field Hippies album?

I'm not saying it's art JUST BECAUSE it sounds good
I'm saying it's not pretentious because it sounds good to anyone

1) it doesn't sound good to anyone/everyone.
2) I don't think you know what pretentious means

NOT pretentious
And I was replying to a guy saying it WAS pretentious

Do you think intellectuals who were largely unfamiliar with rock music, trying to make rock music more intellectual, was pretentious?

No
I don't think pretentious is really a good word to describe music but it's the word the guy I replied to used sooo

Any attempt to intellectualize something that is inherently nonintellectual could be viewed as pretentious

Holy shit all of you are fucking retarded and don't get it. Just listen to the music.

literally kys

What's a pleb doing in a patrician thread?

It's a masterpiece.