The actual fuck

It wasnt ground breaking by any means, but it was a fuck ton better made than any mcu shit and especially rouge one, yet this is the rating it got?

It was worth seeing just for the Torquemada parts alone.

> Better than Rogue One

Fuck off retard

IF NOTHING IS TRUE AND EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED IS THEIR CREED WHY DIDNT THEY JUST KILL THEIR ALLY THE SULTAN AND TAKE THE APPLE AND THROW IT IN THE OCEAN?

>making a 2 hour linear adaptation of a non-linear 20+ hour experience

Yeah it wasn't great, but it was a cool stylish sci-fi/action flick. I think people just walked in the theaters hating the movie already because "lol video game movies suck"

Because the story told in the movie is shit and the action scenes had some of the worst editing of the year.

The part where they went into the current day assassins was terrible.

Plus shit like "leap of faith" was dumb as shit.

In the games there are multiple apples of eden, on of the assassins actually does throw an apple in the ocean.

the worst thing about Creed was Irons performance

the worst thing about Rouge One is that it existed

because then the film would of ended in the first ten minutes

that i cant comment on, never really played the games

Reviewers hate anything video game-related. They're all pretentious oldfags or SJW cucks.

It's not terrible, but the source material is shit from a narrative perspective, and there was no way this would ever work as a 2 hour movie. It had all of the right ingredients to be good except for the fact that it's Assassin's Creed.

>In the games there are multiple apples of eden, on of the assassins actually does throw an apple in the ocean.

>hes using logic from pre-ACIV games

oh user you have no idea do you

i bet this movie completely avoided that twist too

and we're now 4 games after that, so its totally cannon now

its the third day of the year user, or did it come out earlier abroad?

Find it hard to believe it was any worse then Civil War or even SS.

Filtered.

this.

Editing wasn't quite that bad, but it's full of continuity errors

I was expecting the main villain to use the apple and obliterate at least a few assassasins in the last minutes of the movie but got dissapointed.

I was really hoping we would get the dungeons and dragons Irons in this film.

It would have made the film if Irons character used the apple to split into multiples of himself and fight off the assassins.

i saw only one, Cal's knife switching hands between shots, nothing to distracting, dreading to ask but what else was there.

Wait does the apple actually physically do something? I don't know anything about the games.

The way they talked about it in the movie is that it was maybe like, some genetic code written down or something. I dunno why it glowed when he opened it.

it is a piece of technology used by "gods" or more along the lines left behind them.

They are used to create illusions and dominate people even, some of these illusions can actually manifest into reality.

These can be anywhere from duplicating yourself into many to energy blasts etc.

In the first game the Apple is a map that shows the location of alien temples, and it can restrain people. In the third game (brotherhood) it crushes people or something. I don't remember what any of them do after that

Oh okay.

In the movie they said something about it containing the "key to violence" so I thought it was like, a small piece of the picture they wanted to use to further research or something.

What the actual fuck are you talking about? It was one of the worst, clusterfuck movies I've ever seen. I was hyped about the movie, didn't thin it'd be amazing,l but I had hopes. I love the atmosphere, and it was beautifully shot, but that was terrible. And I really really dislike mcu movies, but this is barely even passable as a movie.

how was the music?

Loved the music too. It seems like everything felt and looked great. Extremely comfy, reminded me a lot of how the first game made me feel. Only wish there were more 15th century scenes. It's way too bad it came out the way it did. Justin Kurzel did a great job but I think he just did this one for the paycheck.

Other than that, the only visionary thing I hated was the piss filter, and whenever Fassbender spoke Spanish.

that's good, the music guy also did Macbeth, and that was a 10/10

>there has literally never been a good video game movie
are they cursed or something?
are people just retarded?
maybe both?

I've abandoned the games and haven't played anything since black flag, which I only played because the ship combat looked and was fun.

So what's happened? Any of the games focus on ship combat? Any of the games go back to the original towers and tombs gameplay of the first couple games? I'm guessing the story is completely gone by now. Which I guess I'm in the minority because I actually liked it.

I have to wonder if the label itself hurts them.

the cool thing about the original games though was the environment. Large crowds that you blended seemlessly into after running from guards, buildings you could climb, tombs you could race through. None of that is going to be as fun watching an actor do.

>taking rotten tomatoes seriously
bait harder

ITT: proof that people who shit on the MCU and Disney Wars are Sup Forumsedditors

ehhh not really it was edited like a big trailer.
The characters all acted the same too, it was bizarre.

gotta say i disagree, but my fave things about it were the same things you liked.

kek, never played a single assassins creed game but keep trying

I went to see it yesterday.

Pretty shitty movie T.B.H F.A.M.P.A.I

None of the characters really had personality or a back story and the "I'M CRAAAAYYYYZZZZZEEEEEYYYYYYY" was cringe.

Rogue one had a similar problem with undeveloped characters but man AC was shite.

>I think people just walked in the theaters hating the movie already because "lol video game movies suck"

Why would people walk into a movie that they think isn't very good in the first place?

So they can complain about it on the internet.

>It had all of the right ingredients to be good except for the fact that it's Assassin's Creed.

/thread

It looks like it's getting decent reviews on RT. 3.5/5 isn't terrible. But the critics are blowing it the fuck out, and I believe the box office numbers aren't great.

same reason bvs got %20.

it wasnt shit its disney cucks

Really?

Jesus you young people love to waste time.

Says the user on Sup Forums at 1:15 in the morning talking about a movie I haven't seen yet.

saying this as someone who likes BvS, what does disney have to do with it in anyway bar being an action film

>None of the characters really had personality or a back story
I.D.K, the only two who really mattered did i would say, everyone else was just a supporting role. although it would of helped to flesh out a few more of the assassins.

>"I'M CRAAAAYYYYZZZZZEEEEEYYYYYYY" was cringe.
i liked that part

He thinks that Disney pays reviewers to give all non-Disney movies bad reviews.

To speak a little more rationally, probably my biggest gripe was the fact that it was too short and fast paced but trying to cram too much into an hour and a half. I think making it longer would serve it justice and slow down the slightly choppy editing.

Out of curiosity, why did you think the movie was good?