Ridley Scott: superhero movies have no story

>Ridley Scott, the British director famous for Alien, Blade Runner, Gladiator and The Martian, has said he would never direct a superhero movie. Speaking to Digital Spy, Scott, 79, said the genre is “not my kind of thing”.

>He said he has turned down several offers. “I can’t believe in the thin, gossamer tightrope of the non-reality of the situation of the superhero,” he said.

>“Blade Runner really is a comic strip when you think about it,” he said. “It’s a dark story told in an unreal world. You could almost put Batman or Superman in that world, that atmosphere, except I’d have a fucking good story, as opposed to no story!”

>Scott added: “Cinema mainly is pretty bad.”
theguardian.com/film/2017/jan/02/ridley-scott-superhero-movies

Based Ridley does it again.

Are there even any good filmmakers who abide capeshit?
>Gibson
>Ridley
Who else bashes it?

Too bad BvS was better than the last four Ridley Scott movies.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Why are capekids so easy to trigger?

capeshit is trash but scott hasn't made a decent movie since american gangster

>cinema is dead
>literally makes the same trash for other manchildren

Really gets those neurons firing.

>Blade Runner
>good Story

Jesus Henry this is just sad

Since Exodus, which was decent
Counselor was his last very good movie

>>Scott added: “Cinema mainly is pretty bad.”

You're not helping with shit like the Martian and Alien Covenant, Ridley.

>Are there even any good filmmakers who abide capeshit?

PTA
Del Taco
George Miller

Your brother made trash and killed himself
Maybe you should too

I hate capeshit and Nolan but the The Dark Knight and Batman Begins movies prove him wrong, he's right about the rest though.

he is right tho

Autism

I understand the sentiment but he can't discredit films like Watchmen with such a mentality

literally who?

I'd literally rather watch some god awful capeshit than anything in the last two decades of his career

I honestly liked Batman Returns and The Dark Knight more than any Ridley Scott movie

The Counselor got shit on but it's great. It felt like it was acted in the "old way", the slightly put-on, forced way that they used to do back in the 30's-60's. Or maybe that was just Brad Pitt's character.

Part of the reason TDK trilogy was so good is that the Nolans didn't try to make a "comic book movie", they just made great movies based on characters from a comic book.

It's like they looked only at the most fundamental qualities of the characters, their archetypes and their story arcs, and fleshed out the rest on their own.

Another thing I've noticed is the the best comic adaptations usually happen without a larger universe to consider. The first Raimi Spider Man was good, the 2nd was great. TDK trilogy was incredible. Hellboy 1 and 2. Dredd. Even the original TMNT. These are all movies with pretty few key players and great stories.

The Winter Soldier is the best MCU movie for the same reason; even though it's set in a larger universe and there are CGI floating aircraft carriers blowing up and crashing, the story is small and personal. It's a man trying to save his friend.

There aren't big doomsday events and MacGuffins in every comic, so why do they have to be in so many comic movies? To substitute CGI bullshit for a quality story.

user...

This, The Martian is actually my least favorite movie ever and I wish I'd never seen it

Fincher

>Prometheus

Innaritu as well, I think.

Say what you will about his past few films, they are leaps and bounds better than any capeshit since Nolan's first two Batmans. No fucking contest (yes, this includes Prometheus).

Of course he can, that movie was trash.

Youre the reason I hate this board

t. Watched the 3 hours director's cut instead of the theatrical abortion

Even then, it's inferior to the source material.
There's a good reason Watchmen tends to come up as "bad movies that nerds love for questionable reasons"

DCPajeets at it agaim