What did J. R. R. Tolkien mean by this?

What did J. R. R. Tolkien mean by this?

Nothing, he didn't make the movie.

He's probably turning in his grave

i legit do not remember this and I saw all three hobbit movies in theater

what video game is this?

These webms always make me feel better for deciding to skip the last Hobbit film.

Extended edition?

Deleted scene

I skipped the last two and have no regrets.

why the FUCK are dwarves fighting elves?

Retarded scene.

>“Revenge!” he snorted, and the light of his eyes lit the hall from floor to ceiling like scarlet lightning. “Revenge! The King under the Mountain is dead and where are his kin that dare seek revenge? Girion Lord of Dale is dead, and I have eaten his people like a wolf among sheep, and where are his sons’ sons that dare approach me? I kill where I wish and none dare resist. I laid low the warriors of old and their like is not in the world today. Then I was but young and tender. Now I am old and strong, strong, strong, Thief in the Shadows!” he gloated. “My armour is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!”

What did Tolkien mean by this?

Is this literally a video game

>Leave Sauron to me

what did he mean by this?

I never watched any of these shitty films, and I wont.

my memory only lives in seeing LotR in theatres. I tried watching the extended edition years later, and it was so fucking awful, I had to stop before I ruined anymore of my good memories.

that makes him sound badass but he's just a fat snake

fucking tl;dr m8?

high fantasy is so fucking lame

*BRRRRAAAAAAAAAPPP*

That was cool.

what am I looking at here

wait why are elves and dwarves literally killing each other

it can be good, it just usually isn't. 90-120 minute motion pictures are also a bad medium for it

pic related: goat high fantasy

This movie was absolute garbage, but I love seeing smug fuckers get btfo, and no one is more smug than an elf

>An ancient evil has awoken, you are the chosen one who must stop it

Wow what amazing and original writing

2nd isn't anywhere near as bad as the 3rd.

2nd is probably on par with 1st except it just keeps going

It's pretty bad senpai

Fucking Dwarves man

it seems like Tolkien has to manually withhold Seuss like rhyming in his prose but sometimes it breaks through

>implying sixth house is evil
from my perspective, it is the tribunal who are evil!

You can make anything sound hackneyed with a 1 sentence summary. 6/10 shitpost otherwise bud.

It's fun, and the sets are fine, especially if you like high fantasy. Just ignore the cringey parts,

>Orcs about to charge onto a spear wall and fuck themselves up
>elves jump right over into the charge, start dying, break everyone's formation, and just generally make everything worse

I normally don't think in terms of curious Frodo, but that shit was real hard to swallow.

The only thing I remember is that Ed Sheeran song...

Why did they have to be so bad ;_;

he meant OP is a fucking faggot

>they just don't understand the true storytelling power that 48 FPS and 3D gives the viewer!

Don't forget the disappearing elves.

I'm not sure how to feel about this.

On one side this looks on the surface blatantly non-Tolkien

On the other it features elves getting a huge comeuppance

Because the dickass elves want the dwarves treasure

mean by this threads are underage homo threads spawned by the no friender fat ass of the classroom.

fuck off /lit/ niggers

>Dwarves
>Not massively greedy assholes

Only good thing in the hobbit movies. I laughed.

same here. i doubt i'll ever watch it. which is sad considering the LOTR are some of my favorite movies, and i just wanted more. whyd the hobbit have to suck so bad lads?

>A man challenges Death to a chess match for his life while questioning his faith and purpose in a god forsaken world
try harder pleb

EVERYTHING TO DO WITH WAR IN THIS MOVIE IS BULLSHIT

That charge scene. That fucking charge is bullshit. You've got heavy infantry in a fucking pike formation being charged head on. SO YOU PUT YOUR FUCKING ALLIES BETWEEN THE CHARGING ENEMY AND THE FUCKING SPEAR WALL?

I swear the only thing worse is game of thrones. The tactics in that are complete bullshit

I watched the Hobbit flicks this weekend for that reason and as long as you don't go in expecting the same level of quality as LotR they make for decent popcorn flicks. Kind of like high fantasy capeshit.

>originally trilogy shows battles with like 50-70 dudes in costume/makeup with brief scenes using CGI and other effects to make battles seem huge
>somehow jackson unlearned how to do a movie and we got OPs webm

what exactly happens to these old movie makers?

were they always hacks, did they age out, or is it the result of too much creative control?
or do we just blame the studio

so you mean if you watch to expect shit you get shit? gotcha

>never reading the hobbit
the fuck is wrong with you

CGI is hundreds of times cheaper and muh shekels

>elves working with dwarves
>dwarves without beards
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Sounds like Tomino desu.

Jackson didnt want to do it but studios forced him. They also suffered a year or two of lost production time thanks to a writers strike.

