youtube.com/watch?v=YZY-X6exJNg&ab_channel=RickSanchez
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no

obligatory "reddit"

there now you dont have to say it

can't wait for interdimensional cable 3

you know i am OP why did you even ask

Of course.
It's one of the few things I'm genuinely excited for.

WHEN THE FUCK ARE THEY GOING TO DROP SOME SOLID UPDATES?

I kinda like this show. It feels like the spiritual successor to Futurama.

Of course not every episode is good. The get schwifty episode was horrible

it'll make it that much more satisfying

You really do need to get into the mindset of a Redditor normie to understand why this show is so popular.

These people have never heard of adult animation in their lifes that wasn't stuff like Family Guy, it was completely alien to them. And they can't laugh at these shows because they consider these shows stupid. They want a show that isn't necessarily smart or funny or well-written, but that appears to be to appeal to their surface-level taste. Because these people live for that mindless self-validation. They don't actually understand what makes for good writing or good comedy, nor have they ever picked a book about physics. They want to pretend they do so and circlejerk themselves, that's what matters.

Rick and Morty is just perfect for its demographic: these same college-age self-important Bernouts who "fucking love science". The entire foundation of the show is built upon the dichotomy between "silly sci-fi humor and references" and " things are super deep and tragic bro". This pseudo-intellectual "nothing even matters, I'm insecure about existence, we are all going to die" bullshit that R&M shits out in almost every episode is what appeals to it's audience. The show doesn't actually have the tact to even begin to offer an interesting presentation and discussion of any philosophy, so it spouts these edgy teenage catchphrases.

Nevermind the bean-headed, noodle-limbed unexpressive character design, or how the story is non-existent and only comes up when the writers beg you to feel something for these characters so devoid of substance, or how the entire show is a trendy forgettable scenario of the week memefest with just enough sci-fi references to trick normies into thinking they are smart for understanding them, or how the characters have somehow been reduced to even more obnoxious caricatures than before, none of these things matter.

What matters is that it appeals to the millenial redditor audience, and that's what's selling Rick and Morty.

Fuck that show give me venture bros season 7 instead

the balloon subplot was pretty funny

>This pseudo-intellectual "nothing even matters, I'm insecure about existence, we are all going to die" bullshit that R&M shits out in almost every episode is what appeals to it's audience
Not sure if this is pasta but this part definitely stood out to me. What exactly brought about this trend?

weak bait

what does Sup Forums think of my embroidery?

>Of course not every episode is good. The get schwifty episode was horrible

Fuck off I liked that episode.

Shows how easily humanity can be swayed by anything they can't understand

After the shitty season 2... no...

eyes fucked up but nice. i wouldn't be able to do this if i tried for three days.

Nice pasta, friend.

Is there even a date or an ETA?

I really hope there's at least 3 episodes where the parents realize their relationship is in serious trouble and consider a divorce but reconcile at the end.

since i heard they got triggered over the election, i cant wait to see a alien named Frumpt who controls the planet and makes things great again.

I'm excited. Watched all of season 2 on the recent road trip. was enjoyable

heard it here first people

What do you like?

It's a 20 minute cartoon, of course it won't offer a substantial discussion of philosophy.

As said before, it feels like the spiritual successor to Futurama.

This show is painfully unfunny and tried so hard to act edgy, how can anyone like it?

The bean headed, generally grotesque art alone makes it difficult to look at.

well since the federation took over the planet it would be the perfect setup. like fuck man, jerry already has a job.

I like it

get ready for the the
best
Season
EVAR

reddit and morty

That really embraced my diversity

oh god

BURP LOL

it was a coincidence that there were no women writers
it is now a coincidence that they're half women

if the reason for rick and morty's success relied on not hiring women as writers than im all for it

People will shit about this post because it's right.

>getting triggered over someones triggered post

That isn't what triggering means.

The big heads story was alright, but Rick's song about shitting on the floor was stupid, childish, and disgusting.

No, Season 2 was pretty uninspired, most of the episodes from Season 2 follow the same formula as from Season 1. I guess the creators didn't expect the critical acclaim so they played it safe and took smaller risks in Season 2. If Season 3 plays out to be like Season 3, I'm going to stop watching the show entirely. Also the Season 2 Finale was complete crap.

PS: I'm not Justin Roiland, I just hated the way Season 2 was written,

>Rick's song about shitting on the floor was stupid, childish, and disgusting

They're making fun of how just the stupidest shit can become a hit in the world of music

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

>"nothing even matters, I'm insecure about existence, we are all going to die"

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that thought this part of the show was cringy. I fucking hated when everything thought that Morty saying life doesn't matter was so deep.

whoa
really exercised my neurons

>They're making fun of how just the stupidest shit can become a hit

No they weren't. They were just showing off their jewish preoccupation with perversity.

I know Reddit sure is haha

I want good writers, whether they hire a writer that's Black, Gay, Paralyzed or a Woman doesn't mean shit to mean. All I care is that they're good at what they do. I don't want them hiring someone just so they can be "diverse" because that doesn't make the show better and in fact is just pandering. If they hire a great writer that so happens to be be a woman, then that's all cool but I don't want them hiring a Female writer just because they need a Female writer.

it doesn't really mean anything

then who will write shows for blacks, gays, paralysed folk or women?

surely they have a point of view/sense of humour only able to be fairly and accurately represented by someone who has experienced life through their lens?

Yes it does, you're letting people tell you misinformation.

That episode was brutal - people seem to really like it though.

Rick and Morty don't really tackle any of the those topics, the most they do is tackle is fake deep philosophy about the universe having no meaning and "God, is dead and we have killed him XD" I do get your point, There's no way a white man can see what type of things like racism is like a Black man. All they can do is understand.

im waiting for it sure, excited? not really

and do i like reddit? yeah sure its ok i guess
come the fuck at me

>its popular therefore i must hate it and call it pleb reddit cuck tier

its just like Sup Forums or this thread. the more people use it the more it loses its intended impact.

