Why is this movie so perfect!

Why is this movie so perfect!
The music, the car, the jacket, Ryan Gosling, the setting, the violence, the ending.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sr1NMzPVCSA
youtube.com/watch?v=rqbckoIEJGo
youtube.com/watch?v=peKc4tIVEVk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's hard to explain.

you nailed it

thread over

it's perfect because refn got hooked on synthwave before it even became a big fad like with the stranger things soundtrack.

with kavinsky's music, the movie films itself, it's a total music video the whole way through and that's why it feels so good

i'm also not giving enough credit to the based crime scenes. the bloody gory action is fucking perfect and the pawn robbery is so tight

There's something about it.

I feel like a pleb if I say I like this movie. I feel like I'm told to like it so my own opinion is superseded.

Childhood is idolizing Drive. Adulthood is realizing Only God Forgives makes more sense.

Bronson is the real Refn kino

I went in ready to laugh at the memes (Real Human Bean, turbo autist, etc.), and by the end, I kept hoping the Driver would go back to his normal life.

I didn't cry, but goddamn it, I felt something as the end credits began to play.

But there has to be more then that. Extremely more.

The reason why you never hear normies talk about this or even remember it is because it appeals to a very certain autiste/aesthete
>Loner
>Doesn't communicate much
>Finds himself in circumstances where he has to become a hero
>Steps up to the plate and unleashes calculated bloody revenge
This is just good simple storytelling sure, but it resonates very strongly with the Sup Forums demographic it is the ultimate fantasy.

Drive is great, because Refn is a master at slow, awkward and subtle dialogue. He really manages to portray a autistic young man.

This scene alone is very underrated and I feel when people see this kind of slow-violence they don't appreciate the art behind it. They want John Wick status(granted which is good) but the beauty in the shots alone.

youtube.com/watch?v=sr1NMzPVCSA

It's Refn's most accessible movie, that's why you liked it. It even had Memer Cranston in it.

/thread

because both refn and driver are both autistic as fuck. that makes them pure kino duo.

>Watching lala land
>Ryan's first scene is of him driving
>In traffic
Pottery

there was another movie where the main character wears a jacket like this. It was in the 80s or 90s and the guy got in way over his head and was being manipulated by some crazy girl obsessed with seppuku

Only sensible post in the thread.

No there wasn't

sure thing faggot.

Patricianhood is realizing the Pusher trilogy were the only ones worth watching

Yes this scene is crimekino

It's the slow, methodical, visceral violence that only the great director's have been able to pull off

This should be posted in every drive thread.

It's been said this scene is almost entirely responsible for the inspiration of Miami Hotline.

> install new hard drive
> it ends up as the letter i
> name it I Drive
mfw

It's a great film because it's essentially about a virtuous, ubermensch, Aryan specimen vanquishing a scheming, murderous, jew-froed semite. Whether consciously or subconsciously, this is every white man's fantasy.

youtube.com/watch?v=rqbckoIEJGo

youtube.com/watch?v=peKc4tIVEVk

You're on to something.

I've never seen it, I get to it eventually

becauz of this man.

This movie is shit, pure autism

sounds interesting, now I want to know more

nice

>go to job interview to deliver pizzas
>put on my scorpion jacket and racing gloves
>enter store and walk straight into the interview room
>manager says "umm, are you applying for the open position?"
>I star out the window
>...
>...
>...
>"i drive"
>manager tells me they are only hiring for cook positions
>i stare at him silently for 2 minutes
>walk out the store
>a real human bean

Dang, what a guy

It's the good kind of autism though

Stale; bring some fresh PC next time

>a fucking martin leaf

>Finds himself in circumstances where he has to become a human bean
and a real hero

>parents bugging me to get a job
>whatever
>local pizza chain needs a delivery driver
>walk into store, wearing jeans, scorpion jacket, sunglasses, and driving gloves
>it’s pretty empty, its like 430 and only the manager is there
>”can I help you?”
>stare at him for a good minute
>he actually gets a little agitated
>I motion to the sign in the window “I drive”
>”oh, ok. You want an interview? Theres not much to it. If you can drive, and have a license, you’re pretty much hired”
>”…whats the job?”
>he looks at me a little confused
>”you deliver pizzas to the customer, and answer phones”
>fuck, I hadn’t counted on the phones
>I have severe social anxiety, I can’t really talk to people
>turn around to leave
>as I walk out the door, I turn around
>”what’s a fucking jew like you doing owning a pizzeria?”