If you look closely you can see the disappointment on Harrison's face

If you look closely you can see the disappointment on Harrison's face

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PXnNOBj26lk
youtube.com/watch?v=l4FeyONCtfc&t=9s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why would he be disappointment?

Because it's fucking gay.

Thin Red Line and Saving Private Ryan should have won. It was also Weinsteins first win and signalled the end of the Oscars

He's like "Are you (censored) kiddng me?"

Saving Private Ryan is probably better, but honestly Shakespeare in Love is great enough that I don't mind that it won best picture. Very clever with a strong emotional drive to it, and if you know your Shakespeare a lot of the in-jokes are very fun.

other noms that year
Elizabeth
Life Is Beautifu
Saving Private Ryan
The Thin Red Line

Shakespeare was a hack anywayu. A black woman wrote all his shit.

See Shakespeare in Love is a great movie, I agree, but The Thin Red Line is an actual masterpiece and Saving Private Ryan was a cultural milestone.

Bunch of Academy members having a wank over Tom Stoppard writing a screenplay

Shakespeare in Love was good movie, but it was entirely forgettable. It didn't stick with me like The Thin Red Line, Saving Private Ryan, or Life is Beautiful.

SPR is still influencing films to this day. Shakespeare in Love not so much. WEHT Joseph Fiennes

This is nothing compared to Jack Nicholson having to announce Crash won.

Well they didn't realize how important it would be and what it would mean to so many people. Also the academy loves Drama and Romance films.

>they didn't realize how important it would be and what it would mean to so many people
i wish we had some sort of organization that can recognize and reward culturally significant films

The whole nomination was just utter shit

Harrison Ford just always looks like he's ready to kill himself, I'm pretty sure he's just waiting for the sweet release of death because he's far too autistic to refuse film offers to play Han and Indiana again.

AFI?

>Saving Private Ryan was a cultural milestone.

only for Sup Forumseddit

If you look closely you can see Meryl Streep giving him a bigger round of applause than Patricia Arquette.

youtube.com/watch?v=PXnNOBj26lk

>crash up against brokeback mountain, capote, a clooney vanity project, and munich

what a gay bullshit year for movies

are you H*cking kiddingm e!?

Great post user

kys

Do they intentionally give Ford the most awkward presenting jobs of a given year?

Take your jewish propaganda back to plebbit where it belongs.

youtube.com/watch?v=l4FeyONCtfc&t=9s

I give this post a 3.2/10

beyond mediocre bait.

Didn't click link due to quality of post.

It's not bait and you'd know this if you bothered to educate yourself by watching that video you fucking sheep.

Should have known nupol was behind this. Why do you insist on shitting up this board?

Spielberg got him the Indiana Jones role. I guess he was rooting for his movie.

>Likes disabled
>Comments are disabled for this video.

LMFAO What happened?

thought it was his relationship with George Lucas that got him Indiana Jones. He was most likely pulling for Spielberg. That was a real record scratch moment when SPR didn't get called

standing ovation for a child rapist... only in hollywood.

Lucas didn't want Ford for the Indy job because he didn't want him to become his De Niro

Spielberg insisted on giving Ford a shot after Lucas's first choice Tom Selleck couldn't take the role.

damn, that's right. i forgot about tom selleck. selleck passed it up to do magnum p.i. imagine that version of indiana jones.

This board fucking sucks

He got to be the biggest superstar in the planet for two decades. He should consider himself lucky that he didn't end up like his Star Wars co-stars.

Was this before or after the allegations?

>Well they didn't realize how important it would be and what it would mean to so many people.
They've done that for quite a lot time.

>How Green Was My Valley won over Citizen Kane
>Art Carney won Best Actor over Nicholson in Chinatown and Pacino in Godfather 2
>Chariots of Fire won over Raiders of the Lost Ark
>Dances with Wolves won over Goodfellas

But to be fair, it's hard to tell if a movie is going to stand the test of time right away. Though I still don't know how the fuck they thought that Spotlight was worthy of awards.

>attacking Germany on the back
>cultural milestone

t. amerifats

his rape allegations happened in the 70s, so yeah it was after.

I can't believe there are actually people in this thread that like SPR in a not post-ironic way.

Fucking nigger hang ys

Tell me reasons why it's bad without using the words reddit or jew.

Aside from the fact that I've never seen people here defend anything Spielberg has done, SPR specifically is shallow pro-american fascist style propaganda.
If you just like watching things go boom it does that alight, but there was even another WW2 movie up for the oscar that year that is better.

ib4
>he thinks Thin Red Line is a war movie

>b-but Hitler did nothing wrong!
When will internet neonazis learn.

>Aside from the fact that I've never seen people here defend anything Spielberg has done
There are people that dislike Jaws and Raiders? That's just being a contrarian asshole.

>every german is literally hitler
are you by chance 14 years old? tell the truth user

Yeah, how can every German be Hitler if they're not even white.