What are some shows with reverse character development...

What are some shows with reverse character development? As in the in the beginning the characters are flawed but overall more or less decent or good people but progressively become shittier and shittier people?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OZW6nqYWXXg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Breading Back

Seinfeld

How I Met Your Mother sans Marshall and Barney ironically enough
They don't acknowledge it though

Always Sunny, full stop.

They're always anti-social idiots on some level, but it gets worse every season. And it's great for it.

Always sunny is different, you're never meant to believe the gang are decent people in any way and it does this amazingly.

good thread idea. bump.

30 Rock for Jenna. She gets crazier and more vindictive

As far as movies, Hugh Jackman in The Prestige

Not really a tv show but Chief becomes more foul mouthed and dickish

This is usually looked at as Flanderizing the characters or whatever.

Like just yesterday there was a thread of people bitching about how characters in TPB got dumber as the show went on.

I like the idea of reverse character development though. As long as it's on purpose and not just redundant bullshit because the writers couldn't think of how else to write the characters.

Bad Santa 2?

Alan's only trait was being poor
Charlie was a coke addict
Jake joined a cult

What did you expect to happen?

Peep Show

Like with IASIP they don't start off as good people but they do get worse.

The Simpsons and Family Guy

this

they really ramp it up, still good though
the Mickey Rourke running joke got me every time
youtube.com/watch?v=OZW6nqYWXXg

Lily was such a piece of shit holy fuck

every sitcom ever

friends
walking dead (although i dropped it midway through S3)
arrested development (to a degree)
the 100 (but they do it soo well & intentionally)
jackie chan ... shit

the 100
>oprah winfrey shouting "everyone's getting ptsd"

What about him?

Friends is a great example. Monica actually tries to con a woman out of her baby. I always found that scene more creepy than funny.

Literally all sitcoms

Insert that jpg about character traits being gradually exaggerated into retardation

what about characters who become real human beans

>the 100 (but they do it soo well & intentionally)

Except for Bellamy's turn in season 3. That was just too rushed.

>Began as a suave, charismatic, competent and charmingly competent do-gooder with a clear purpose in life.
>Became a wimpy, incompetent comic relief who whines every episode about his own uselessness and appears to be disliked by most of the team.

Why was Two and a Half Man so successful? Were the jokes and comedy really that good, or just Charlie being Charlie? Will there ever be a sitcom as famous and successful as this one?. At one point Charlie was earning close to 2mil per episode, and is still ranked as the most paid TV actor, even today's most popular shows like GoT don't pay their actors that much.

Macbeth

He meant that originally the gang were portrayed as more normal guys, which actually cared for the well being of their friends like we see in the episode "Charlie Has Cancer", but that under that, they were sociopaths.
Modern Sunny, they are straight up maniacs

This. It was really killing my boner. She didn't deserve Marshall.

He really was, Sup Forums forgive me for saying this, winning during that time.

charlie sheen is one of the top heads of hollywoods pedophile ring
the shit h must have on pretty much all studio execs / producters / agents etc
even with with meltdown im surprised hes still not being forced on the public in some form

Same with Arrested Development

>This is usually looked at as Flanderizing the characters or whatever.
30 Rock actually got better when its characters got flanderized.

Bump

Jim and Pam from 'The Office'

This show is great

the normal, "relatable" characters revealed themselves to be antisocial, narcissistic plodders while the "annoying" and eccentric characters proved their value and personal merit throughout the course of the show. perhaps with the exception of daryl and toby

Nightcrawler comes to mind

for tv, It's Always Sunny is exactly that.

Lily was a piece of shit from the start of the show though. She walked out on Marshall and came back after he started getting dates