Everything aligned perfectly for these movies to suck (besides the 1st)

I know a /m/an would catch on

I think maybe after you create a good fictional world, you gotta learn when to let it be

late uc is a giant shitshow that ruins the ending of char counter attack, which sunrise tried to salvage with unicorn, but ultimately since hathaways flash is getting animated and greco happened, the UC timeline just turns into a perpetual darkage and all newtypes die or something, honestly might be a contender for one of the most nihilistic fictional worlds I've seen

Why didn't the orcs just use the giant graboid worm monsters to tunnel directly into the dorf fort and take it over from the inside?
They could've instantly had a well-fortified position inside the place they were trying to take over.

It's nice to see Elves get BTFO'd every now and then. Look at that "NOOO I'M IN CHARGE HERE" face

someone post the webm of the elves jumping over the people in that battle

Whats that battle strategy called? im a bit of a military noob you'll have to excuse me

>A man plays a board game with some pale guy.
Wow, so riveting.

(You)
Sup Forumsedditors are pathetic

What the fuck. I don't remember that retardation. Was that in the extended editions for the Hobbit I never watched?

>Front paws

Wasn't Smaug a wyvern?

Fuck OFF Hackson.

>filmed at 48fps
>animated at 24, with doubled spacing

Even the animators new this was a shitty project.

OP's webm actually makes perfect sense.
The elves are great archers. The dwarves know this. So they develop weapons that can smash arrows out of the air by spinning chains(?), then hold these weapons in reserve until the elves try an arrow volley. And even if there are no archers, they still are plenty effective against formations.

This is actually fine. It's not the leaping_faggots.webm that usually gets posted to start a thread like this.

>high fantasy
>the largest 'cities' only have like 20 inhabitants

It's decisions like that and others that make it difficult for me not to place a fair amount of the blame on Jackson himself. Certainly the studio wanted their shekels, but he didn't really do anything to stop it from happening.

>the largest 'cities' only have like 20 inhabitants

1. Vivec 417 Ebonheart 85 together 502
2. Ald'ruhn with Buckworth fort 210
3. Balmora with Moonmouth fort 124
4. Sadrith Mora with Wolverine hall 118
5. Gnisis 64
6. Caldera 53
7. Molag Maar 51
8. Tel Vos with Vos 48
9. Suran 40
10. Tel Brannora 35

But to be fair: the first two Hobbit movies were very well done

Does make me wish Morrowind was larger, fampai

How much bigger is that compared to oblivion or skyrim?

The guy was forced into making three movies he didn't want to, and with almost no time for preproduction, because the studio fired his friend needlessly and wanted to milk a children's book for all it was worth.

Peter Jackson didn't want to make the shitshow those movies turned into. I don't blame him for sleeping on set and not taking it seriously.

Most populous city (Imperial City) in Oblivion has 194, most populous city (Riften) in Skyrim has 67

pic related

True goal High Fantasy

brava bethesda

Is there any fancut of the movies that edits them down into a respectable film?

So other than a tweaked version of our world map, what is it?

There's a massive treasure horde in the nearby mountain after the dragon was killed.
Five armies think they have the legitimate claim to it.

Is this even remotely possible without magic?

The Tolkien Edit of Hobbit is watchable at least.

It's called having the high ground

This was Jackson's low key way of saying that Middle-Earth and Star Wars share the same universe and the elves were taught the ways of the jedi.

I forgot it was like this. what was peter jackson doing when he thought to put this in a film, why did no one stop him, whyyyyyy

>Ogre Kingdom occupies what would be Russia
What did they mean by this?

>no australia

if only the real globe was capable of such paradise

>if you like high fantasy
Do people actually like low fantasy movies?

>True goal High Fantasy
That's basically just the world map, m8

Kek at calling the Middle East "Badlands" and Central Asia "The Dark Lands" tho

Couldn't the elves just shoot another volley of arrows? Like, immediatly after they saw their first volley get wiped out of the air. Just like, shoot some more?

Movies I cannot say, but judging how the mainline Final Fantasy games have gone I take it there are some who only want so many elements from the higher spectrum.

You know how I know you missed the entire point of the game?

>Sup Forums celebrates news years eve

>logic applies only when it suits me
Lmao

dude you're such a fag lmao

t. Moot

people look back on the books with rose tinted glasses because "muh childhood". J.R's writing style is objectively shit. Long winded, uninteresting dialogue, bland characters, and pathetically written "action" scenes. Tolkien spent way more time on pointless shit like fake languages, maps, and meaningless background lore. That's not "a great writer", that's a fucking autist that lives in his own little fantasy world. The books are complete shit.

The LoTR movies are also shit, and peter jackson should feel bad about himself. the hobbit films were at least fun to watch, but they're like a 6/10 tops.

>most overrated fucking franchise ever

>>most overrated fucking franchise ever

Who are you quoting?

>I don't blame him for sleeping on set and not taking it seriously.
I hope this is just shit bait.

Kislev is Russia you monkey. Ogres are basically in Afghanistan, though they are central Asian.

>that Bilbo face in the background

For what purpose?

>doesn't know how greentext is used on the other 40+ boards

so he knows where to look?