Post documentary kino

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NHnF85dww3M
youtube.com/watch?v=gQtNtg1XeDs
youtube.com/watch?v=GHs2coAzLJ8
youtube.com/watch?v=0WjYitGWrYg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Some of the shots are very Kubrick-esque

Haven't seen it yet, but it's on my list for sure. Also, pic related.

Looks neat, I'll have to give it a watch.

Samsara.

That's the most tedious doco I've ever tried to watch. Why do you keep forcing it here?

Roger and Me

Bro its my first time posting it, I literally watched it for the first time last night.

Feel free to post some docs you think are better.

all of herzog's docos.

is the "sequel" any good? Can't remember the name right now.

Don't mean to sound edgy here, but it'll be great once all the veterans finally die so we can stop glorifying war for once in our lives, or at least begin to stop.

Forgive my stupid question, but is the movie supposed to freeze frame a lot? I started watching it, but it kept freezing, and I didn't know if it's something wrong with my disc, or if the movie just does that.

BRBRBRBLBEEEERBLRBRBLRBREEERLRLLRLRLRLRRRRREEEBRLBRLRAALRBLABRELEBEBERLRLBRB

iirc yes, but I havent seen it in years.

Damn it feels good to be a fake diplomat

greatest documentary ever made?

This was surprisingly good.

But Herzog loved the act of killing

Yeah he has an EP credit on it too.

The Look of Silence, still haven't seen it though. It doesn't seem nearly as acclaimed or as popular as The Act of Killing fwiw, but that's probably because its much less ambitious.

This was a very emotional moment but I couldn't help but laugh because his retching sounds exactly like the effect they use on Tim and Eric.

Capturing the Friedmans
Team Foxcatcher
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
The Realms of the Unreal

>Yeah he has an EP credit on it too.
Maybe if he'd narrated it instead it would have been a lot less boring

It's pretty fantastic on its own but neither is it as outlandish or as hard-hitting as Act. Especially if you've seen Act already. It is still very much worth watching if only to give the other side its share of screentime.

Really though, what the fuck was up with this? Why did he start retching?

Funny as fuck, depressing as fuck.

Soo good.

no, still manages to be somewhat likeable

My opinion is throughout the whole film he and his cronies were very proud of the dark shit they did and built up this idea that they were loved, admired and popular heroes.
But when when he comes back to that basement where he murdered and tortured so many people and he start bragging and pantomiming his methods I think it really finally hit him.
He had a moment of clarity and remembered some particular event and that opened the floodgates of self loathing and disgust he was hiding for decades.
Or he could have been drunk, or poisoned by cronies for talking. I think about that country and can only think that's what the world would be like if the fascists won.

Recommending Herzogs doc on the Lascaux cave painting and Hearts of Darkness: the making of Apocalypse now.

this desu

Grizzly man.

Poor fuck thought he was tapping into the bear dimension by living beside bears. When the park rangers came to investigate the island, the entire bear population was vicious and charging at the rangers - turns out they saw Grizzly man only as a docile food supply.

>The camera had been turned on just before the attack, presumably by Huguenard, but the camera recorded only six minutes of audio before running out of tape. This, however, was enough time to record the bear's initial attack on Treadwell and his agonized screams, its retreat when Huguenard attacked it, its return to carry Treadwell off into the forest, and Huguenard's screams of horror as she is left alone.

Grizzly man is a thriller of a flick, that dude had some balls to get that close to bears with a total lack of fear and a bolstered ignorance.It was appropriate that he was killed by a bear, but the girl he was with deserved a better ending.

Came to post this

Anything by Adam Curtis. You may disagree with his arguments but his style is impeccable and very engaging.

How could this be better than Made In America?

it's not 10 hours long

Exactly. Kino needs time.

The longer, the harder the kino hits.

Name pls

Mostly agree. I just watched Bitter Lake, and while the history of colonialism in Afghanistan was fascinating, there was some distracting audio editing choices.

Just rewatched The Trap. So fucking good.