Haha us 4channers right

That doesn't keep words from meaning what they mean.

they don't have to tackle these issues user, i'm just suggesting that perhaps these groups of people are missing out because they are underrepresented in the entertainment industry.

>reddit

you're right, but unfortunately these words get thrown around so much that people forget what they mean. I guess that's what i was getting at.

Well as I stated before, I don't care about their background as writers, if they are good at what they do then I have no problem.

S3E01 MRGA (MAKE RICK GREAT AGAIN)

Earth is overrun with illegial aliens, jobs for humans have run thin, crime rate has increased a hundred fold. Amidst the chaos a familiar looking hero of the people rises, spreading hatred masked by "planetary pride". Humans overwhelmingly back this man with no regard as to how he will implement his promises/goals. Alien rights organizations headed by humans begin to protest & initiate terror attacks.
The hateful human wins & begins deporting the illegal aliens to a gigantic prison fortress, the same fortress a certain drunken scientist is jailed in.

END EPISODE 1

TEASER FOR EPISODE 2-
Summer has joined an extremist alien rights group. The group plans on attacking the prison fortress & freeing all the wrongly deported aliens. Little do they know Rick has his own ecplosive plan of escape.

>It feels like the spiritual successor to Futurama.
Not at all. Wildly different tones.

i actually love it when they do this

>S3E01
but how will beth and jerry express their dysfunctional relationship? I'm assuming jerry rises to some position of power due to his negative personality traits fitting in line with the "republican" ideals, while his family admonishes him. beth and jerry grow apart, and he's not the man she married. jerry, somehow dismantles the government inorder to show his love for beth or some bullshit.

Jerry would inadvertantly ruin the party from the inside, perhaps by accidentally barging into the Planetary presidents office (followed by press or even a spybug) and seeing the president in a giant alien orgy.

that is because you are a white middle class male and most "adult" cartoon shows are catered towards your taste by default.

there are plenty of people being left out due to a lack of voice in the creation of these shows.

>good
is entirely subjective. just because you feel as though hiring of specific types is shoehorning unfunny comedy doesn't mean that the types they are hiring to connect with are doing a bad job.

I'm looking forward to it. I already completely understand that Sup Forums's opinion of things is wrong considering that they hate this show and loved MDE. You shouldn't have revealed your hand so eagerly faggots

>replying to pasta

anyway, existential nihilism is on the rise and any argument against it is basically "but it's healthier to not believe that" which is fine, but you're still practicing denial.

Daily reminder that calling something "Reddit" isn't an argument.

THIS IS MEMES! THIS IS REDDIT!

Jerry is shown as fitting in as he supports the presidential candidate. He even dons his red hat, adorns the yard with signs etc.

Jerry is legitimately happy, he has friends, he goes to debate parties. Then he's invited to the monthly "special party", to which Beth is also invited. Upon arriving it seems nice, everyones wearing fancy suits, the wives are dressed in sexy designer dresses. Suddenly a gong is heard & all the men rush off to a shed in the yard. Jerry is confused and asks whats going on, "the bulls have arrived of course".

Not a fan of the second one desu

I bet this is where they use those female writers.

So when does Season 3 begin?

>then who will write shows for blacks, gays, paralysed folk or women

What makes you libtards think that each and every single "identity" group needs to be specifically catered to?

Fuck that, and fuck you.

yeah but this brand of existential nihilism is still an assertion in and of itself--this whole thing feels like the gay 'hard-atheism' shit that was popular in the 90's and early 2000's -- even Dawkins had to take a stand and admitted agnosticism was the only tenable position from a scientific standpoint... so why did we circle back to it?

"oh hey its actually confirmed that everything is meaningless and no i have no evidence but I don't need it anyway here are some logical fallacies to back me up"

The animation has really gone downhill since Season 2

youtube.com/watch?v=YZY-X6exJNg&ab_channel=RickSanchez

>incoherent yelling and crying
so deep. made me an atheist desu senpai

eh, nah. that's a fallacy in itself. In that case the flying spaghetti monster is plausible because there's no evidence that says it isn't real.

the lack of meaning doesn't require proof. If you're saying there's a chance of meaning then it's up to you to provide the proof. That's the scientific standpoint- and Dawkins is a known idiot. He hasn't been quoted by serious atheists in ever for a reason.

Will there be more epic celebrity guest roles?

What do you expect, he's a teenager, just look at how Rick behaved in the situation, he's too old and too drunk to give a shit. Have you ever considered they're trying to write Morty from a teenage boy's perspective, and not trying to force a narrative.

You do realise user is being tongue and cheek, god this whole thread is laughable.

No. I didn't. Given the level of total retardation I've seen from the left both during and following the election, it's hard to tell the difference anymore.

>black and white people are different
>black and white people enjoy the same things

pick ONE

Oh really?

I thought we were all the same... Get your story straight, you indoctrinated knumbskull.

Id watch it

my story hasn't changed.

different groups of people have different life experiences, ergo, different perspectives, values and more.

Good. Then let'm make their own entertainment and keep it to themselves.

Don't stupidly demand that one group must somehow pander to all the other ones.

the capitalistic infrastructure of the entertainment industry is not designed to allow historically unproven ideas through the vetting process

why is it stupid to believe that all groups should get fair representation regardless of size or power?

People who are different sometimes do enjoy the same things.

Why would we think you are Roiland for ripping on his show?

roiland has stated that he's come to Sup Forums for criticism, but left because his show had so little critical thought applied to it. he started threads himself. this was on a h3h3 interview