Spacemen 3

>Spacemen 3
>Spiritualized
Is their a more patrician modern artist than Jason Pierce?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0vzJJCRXfuI
youtu.be/PhQU6tEYfzM
youtu.be/qdQn7c62zHM
youtube.com/watch?v=r9yApVj3z84
youtu.be/VUn4ULtQWB0
youtube.com/watch?v=87tpwG-zSHY
youtu.be/hbsNGd08i_s
youtu.be/rFGtAiUk2LQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Isn't his liver super fucked up from all the drug abuse and he's been seen in a wheelchair? I mean he is based, but the kind of lifestyle he's led means he won't live to be based for very long.

He's performing at Primavera this year and new album is due this year as well, he was really sick several years ago though.

At least we got Sweet Heart, Sweet Light as a result

both projects are pretty cool sometimes but seriously flawed. i dunno, but somehow every spiritualized/spacemen3 album sounds way better on paper

The most patrician thing about Spacemen 3 is the fact that they named their side projects Spiritualized, Sonic Boom, and Spectrum so they would all show up right next to each other at the record store
very convenient

>Is their a more patrician modern artist than Jason Pierce?
idk but he's certainly up there

Sonic Boom (Pete Kember) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jason pierce

He had to have chemotherapy because his liver was so fucked up. He hasn't been looking well since at least 2012. Looks very frail and tired.

Anyways I often wonder why nobody ever talks about Pure Phase. I've heard everything he's ever done including his more obscure ventures like this remix he did of a Yoko Ono track

youtu.be/0vzJJCRXfuI

This is the dumbest opinion I've probably ever seen.

Sonic Boom is so great he quit playing music because no one went to his shows.

I left out my main point: Pure Phase is the best thing he did

I know Chris Ott agrees

Pure Phase is fantastic.

I was listening to the Complete Works vol. 1 last night, and even that is an incredible collection of music.

Yeah. Just wish this version of Feel So Sad was on it and not the Glides and Chimes version
youtu.be/PhQU6tEYfzM

Zachary Hill

Short answer: no

>Zachary Hill
Don't even put this motherfucker in the same sentence as Jason Spacemen.

honestly they're both great modern artists user. daniel lopatin too

Not even close.

because people are plebs and hes underrated

Yeah he really isn't. The only half good album he had after Spacemen 3 was Soul Kiss Glide Divine

Jason always carried Spacemen 3 if you compare the songs each of them wrote.

This board has the worst taste in music man i swear.

The funny part is you're probably some dumbfuck Animal Collective/MGMT fan who thinks he's some genius because he produced a couple of their records.

He's not.

Experimental Audio Research, Spectrum, and Sonic Boom were all mediocre projects at best. EAR was just flat out shit.

Get off the planet

>plays an E5 chord for 6 minutes

Wow so underrated. What a genius.

youtu.be/qdQn7c62zHM

Im an AnCo/MGMT fag

J. Spaceman >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sonic Boom

Lmao you know nothing about me, or my interest in music. Nice try at attempting to put me in the same box as the rest of this soyboy indie fags on here though.

It's like you know nothing about texture and tone.

youtube.com/watch?v=r9yApVj3z84

>But he's using a fuzz pedal too!

Fuck off.

It became obvious how much better Jason was when they broke up before they recorded the Recurring album. Needless to say Jason's half (2nd) far outweighs Sonic Booms. Apart from the opening track and I Love You it's pretty awful

You know what's funny about this? It's the best song he did after Spacemen 3, and he didn't even write it.

youtu.be/VUn4ULtQWB0

You got to be trolling. This site is terrible.

Great argument.

Again, fuck off.

You're out of your league in this discussion

dude drugs jesus drone lmao

DUDE HEROIN LMAO

youre out of your element kiddo

>all these people jaded that Sonic Boom is responsible for their best album, Forged Prescriptions.

I don't care. This forum is terrible anyway when you have people on here praising shit like animal collective and King Gizzard. I don't give a fuck what you think about Spacemen 3. You taste is probably shit anyway.

postin more good sonic boom

youtube.com/watch?v=87tpwG-zSHY

Another great, insightful post by this knuckle dragging dipshit.

Transparent Radiation, Hypnotized and Big City are fucking killer but everything else was pretty forgettable

had a beer with him after he played a solo show in Sydney about ten years ago. Very educated, classy guy.

It's almost like you people don't understand why they're praised so much in the first place. taking the ideals of minimalist musicians like Laurie Anderson and fusing it with 60s stooges garage rock. It was under heard of at the time. During so much with so little, while creating different textures and soundscapes. Those dronning guitars is like trance music. I really don't understand how you couldn't see the genius in their work. Like i said before, i'm talking to people who praise Zach Hill, so it kinda makes sense.

youtu.be/hbsNGd08i_s

Good lord why the fuck is this 7 minutes long

youtu.be/rFGtAiUk2LQ

at least i don't spend all day pining after some untalented internet waifu

>mfw I made a spiritualized thread the other days and everyone shitted on them

the majority of this board is clueless plebs