Some wildly different kino docs
Earthlings
>How does your food reach your plate?
King of Kong:Fistful of quarters
>An interesting rivalry for the world record in Kong
Murderball
>Disabled wheelchair basketball players being badasses.
Touching the void
>Crazy survival story about a mountain climber that broke his leg and crawled down the mountain, reenacted by the two climbers.
Encounters at the end of the world
Jesus Camp
>Cult like camp for christian kids(or is it catholic?)
Human
>People from around the world talk about various things, giving a glimpse into the human experience. mixed in with some amazing planet shots
Terra
>Visually amazing doc about the rise of the planet and it's desctruction due to humans.
Koyanisqatsi/samsara/Chronos/Samsara
>top kino visual docs
Deep Water
>Follows the disastrous first non stop solo sailing race around the world.
Searching for sugar man
>Detroit musician who never really made it big turns out to be HUGE in south africa.
Undefeated
>bunch of poor kids go from the shittiest football team to one of the best due to some epic coaching and determination
Dear Zachary
>Canadian legal system drops the ball HARDCORE on a murder case.
Carts of Darkness
>A look inside homeless bottle collectors who ride shopping carts down the hills of north vancouver
The pink room
>Investigating the underage prostitution scene in cambodia
Jiro Dreams of Sushi
>Follows a famed sushi chef who is one of the most professional and artistically focused people on earth.
The crash reel
>A rising snowboard star gets a concussion and struggles to let go of his snowboarding career, even though it could eventually kill him.
Encounters at the end of the world
>Wener Herzog goes to Antarctica and hangs out with a bunch of weirdly interesting people, checks out a volcano, gets some amazing underwater shots and watches as penguins wander off into the unknown
Style wars
>Look into the graffiti scene in new york city around the 80's.

U the man user

as an indonesian i want to point out that the main person being interviewed is malaysian (which is never mentioned) and the documentaries are pretty much a dutch cuck trying to guilt indonesians into thinking killing commies is bad and making the good guys look bad.

youtube.com/watch?v=NHnF85dww3M

>it's okay to kill people because they disagree with me ideologically

You sure do sound like a Communist. In any case, kill yourself.

wow what a witty reply Jon Lebotowitz!

I would also suggest "Little Dieter Needs to Fly"

youtube.com/watch?v=gQtNtg1XeDs

Most of these Documentaries here have some kickass title.

This is, beyond a shadow of a doubt, the most powerful documentary I have ever watched.

youtube.com/watch?v=GHs2coAzLJ8

classic

17 hours of comfy

This is veering into the Mondo/shockumentary genre which I'm totally OK with.
More titles
Mondo Cane the one that started it all Italy/62
Mondo Magic
Mondo Asia
First Faces of Death
All classics

Bet you felt the BERN several months ago.

>glorifying war is bad
>saying it will be great when people die

what the fuck kind of liberal are you

Don't worry, user, there will be a new big war coming up and the cycle will reset.

IT'S ALL RIGHT
IT'S OKAY

Earthlings was the most disturbing shit I've ever seen. I'm never gonna watch that ever again. Made me a vegetarian for like a week.

Also pic related is easily in my top 3 documentaries ever

A couple 30 for 30 if you are into that sort of thing

Catching hell
The 4 falls of Buffalo
This Magic Moment
Birth of Big air
Survive and advance

OY VEY A COMMIE

I didn't think was particularly great but I thought it was funny when the anti-gay character from Jesus Camp turned out to be soliciting gay meth prostitutes irl

Kill yourself you little shit. War is not a game. It's terrifying.

That concert made me realize how adorable Tina Weymouth is

youtube.com/watch?v=0WjYitGWrYg
why isnt this a meme on Sup Forums yet?
its this doco (and Drive) that Hotline Miami was inspired by.
soundtrack is even done by Jan Hammer, the composer who did Miami Vice

All female bassists are cute af.

love cocaine cowboys, better than most fucking action movies you could be bothered to watch.

Especially:
when the guy tows the police boat while smuggling a ton of pure coke

>all these posts
>no Electric Boogaloo
are you fags even trying?
I was shitting my pants with laughter watching this

Why are documentaries so pretentious nowadays? srsly like half the shit postet itt seems intredasting, but the poster and title just seem so pretentious it's a total turnoff.

Back in the day documentaries were about what they're telling, not how they're telling

I like old documentaries. Post more old shit like from the 80's and earlier.

This one's from 1946. Also it has the first colour footage ever shot on antarctica.

this pure keeno

>muh gravel

>seems pretentious.
because you are projecting and horribly prejudiced.

too tiresome

chinese people are racist as fuck
gross