I've been prescribed by a psychiatrist to take lexapro, should I do it? What will it feel like?

I've been prescribed by a psychiatrist to take lexapro, should I do it? What will it feel like?

It'll be easier to kill yourself

If you need it you are a major defect already

Make changes in your life instead of stuffing your face with pills.

It's a good antidepressant. I've been taking it for more than 1.5 years and without it I would have probably killed myself multiple times.

Keep in mind that it doesn't work instantaneously. You have to take it (and probably raise the dosage) over the course of some weeks before you get the long-term effects.

Feels alright. I take citalopram and it works well enough.

The majority of treatment is actually working on things yourself. The medicine is just a booster that allows you to do so.

If you're a neet that stays in his room and plays video games all day, it won't work. You'll end up losing interest in being a neet, something categorized by people who tell the horror stories about low doses making them lose interest in the world. The goal is to get you to explore the world more.

As a bonus (despite it taking forever to cum), you can edge for a long time and don't get post coital or post masturbation depression.

The end goal is to take you off the meds after a while when you start making habits and no longer need a booster.

I just got off lexapro OP.
I took it for anxiety, it makes you feel a little muted, like your kinda foggy at times but it helped me. Being a little foggy and indifferent is better than having anxiety attacks.

Take it if you need it but keep in mind it takes about a month for full effect to settle in so don't skip doses. Also being depressed is worse than being on Lexapro which is still worse than sorting yourself out. Use the medication to help you deal while you fix your life, don't become dependent. Also withdrawal can suck and lasts about a week if you've taken the medication for about six months. Prepare for feeling tired and vertigo.

All in all I recommend you try it if you need it, it may have saved me. Talk to your doctor about it, some medicines are better than others, don't be afraid to ask questions that's what you pay him for.

Enjoy your ssri induced anhedonia and genetial anesthesia

This. Try EVERYTHING ELSE before that. Change your job, hit the gym, join a club, anything before that shit.

Sweden bro is right, only positive lifestyle changes can reliably fix your problems.

You will instantly gain the ability to relax so if you are on the border of getting laid you will. depraved girls will like you even though you are acting like a zombie but your body will be depleted of nutrients, the flora in your gut will be killed, and you will shoot up your school.

[spoiler]when i stopped taking it i went mad and told my waifu professor I could do alchemy and live forever. then i got expelled, ran down the street naked, and got taken to the ER[/spoiler]

when you're depressed thats your self sending you a message. If your service engine light comes on you dont just unscrew the bulb do you?

Yea I do unscrew the check engine light it means absolutely nothing

don't do it OP.
pharmaceuticals are a bandaid most of the time.
you literally have to subscribe to a pillmaker to keep yourself happy. you'd be better off smoking weed once in a while

>People think taking pills is the answer to everything

You are damn right. IF YOU ARE A WEAK-WILLED FAGGOT WHO DOESN'T KNOW THE MEANING OF WILLPOWER AND SELF-CONTROL

Absolutely disgusting.

Currently on it now for social anxiety. I have definitely become more social on it. I also remember my dreams more often now. When I first started it I kept waking up in the middle of the night feeling nauseous, but that doesn't happen any more.

I don't take pills even though I'm depressed. What I do when I get bad anxiety attacks or depressed is get really fucking angry and push through it.

Most people I know that take anti-depressants are retarded as fuck, I don't do any drugs not even booze.

I've taken lexapro off and on for years. It genuinely diminishes my sense that life is a meaningless struggle, and suicide is a good idea

whether that's true is for someone else to answer.

Its okay. Withdrawals are going to be hell though.

I can't tolerate SSRIs. Started taking them for anxiety and basically made me feel like I had the flu.I just use benzos for anxiety. They work way better

>take shit prescribed by a shrink
>can't get it up anymore
ishygddt
>rate of shrinks who happen to be ((()))
>pure coincidence

user,

Please don't take dugs unless you're in unbelieveable PHYSICAL pain. Hospitals are just a business in the end, and are only trying to sell you shit you most likely don't need and will likely end up an addict.

enjoy your brain zaps

just buy phenibut powder online, will make you able to socialize with no downsides